2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

Just now, Jag68Sid87 said:

That does nothing to maximize our assets...if we keep Darnold and draft a QB (unless you mean a Day 3 QB). And even that makes little sense because we have one of those in Morgan already.

We really need to cut ties with Darnold, regardless of what the next move will be.

Definitely not talking about a day 3 QB. First round QB. Sam is pretty much out the door, but if we're keeping him, we have a shot to boost his trade value before his contract end. Now we can gain another good pick instead of settling with what we can only get this season. 

Morgan spent most of his time on the PS. I'm never thinking about him.  lol

2 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Didn't the Raiders release Gabe Jackson on March 3???

What is up with that team, and the misinformation?

To release.   Not actually released.

edit.. lol I saw Chargers blog.     Need more than one source to know for real I guess.

Edited by JetsandI

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Definitely not talking about a day 3 QB. First round QB. Sam is pretty much out the door, but if we're keeping him, we have a shot to boost his trade value before his contract end. Now we can gain another good pick instead of settling with what we can only get this season. 

Morgan spent most of his time on the PS. I'm never thinking about him.  lol

I don't think Darnold's value can be any higher than now...when teams need QBs and nobody is actually watching him play on the field. 

Once he starts playing again, and does what he has always done, his value decreases.

We need to sh%t or get off the pot!

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I don't think Darnold's value can be any higher than now...when teams need QBs and nobody is actually watching him play on the field. 

Once he starts playing again, and does what he has always done, his value decreases.

We need to sh%t or get off the pot!

He doesn't have much of a value right now. No one is really linked to trading for him right now. If he looks better under a new coach, it's going to look like the problem was Gase and he can still be a franchise QB at age 24. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

This guy reliable

I don’t know who he is, but I do think it’s a possibility we stick with Darnold.

we should have a better feel by the end of the month. Zach Wilson’s pro day is March 26th. If Darnold is on the Jets by around April 3rd, my money will be on Darnold staying and us trading back.

Douglas has never been around Wilson. So his pro day will be the first time he gets to feel in person his presence, attitude, leadership and the zip on his ball. 

Edited by SDotNova

I for one like Sam and hope we keep him. We are so fast to dump young talent without giving them a good chance. I was made when we moved Big Cat Williams. You have to collect talent and not give it away. I think the Jets are keepig Sam.

Also what do you mean there is no rumors on Sam getting traded. There are 8 teams rumored to have interst in him. You have rumors from Denver, Houston, Panthers, 49ers, Seattle to name a few. Then you have GM's who say he is worth a late 1st round pick. The GM's and coach's around the league love his talent and I do too. I think it would be stupid to move on from him. Grab Sewell at 2 and move Fant to G. 

25 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Our own beat writers didn't know we were signing Justin freaking Hardee and someone random knows we're keeping Darnold. 

True. If it were coming from a Chicago, Carolina or Denver reporter, it would have more legs. Those teams most definitely have reached out to the Jets about Darnold. Their GMs would have a sense of what the Jets might do. So the leak could come from that angle.

Edited by SDotNova

20 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He doesn't have much of a value right now. No one is really linked to trading for him right now. If he looks better under a new coach, it's going to look like the problem was Gase and he can still be a franchise QB at age 24. 

10 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I for one like Sam and hope we keep him. We are so fast to dump young talent without giving them a good chance. I was made when we moved Big Cat Williams. You have to collect talent and not give it away. I think the Jets are keepig Sam.

Also what do you mean there is no rumors on Sam getting traded. There are 8 teams rumored to have interst in him. You have rumors from Denver, Houston, Panthers, 49ers, Seattle to name a few. Then you have GM's who say he is worth a late 1st round pick. The GM's and coach's around the league love his talent and I do too. I think it would be stupid to move on from him. Grab Sewell at 2 and move Fant to G. 

I am not ready to gamble that Darnold actually has the talent everybody thinks he has.