Playoffs - Cleveland at Kansas City

onejayhawk

11 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Cool.

It might be worth mentioning we probably play Baltimore first. Does that change anything for you, given the stretch they've been on? Best points differential in the league too. 

If it's Indie, I have 0 worry

I will be worried about Baltimore, if, and only if, they prove that they can run a competent gameplan against us. As is, I have no reason not to believe they will once again overblitz, get beat because of it, and abandon the run game too early when they get behind, and play right into our hands on both sides of the ball.

Additionally, they're only on a hot streak right now because their schedule turned to crap again. Like, credit where credit is due, the past two years of Baltimore might be the best team I've ever seen at just beating the absolute crap out of bad and poorly coached football teams. They can blow a bad team out like nobody else. But except for against the Browns, who also warrant some skepticism, is hasn't translated at all this year against good teams.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 7:41 AM, BigTrav said:

Cool.

It might be worth mentioning we probably play Baltimore first. Does that change anything for you, given the stretch they've been on? Best points differential in the league too. 

If it's Indie, I have 0 worry

Baltimore is not the least likely, but still only about one in four (4/15). Most likely is the Browns, then the Ravens.

Edited by onejayhawk

6 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I will be worried about Baltimore, if, and only if, they prove that they can run a competent gameplan against us. As is, I have no reason not to believe they will once again overblitz, get beat because of it, and abandon the run game too early when they get behind, and play right into our hands on both sides of the ball.

Additionally, they're only on a hot streak right now because their schedule turned to crap again. Like, credit where credit is due, the past two years of Baltimore might be the best team I've ever seen at just beating the absolute crap out of bad and poorly coached football teams. They can blow a bad team out like nobody else. But except for against the Browns, who also warrant some skepticism, is hasn't translated at all this year against good teams.

Yes, a bad matchup for them as Patrick gobbles up the blitz and we tend to get leads. I think it's a W either way. Just hope there's no rust, but I don't expect there to be

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Baltimore is the least likely, not even 1 in 5. Most likely is the Browns, then the Titans, but even the Colts are more likely than the Ravens.

Baltimore plays us if they beat Tennessee. If Tennesee wins it will be them, unless Indie wins (which they wont). I've got Baltimore and Tennessee as about the same in likeliness. I don't give Cleveland much chance at all against Pittsburgh with their 2nd best defender and HC not around. Plus Steelers just own them overall, and even kept it close with backups.

But any given Sunday. All we know is it won't be Buffalo or Pittsburgh

10 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Baltimore is the least likely, not even 1 in 5. Most likely is the Browns, then the Titans, but even the Colts are more likely than the Ravens.

Maybe from a statistical perspective. But Baltimore is the most likely in the sense that if each team that is favored wins, Baltimore is who we play. Cleveland may have the most scenarios or whatever, but does anyone actually think Cleveland beats Pittsburgh? Because they'd have to, for them to be the matchup. Someone has to upset someone, for us to play Cleveland, Indy, or Tennessee.

5 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Baltimore plays us if they beat Tennessee. If Tennesee wins it will be them, unless Indie wins (which they wont). I've got Baltimore and Tennessee as about the same in likeliness. I don't give Cleveland much chance at all against Pittsburgh with their 2nd best defender and HC not around. Plus Steelers just own them overall, and even kept it close with backups.

But any given Sunday. All we know is it won't be Buffalo or Pittsburgh

You're right. I swapped Tennessee and Baltimore.

Still, three teams have to lose for us to play Baltimore--Indianapolis, Cleveland and Tennessee. Odds on the trifecta almost three to one against. Similarly, odds on Tennessee are a bit over four  to one against. 

If Indianapolis wins, we play them. The single event is only three to one against.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Maybe from a statistical perspective. But Baltimore is the most likely in the sense that if each team that is favored wins, Baltimore is who we play. Cleveland may have the most scenarios or whatever, but does anyone actually think Cleveland beats Pittsburgh? Because they'd have to, for them to be the matchup. Someone has to upset someone, for us to play Cleveland, Indy, or Tennessee.

At this point in the season, Cleveland is as good at Pittsburgh. Whether they win on the road is a separate question, but odds makers say the Steelers are only 3 to 2 favorite. That's the sort of bet I would be willing to make. 

43 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

I get the feeling we're being slept on a bit, even though most have us number one team. It seems all anyone can talk about at the minute is Packers and Bills. Suits me fine.

Honestly feels a bit like last year.    Albeit we are the #1 this year.     All anyone could talk about last year was how we couldn't stop the run and were going to get ran over.     People still said the same thing going into the Super Bowl,   after we held Henry to under 4 YPC.   

Anything can happen,   but people naturally like to point to the underdogs since it creates more conversation.

22 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Five Chiefs make All-Pro. Kelce was one of only two unanimous choices (Aaron Donald). Hill and Mathieu also mad 1st team, while Mahomes and Chis Jones mad 2nd team. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/kansas-city-chiefs-travis-kelce-tyreek-hill-tyrann-mathieu-patrick-mahomes-chris-jones-all-pro-2020/

J

Suprised Tyrann is first team AP id I'm being honest