We Got Snacks

fattlipp

Not as thrilled as I’m supposed to be but I could be wrong. Good to see some recent positive tape on him even if it’s just snacking on the Jets.  I don’t know how quickly he can get acclimated but his job description is generally pretty simple.

Assuming Rush and his neck beard are sent packing. I liked the little bit I saw from BP but he’s on the practice squad so we have that card up our sleeve if needed. Snacks brings even more anchor and If KC is all about it, who am I to disagree?

Welcome big man, let’s get this ring!

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Snacks twitter post

"I want to thank my teammates and the Seahawks for allowing me to be a small part in the 2020 season. Wish it didn’t have to end but it’s time for us both to move on. All love 12s"

coded message that he wanted to play with Rodgers. Yep!

Nope. I believe he was referring to Seahawks fans .i.e. 12th man.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

I'm wary of let me out guys.

Me too, but there are cases where a change of scenery/scheme really is the best move for a player. In this case, it seems amicable on both sides and Sea really just has some younger guys that they like there.

What rubbed me the wrong way was staying on the Sea PS when he had other offers for the 53. The deal must have been get back into shape and we’ve got a spot for you.  Now that it’s time for the glory, and he’s a healthy scratch, he wanted to go elsewhere. 

Can’t blame him but seems like a guy looking to take the easy way in late in his career. If he can play some quality snaps for us in the playoffs, I won’t care about any personal code. At this point he’s a mercenary and only thing that’s important is if he can get the job done. 

3 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

It's basically a short-term rental. I know everyone has been on about him, I am merely hoping he proves useful during the playoffs. It's a no-risk/moderate-reward move. 

This is really it, if we can get a few quality snaps from him per game and give Kenny a spell and not get gouged in the run game while Kenny is out that is all I'm looking for. If we need to stop a run having Kenny and Snacks in there together just makes us a bit more stout.

With that said if Pettine plays his runs like he did last week and trusts his exceptional pass defense then snacks is a luxury we can use as it best suits GB.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

I'm wary of let me out guys.

If this was a FA signing for more than our playoff run, i would agree. But thats all this is; Snacks just wants to win a ring. This is the most interesting part of the Snacks saga to me. He basically hand picked the Seahawks mid season im assuming because he thought they were the most likely to get back to the bowl. I like to think he quit the seahawks because he knew they didnt have what it takes after several weeks of playing with them.

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

how does he compare to Lancaster in 2020?

My guess.  Lancaster over a 30 snaps is better than Snacks.

Snacks is better than Lancaster for 10 snaps.

To me, he's got little left in the tank.  But still a nice piece to have on the DL.  Experience, anchor...etc.

Here is hoping he has one pass rush left in him ala Howard Green.

37 minutes ago, snackattack said:

If this was a FA signing for more than our playoff run, i would agree. But thats all this is; Snacks just wants to win a ring. This is the most interesting part of the Snacks saga to me. He basically hand picked the Seahawks mid season im assuming because he thought they were the most likely to get back to the bowl. I like to think he quit the seahawks because he knew they didnt have what it takes after several weeks of playing with them.

That and he wants snaps. They had him inactive the last game. He wants to play some snaps for a winning team IMO. There is only so many winning teams and even less that need D line help like the Packers.