Playoffs - Cleveland at Kansas City

onejayhawk

I 100% agree with the pride article.   I also love how the coaching staff is using him,  he’s getting put in the best situations for his skill set.   I just don’t think he has the required skill set to hold up in base against an OL this good/powerful.    If he does,  we’d need Pennel/Nnadi beside him and possible kick Jones outside 

48 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I 100% agree with the pride article.   I also love how the coaching staff is using him,  he’s getting put in the best situations for his skill set.   I just don’t think he has the required skill set to hold up in base against an OL this good/powerful.    If he does,  we’d need Pennel/Nnadi beside him and possible kick Jones outside 

The Matt Lane article in no way says he’s our best DT against the run. In fact it says due to his size limitations he’s a backup to Chris Jones in pass rush situations almost exclusively. He was solid against the run when given the opportunity but his lack of size, strength and length make it a challenge. 

Have you all got your KC bingo cards ready in NFL Gen ?

Give yourself a point if you've seen these so far;

- Cleveland need to keep Patrick Mahomes on the slideline

- KC's run defense is worse than last year

- DVOA

4707e9844b35bf2fbddaf86d7d43470c.jpg

Edited by BigTrav
  • Like 1

Consider the way the Browns game started against the Steelers and how that compares to our first playoff game last year. No one will catch us napping.

All that said, this is a Cleveland team that will be a force next season. There is a load of talent. They just need to learn winning.

J

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Everybody doubting the Chiefs again, what else is new? Last year we didn’t exactly end the regular season great either. 

Feels worse than last season, presumably because we've not blown teams out. Apparently its not enough to win now.

Pittsburgh spotted CLE some points and/or turned the ball over which all led to 24 points. They then allowed PIT to score 37 points on them and gash them through the air.

We won't be spotting the Browns that many points. 

26 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

Feels worse than last season, presumably because we've not blown teams out. Apparently its not enough to win now.

Pittsburgh spotted CLE some points and/or turned the ball over which all led to 24 points. They then allowed PIT to score 37 points on them and gash them through the air.

We won't be spotting the Browns that many points. 

Even if we do spot them the points I still have confidence we can pull out a victory. We’ve done it before 

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Even if we do spot them the points I still have confidence we can pull out a victory. We’ve done it before 

you bring some excellent points

the one factor that cleveland does better then anybody else we will due a 7 minute drive in the 4th quarter and go up by 2 scores

.That means Kc better have the lead at the end of 3 quarters or the odds dramatically switch to us winning.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

you bring some excellent points

the one factor that cleveland does better then anybody else we will due a 7 minute drive in the 4th quarter and go up by 2 scores

.That means Kc better have the lead at the end of 3 quarters or the odds dramatically switch to us winning.

9ers tried that too, Mahomes got us a 21 point swing in 6 minutes. 

I mean relying on that isn’t exactly good. But it’s been done before

DeAndre Baker is formally put on IR.

In related moves, PS released Tyler Clark and re-signed Marcus Kemp and Jordan Ta'amu.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/1/12/22227819/chiefs-put-deandre-baker-on-ir-re-sign-familiar-face-to-practice-squad-nfl-week-19

Cute article on the odd play names.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30531438/how-kansas-city-chiefs-creatively-name-their-wild-plays

J

Edited by onejayhawk

On 1/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, onejayhawk said:

Consider the way the Browns game started against the Steelers and how that compares to our first playoff game last year. No one will catch us napping.

All that said, this is a Cleveland team that will be a force next season. There is a load of talent. They just need to learn winning.

J

Learn winning...and have a defense that's not historically bad, especially on 3rd and 4th downs. The secondary outside of Ward is garbage, Myles hasn't been right since COVID (he should be fine next year), Greedy and Delpit were penned in as starters at CB and FS and haven't played a snap, and the LB corps is nothing short of lousy at 2 of the 3 spots.