2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

I went to the draft thread and found some talks about FA.. huh? lol

Let's unleash your dream stuff here.

My top FA would be

WR Corey Davis (Finally shows something.)

Edge Trey Hendrickson (Legit developed pass rusher)

RRB Mike Davis (first R stands for rotational.  Very Solid back up RB)

QB CJ Beathard or Trade for Tim Boyle (Jets need someone who has familiar with Shanahan system in case if they hire one as HC)

CB Chidobe Awuzie or Artie Burns (young enough to be a late bloomer player. Whoever is cheaper)

HC - Brian Daboll

OC - Ken Dorsey (Bills QB Coach, was with Cam in his MVP year)

DC - Marvin Lewis

- LG Joe Thuney, never missed a start, has 2 penalties in the last 2 years, and can play every position on the OL. Daboll was on the Patriots staff as the TE coach when Thuney was drafted.

- WR Curtis Samuel, was drafted when Dorsey was still with the Panthers and could be a solid replacement for Perriman. I think the price point will be right for Joe Douglas as well.

- CB Ronald Darby, rebounded beautifully after a down season in 2019. Has the Eagles connection with Joe Douglas.

- EDGE Vinny Curry, been a very productive edge rusher his entire career. He's a lot older but the Jets will need some veteran leadership and he has the Eagles connection.

- RB Gus Edwards, graded out as the 5th best RB this season. Douglas likes Baltimore guys, gives us RB by committee. 

WR: Galloday or Godwin. Someone defenses really have to plan for. Even if we have to trade for one. 

Edge: Yannick Ngakoue, Aldon Smith, Dupree, or any edge/OLB that can hold the starting job while we draft someone on the other side. 

CB: I'm holding out a little hope Marshon Lattimore hold out for a new contract that leads to him getting traded. If not, any vet we can trust to start for the year works for me. Need a vet Hall can learn from as he develops. 

The only thing I have my heart set on is us signing a real threat WR or trading for one. I'm open minded with the other positions or see better options in the draft. 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

WR: Galloday or Godwin. Someone defenses really have to plan for. Even if we have to trade for one. 

Edge: Yannick Ngakoue, Aldon Smith, Dupree, or any edge/OLB that can hold the starting job while we draft someone on the other side. 

CB: I'm holding out a little hope Marshon Lattimore hold out for a new contract that leads to him getting traded. If not, any vet we can trust to start for the year works for me. Need a vet Hall can learn from as he develops. 

The only thing I have my heart set on is us signing a real threat WR or trading for one. I'm open minded with the other positions or see better options in the draft. 

Lattimore and Ramczyk are prime candidates to get traded. Both going into the final year of their deals with the Saints $90m over the salary cap. If we were to trade Sam I'd like to explore those 2 options. Lattimore had a bad season this year, so that seems like a realistic trade.

Yeah news that Lattimore will be traded by every decent reporting news outlet....I’d be all over him like a cheap suit. Lockdown cb’s are hard to come by and he would well be worth say a 3rd and conditional pick. Don’t forget we are picking so high that our offer will most probs beat anyone else unless we are going against the Jags. 

Edited by xenajets

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

Lattimore and Ramczyk are prime candidates to get traded. Both going into the final year of their deals with the Saints $90m over the salary cap. If we were to trade Sam I'd like to explore those 2 options. Lattimore had a bad season this year, so that seems like a realistic trade.

I forgot how bad they are cap wise. I'm definitely interested in taking a shot at him. He's still young and ran a 4.3, so I know physically slowing down isn't the issue. It all depends on the price. I've seen match up well against guys like Julio Jones & Mike Evans when they were at their best. 

Edited by rickyt31

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Lattimore is grabby.  Yellow Flag king.  Trade and then offer new contract?  No thanks.

I don't think Saints will trade Ramczyk away. Saints would rather to take salary penalty than lose him.

Lattimore has another year left on his contract, so you don't have to sign him until 2022.

Ramczyk is the player I'd love to target though. If you play around on OTC you can see how boned the Saints are for next year.

Had to look this up but apparently a violation of the salary cap can include up to $5m fine per violation, termination of the contract that put the team over the cap, and a loss of draft picks. In this instance I'd imagine they'd have the fine plus a loss of draft picks. Seems pretty steep for a team that is likely losing Brees and should want to bottom out for a year or two.

Edited by rdelaney89

21 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Lattimore has another year left on his contract, so you don't have to sign him until 2022.

Ramczyk is the player I'd love to target though. If you play around on OTC you can see how boned the Saints are for next year.

Had to look this up but apparently a violation of the salary cap can include up to $5m fine per violation, termination of the contract that put the team over the cap, and a loss of draft picks. In this instance I'd imagine they'd have the fine plus a loss of draft picks. Seems pretty steep for a team that is likely losing Brees and should want to bottom out for a year or two.

Lattimore's 2021 contract is for injury only (last draft class).  Very good chance that he will want new contract done upon trade. He is down this year so I don't know if any team willingly draws up new contract just to get him. 

Violation of the salary cap is for normal day so I don't know whether or not new amend will modify that to ease salary cap woe that is affected by Covid virus. Still, 90m over 200m is too much to handle since there is a talk about possibility to upper 175 mark to 190 mark this upcoming winter meeting.

I would expect Ramczyk to get new contract from Saints. Maybe Mahomes style contract.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Still, 90m over 200m is too much to handle since there is a talk about possibility to upper 175 mark to 190 mark this upcoming winter meeting.

There is a piece on OTC how the Saints can get just below the cap. It would be painful but doable. I think Philly is in worse shape. 

49 minutes ago, xrade said:

There is a piece on OTC how the Saints can get just below the cap. It would be painful but doable. I think Philly is in worse shape. 

Payton and Loomis love their players so they will do anything to keep them but that will affect their future salary cap.  Brees is a toss up.

Eagles I can see big change is coming.

22 hours ago, Heymangold said:

Give me Robinson and Thuney.  Need a true 1 WR for, what I hope is a rookie Qb in fields or Wilson, or if they decide to keep Darnold.  

Heck yeah, it doesn't matter the QB if these two blue chippers are on the Jets. Then trade down, pick up some more picks this year and next and then draft TE Pitts and CB/ I would definitely like Zaven Collins here.

I think we HAVE TO grab a very good WR in FA this year with the class that will be available. Maybe even 2.

I like Elflein a ton. So I don’t think OG is a huge need if we resign him. But I’d still like one.

A cheap RB. Mack, Williams, Lindsay, etc. One of those type of guys. I’d love a RB at 34.

Edge rusher. And a legit one. Don’t go the cheap route.

Lastly... a CB. Just a talented guy with upside. I don’t think we need a shutdown guy. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we HAVE TO grab a very good WR in FA this year with the class that will be available. Maybe even 2.

I like Elflein a ton. So I don’t think OG is a huge need if we resign him. But I’d still like one.

A cheap RB. Mack, Williams, Lindsay, etc. One of those type of guys. I’d love a RB at 34.

Edge rusher. And a legit one. Don’t go the cheap route.

Lastly... a CB. Just a talented guy with upside. I don’t think we need a shutdown guy. 

Dude Elfein is the worst pass blocking OG in football. OG is a tremendous need. He grades out abysmal ever week minus a flash block here and there. He is not a starting OG not even close.