2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

Hope we make a splash like that first year/second year with Rex. Good players at the right cost. Jimmy Leonard, Bart Scott,  Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, LT etc. 

Don’t want to throw money at the wrong players but my god we need a boost and big time change and personally I hope we are active and aggressive this FA. We have the cash to do it. 

I feel we for sure go hard after an edge and WR this offseason and come away with 1 of each. The talent pool is deep enough at both those spots for us to upgrade. 

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel we for sure go hard after an edge and WR this offseason and come away with 1 of each. The talent pool is deep enough at both those spots for us to upgrade. 

I do not watch CFB religiously so I can’t comment on too many prospects. From the games you have seen, what EDGE’s do you like?  I am a Patrick Jones fan. Good motor, consistent production for a team that is not stacked. But I have only seen one Pitt game so my assessment is lacking. 

45 minutes ago, xrade said:

I do not watch CFB religiously so I can’t comment on too many prospects. From the games you have seen, what EDGE’s do you like?  I am a Patrick Jones fan. Good motor, consistent production for a team that is not stacked. But I have only seen one Pitt game so my assessment is lacking. 

There's none at the top of the draft. No Myles Garrett type guy this year. That 2nd and 3rd round is the best spot for one this draft. But I do think we grab a legit guy in FA. Several guys will hit FA that are 10 sack guys. We have money and Saleh values edge clearly. So we might not be prioritizing it too much in the draft if we spend big on a guy. Zuniga, Huff and Basham (if resigned) aren't bad rotational guys. A guy like Zuniga fits a 4-3 a lot better than 3-4. So he might be worth keeping an eye on to start for us at edge if he develops. 

48 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think they keep Mosley beacuse he can be the heart and sole of this D along with Q. 

I don't mean he has to get out of house but if opportunity makes sense why not.  Finding Cover 2 MLB isn't easy.   Darius Leonard dropped weight to 212 as I was told to play MLB brilliantly for Colts.

Mosley reportedly had holes in coverage as he signed with Jets.  That is something we need to look at deeply.

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I am incredibly excited at the prospect of CJ Mosley in this defense

Yes Mosely should be excited for this hire along with all the defensive players. I think this hire helps big time in resigning guys like Maye, Poole and Hewitt. All guys we need back on this defense and that still fit a 4-3 D. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes Mosely should be excited for this hire along with all the defensive players. I think this hire helps big time in resigning guys like Maye, Poole and Hewitt. All guys we need back on this defense and that still fit a 4-3 D. 

Hewitt?  nah.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

You shouldn't.

I have to ask why so many are down on CJ?

He opted out for his reasons (family reasons). Yes his 1st season he was a disappointment bc he was injured the whole year. But lets not forget the player he was when we signed him and even the player he was in that 1/2 of the only game he was a Jet.

Fans should be excited about getting him back. Yes he's paid a ton, but its not like he's restricting us. We still will have 90mill in cap with him here. He's a crucial piece for Saleh's defense. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have to ask why so many are down on CJ?

He opted out for his reasons (family reasons). Yes his 1st season he was a disappointment bc he was injured the whole year. But lets not forget the player he was when we signed him and even the player he was in that 1/2 of the only game he was a Jet.

Fans should be excited about getting him back. Yes he's paid a ton, but its not like he's restricting us. We still will have 90mill in cap with him here. He's a crucial piece for Saleh's defense. 

Coming out of NCAA, he had high level coverage skill but after playing for Ravens 3-4, his coverage left something to be desired.  Right now, we can expect only two things from him is blitz and run attack.

I don't say he will be misfit but just don't expect a super result from him.   I am sure Saleh finds a way to utilize Mosley to get most out of him if he stays with Jets.  Coverage remains a chief concern for bend but not broken defense.

Unlike Jetsfan51, I don't punish him for sitting out. Just express some concerns and don't develop any false hope for him.  Who knows he loses some weight and practices in dancing or whatever exercise that requires a lot of movements.

Edited by JetsandI