Playoffs - Cleveland at Kansas City

onejayhawk

This is like deja vu of 2019 against the Patriots. New England and ran the ball for a short gain. We called time out. So Brady threw a pass for a first down and they marched down for a TD right before halftime. If we had not called the time out, Belichick would likely have let the clock run out. 

I'm going out on a limb and saying Kareem Hunt is coming back to town.

The Browns are a bad matchup for us. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Good pass rushers to eat alive our OL. The best RB duo in the league in Hunt and Chubb. Hunt is going to be running the hardest he ever ran against us. Our guys better play sound defense and not get stupid turnovers on ST/offense.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

The Browns are a bad matchup for us. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Good pass rushers to eat alive our OL. The best RB duo in the league in Hunt and Chubb. Hunt is going to be running the hardest he ever ran against us. Our guys better play sound defense and not get stupid turnovers on ST/offense.

Feel like the browns are blowing their load on this game. First time in the playoffs in forever, against a division rival, when you coach is out with COVID. 

Hard to be high energy two games in a row when you play as an emotional game as this. 

also their D isn’t anything scary and I’ll bet Chiefs in a shootout every time. 

• Like 1

How we feel about this then? I have to say I'm surprised and admit I was wrongggg! Thought for sure we'd be playing Baltimore.

I think we can light CLE up but can we prevent them from running all over us? Chris Jones just became the most important person on the field

Edited by BigTrav

I can also say I’m pretty shocked.  I think Cleveland is a tough matchup for us,  they have an excellent OL and like to play multiple TE.    Kareem and Chubb are both excellent and Kareem will have these guys fired up.  

Will need an excellent game from the Front 4,  Pennel and Nnadi need to bully them up front.

Offensively I don’t have a ton of worries,   Kelce should feast.   They will get some pressure, but Pat needs to expect that and adjust. 

Our offense will have to play a practically perfect game to beat you guys, as your offense will absolutely feast on our defense. Like, I wouldn't be shocked if Mahomes breaks some single game playoff records next Sunday...

But either way, I'm just happy the Browns are in this position. Here's to hoping for a good game!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Our offense will have to play a practically perfect game to beat you guys, as your offense will absolutely feast on our defense. Like, I wouldn't be shocked if Mahomes breaks some single game playoff records next Sunday...

But either way, I'm just happy the Browns are in this position. Here's to hoping for a good game!

You guys played an absolute stunner of a game. I'm sure Browns nation is sky high. Here's to no significant injuries!! CHEERS !!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Feel like the browns are blowing their load on this game. First time in the playoffs in forever, against a division rival, when you coach is out with COVID. 

Hard to be high energy two games in a row when you play as an emotional game as this. 

also their D isn’t anything scary and I’ll bet Chiefs in a shootout every time. 

tenor.gif

After all these "Lean Years" and an 0-16 season.......I think we have plenty of load left.....taking the Browns to the Playoffs in this scenario is equivalent of taking a 17 year old Virgin to a Whore House off the Spanish Fly.....

Tector-Gorch-On-The-Gatlin-Gun.gif

Not saying were gonna win.....KC is the only team in the NFL I am not sure we can beat......But here's to a Spirited Game...I think the Winner of this game represents the AFC in the SB...

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I can also say I’m pretty shocked.  I think Cleveland is a tough matchup for us,  they have an excellent OL and like to play multiple TE.    Kareem and Chubb are both excellent and Kareem will have these guys fired up.  Will need an excellent game from the Front 4,  Pennel and Nnadi need to bully them up front. Offensively I don’t have a ton of worries,   Kelce should feast.   They will get some pressure, but Pat needs to expect that and adjust. 

Our best run DT is Wharton. The guy has awesome hands. We can handle their running game and we can pressure Mayfield. The trick is to do both. 

Once Cleveland got the big lead, it looked like the relaxed. I think Cleveland's offense saved the game with their 5th TD. 

J

8 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Our best run DT is Wharton. The guy has awesome hands. We can handle their running game and we can pressure Mayfield. The trick is to do both. 

Is this from grades, or watching?  I could probably see him grading out high,  he gets a ton of run in sub packages when offenses aren’t loading up for the run.   

Cleveland loves to run 2 TE’s with their powerful OL,   Jones and Wharton don’t anchor well enough they’re just doing to get washed out in those formations.    Would much rather stick Jones on the outside and roll with Pennel and Nnadi.   Those guys do the dirty work,   Slide Jones and Wharton inside for sub packages.