My breakdown on Joe Brady and why he should be high up on our list

rdelaney89

- I said Connor McGovern played under him at Penn State, was the wrong Connor McGovern (oops)

- Chris Godwin played at Penn State with Brady there, perhaps he has an inside track in landing him via FA?

- Michael Thomas had his 2 best years with Brady on staff with the Saints.

- Joe Burrow couldn't beat out Dwayne Haskins at Ohio State, transferred to LSU in 2018.

Burrow before Brady 2018

58%  222 YPG  16 TD  5 INT

Burrow with Brady 2019

76%  378 YPG  60 TD  6 INT

- Panthers may be 5-10 but they were within 1 score in a bunch of losses including: Raiders, Bears, Saints, Falcons, Chiefs, Vikings, Broncos, & Packers

- Will be available to interview before most other candidates due to being eliminated from playoff contention (Titans, Bills, Ravens, & Chiefs all still in it)

• Like 1

I cannot see Brady getting a job in the NFL this early.

Questions like

Has he developed enough relationships to build a great staff?

How will he adapt to the league catching up to his schemes?

He's a coach I'd love in organization just not yet leading our organization at the moment. I was interested in him and Lawrence growing together but right now I think we need a more established leader.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I cannot see Brady getting a job in the NFL this early.

Questions like

Has he developed enough relationships to build a great staff?

How will he adapt to the league catching up to his schemes?

He's a coach I'd love in organization just not yet leading our organization at the moment. I was interested in him and Lawrence growing together but right now I think we need a more established leader.

I thought the exact same thing.......however.......

wouldn’t a qb guru/offensive genius like Brady be just what we would need for a young qb who’s not ready to kill it like Lawrence. If we hit on QB we know we can build a solid defense. It’s what NY is built on both here and with the giants. 

We need a HC, not just a guru or QB whisperer. Let the Head Coach chose his “guru”. Brady is absolutely not ready to be a HC. I could almost guarantee JD will not even talk to him and I would be shocked if any other organization talked to him. As I stated before, NFL teams are risk adverse to a degree.  Let Brady make a name for himself by his results and not by some fan obsessed notions. 

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

I thought the exact same thing.......however.......

wouldn’t a qb guru/offensive genius like Brady be just what we would need for a young qb who’s not ready to kill it like Lawrence. If we hit on QB we know we can build a solid defense. It’s what NY is built on both here and with the giants. 

We just dont know enough about Brady to give him the HC job, it'd be like hiring Steve Belichick right now, who's had way more experience. Douglas would be tying his career to Brady. Brady would get another shot at HC at some point, Douglas wont get another GM job if he bombs. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We just dont know enough about Brady to give him the HC job, it'd be like hiring Steve Belichick right now, who's had way more experience. Douglas would be tying his career to Brady. Brady would get another shot at HC at some point, Douglas wont get another GM job if he bombs. 

knee-slapping-hilarious.gif

Rickyt is on board for that since he is in film crap.

Very high on my list. I think the only thing that might make us gun shy on it... is that he’s a young offensive mind. And that’s what Gase was. And obviously that blew up in our face.

I know Gase was a HC that didn’t succeed 1st so it’s not similar. But do the johnsons look that’s far into it? Perhaps not.

But for me... I’d love him as our HC

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Very high on my list. I think the only thing that might make us gun shy on it... is that he’s a young offensive mind. And that’s what Gase was. And obviously that blew up in our face.

I know Gase was a HC that didn’t succeed 1st so it’s not similar. But do the johnsons look that’s far into it? Perhaps not.

But for me... I’d love him as our HC

At least gase went through the NFL system as position coach?, OC then HC. To take a young first year NFL OC and put him in control of an NFL team is beyond risky, it is reckless. Especially in the NY media market. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

At least gase went through the NFL system as position coach?, OC then HC. To take a young first year NFL OC and put him in control of an NFL team is beyond risky, it is reckless. Especially in the NY media market. 

It’s a risk certainly. But could be genius as well

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Its a situation where if its bad then its really bad. Like has he even develop the proper relationships to build a staff?

Like Brady would be either amazing and the next Sean Payton or terrible and the next Lane Kiffin. 

7 hours ago, xrade said:

Andy Reid went from QB Coach to HC