My breakdown on Joe Brady and why he should be high up on our list

rdelaney89

I'm not worried about his age because Sean McVay was 30 when he was hired. So for me, it all comes down to what he can prove in the interviews and if players he has worked with view him as a leader. As I mentioned before, I would love the CEO type but Brady's ceiling as a coach is much higher if he can staff, lead, and knows defense. 

It's really pros and cons to everything. If Brady call plays and have a Sean Payton effect, you know our QB won't have to worry about system changes for the rest of their career. Our offense can stay competitive for decades. Avoiding the situation the Falcons went through after after Shan left. 

On the flip side of that, having someone be a true CEO type of HC allows him to get involved on all 3 sides of the ball and it's something we haven't had in a while. 

I'm open minded to this because I'm worried about missing out on the possible coordinator who is actually set to be a great HC because of what happened with Gase. 

Edited by rickyt31

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That’s how rare it is. 

That's happening with Mike Kafka in KC right now. He's someone I'd love to have as well.

Edit- just saw your post above me haha we are on the same page I think.

Edited by rdelaney89
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Andy Reid went from QB Coach to HC

Not at age 31 and after one season of pro experience, with very marginal success I might add. Now add in building a program from scratch. He needs way more seasoning, and maybe even some success.

2 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

That's happening with Mike Kafka in KC right now. He's someone I'd love to have as well.

Edit- just saw your post above me haha we are on the same page I think.

If I'm hiring a Chiefs coach hoping to bring here what they do there then I would take him over Bieniemy.

48 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think people are overthinking the KC situation. I would be more than happy with Eric Bieniemy. 

That is because there are a lot of unanswered questions about him.  Why has he not been given a chance by now?  Is it he or Reid designing the offensive game plan?  Is Bieniemy just another puppet OC?  Does he look like a good OC because of Mahomes or is Mahomes good because of him?

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think people are overthinking the KC situation. I would be more than happy with Eric Bieniemy. 

He must not be convincing teams in interviews for whatever reason. Maybe this year he gets a job. But there has to be a reason why teams haven’t hired him yet. And IMO it’s just that he doesn’t do enough in an interview for them to think he’s responsible for the offense playing so good. That it is mostly Reid.

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you take Brady and don't look back. You pair him with Marvin Lewis and that would be a great combo for a few years for him to learn what it takes to be a HC. 

Marvin Lewis is going to get a HC gig somewhere not play wet nurse to some kid whose had only mild success in his ONE year as an OC. Asking Brady to take a HC job here and also try to build a team from the ground up is a recipe for disaster.