Playoffs - Cleveland at Kansas City

onejayhawk

On 1/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, onejayhawk said:

Consider the way the Browns game started against the Steelers and how that compares to our first playoff game last year. No one will catch us napping.

All that said, this is a Cleveland team that will be a force next season. There is a load of talent. They just need to learn winning.

J

I want Cleveland to compete. 

Compete, learn, and hopefully win.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I want Cleveland to compete. Compete, learn, and hopefully win.

They are already at that point. 

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Learn winning...and have a defense that's not historically bad, especially on 3rd and 4th downs. The secondary outside of Ward is garbage, Myles hasn't been right since COVID (he should be fine next year), Greedy and Delpit were penned in as starters at CB and FS and haven't played a snap, and the LB corps is nothing short of lousy at 2 of the 3 spots.

This defense is not historically bad or even moderately bad. It's just not championship caliber, yet. Get Myles some help and crank of the heat. 

J

33 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

They are already at that point. 

This defense is not historically bad or even moderately bad. It's just not championship caliber, yet. Get Myles some help and crank of the heat. 

J

It’s the worst 3rd and 4th down opponents conversion percentage in over 30 years. That’s historically bad. Not even debatable. It’s a fact.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

It’s the worst 3rd and 4th down opponents conversion percentage in over 30 years. That’s historically bad. Not even debatable. It’s a fact.

If you want historically bad, look at the 2010 Chargers special teams. That team led the league in offense and defense, but missed the playoffs. The Browns might a serious chink in the armor, but that does not make them a bad unit. 

J

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I want Cleveland to compete. 

Compete, learn, and hopefully win.

....candyman, please. 

You haven't waited X amount of years to get to the divisional round to then sit and hope they learn 😂 You hope they stomp a mudhole in us and walk it dry. Just like we do the opposite. 

Edited by BigTrav
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Is Terrance Mitchell still starting for Cleveland? That sounds like a fun reunion.

Yes. He's actually been a solid player for us, he just gets exposed at times since he's been forced to start (and at times been forced to be the #1 CB). But as a backup CB, he's actually been pretty reliable for us since we've signed him.

... I say that and now he'll have the worst game of his career on Sunday. LOL

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BigTrav said:

....candyman, please. 

You haven't waited X amount of years to get to the divisional round to then sit and hope they learn 😂 You hope they stomp a mudhole in us and walk it dry. Just like we do the opposite. 

Indeed. They are already past the just-glad-to-be-here stage. 

J

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Back to the topic ....

Looks like Watkins, Edwards-Helaire, and Gay are seriously nicked up. Didn't participate in training today. Not good. 

The last two aren't really a surprise. Watkins is really disappointing. The only way I can see him coming back next year is on an incredibly cheap deal, like 5mil or less. He just can't stay healthy and we can't afford to pay someone who can't/won't produce.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

The last two aren't really a surprise. Watkins is really disappointing. The only way I can see him coming back next year is on an incredibly cheap deal, like 5mil or less. He just can't stay healthy and we can't afford to pay someone who can't/won't produce.

I'm not sure Watkins will have much for options, though. The market will be light. No one will give him much.

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm not sure Watkins will have much for options, though. The market will be light. No one will give him much.

Compare his stats over the past two years with Hardman and Robinson, then put it in relation to his salary. I know, stats aren't everything.

But I don't see him on the team next year honestly. Keep Robinson on a deal similar to this year (great cap mechanics, not sure it will work again), throw in an enhanced Pringle ... and go from there. If they get one more guy in the draft ... that would be just fine.

Hill, Hardman, Robinson, Pringle plus one .. I would be fine with that.

10 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Compare his stats over the past two years with Hardman and Robinson, then put it in relation to his salary. I know, stats aren't everything.

But I don't see him on the team next year honestly. Keep Robinson on a deal similar to this year (great cap mechanics, not sure it will work again), throw in an enhanced Pringle ... and go from there. If they get one more guy in the draft ... that would be just fine.

Hill, Hardman, Robinson, Pringle plus one .. I would be fine with that.

I don't know if my heart can take another year of Robinson,    as much as I like him.    It sucks because of everything he does without the ball,    but it's like a ticking time bomb anytime he's in the open field with the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I don't know if my heart can take another year of Robinson,    as much as I like him.    It sucks because of everything he does without the ball,    but it's like a ticking time bomb anytime he's in the open field with the ball.

Get some nitroglycerine then  .. for your heart ... not to blow up the place! 
I've got the same feeling about Hardman, especially as a return guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Get some nitroglycerine then  .. for your heart ... not to blow up the place! 
I've got the same feeling about Hardman, especially as a return guy.

Yes,  Hardman is in the same spot with me lol!  I guess I just have slightly higher hopes for him still.