2021 FA and Trade Talks

Here’s another person who’s speculating we don’t go QB at #2. The 23 to 4 is wild though. But point is, there’s smoke out there.

Edited by SDotNova
3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’m itchin for something...

What, non-tendering Langi and Luvu is not enough for you?

:)

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Here’s another person who’s speculating we don’t go QB at #2.

HUH? We are moving down from 2 to 8, and then up from 23 to 4?

Well, if that happens I would be ecstatic because we might be able to get Sewell and Lance.

I doubt it, but it would be nice.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

What, non-tendering Langi and Luvu is not enough for you?

:)

HUH? We are moving down from 2 to 8, and then up from 23 to 4?

Well, if that happens I would be ecstatic because we might be able to get Sewell and Lance.

I doubt it, but it would be nice.

Yea the 23 to 4 part sounds wild to me. That’s a lot of capital to get up that far. He’s just speculating of course. But people are speculating the Jets not going QB at #2.

Anyone who wants to stick with Sam is ok with mediocrity. personally I am not. Just because he’s not the entire problem does not mean he is a part of the solution. The goal is to build a team that can compete for a championship and nothing he has shown indicates that he can do such. The team has an actual  chance to get real compensation for him before everyone around the league realizes this and should take it and run. It’s not like we’re picking 20th we have a chance to take anyone we want not named Lawrence.

• Like 4

Listened to Bart Scott this morning and he JWill and Zuniga all think the sheets should roll with Darnold.

Scott said it would be a very Newsome type move to keep him and see what happens. And that’s who JD learned from.

His reasoning was that it covers more bases that way. We can trade back and acquire an additional 1st next year. Giving us 3 1sts. Gives us the ammo to trade for darn near any QB we want then. Whether that’s up in the draft to get a guy. Trade for a proven guy like Watson. Etc. Also gives us a year to evaluate more with a better staff and surrounding players. Maybe he performs and now we have 3 1sts to help the team even more next year. He talked about how great GMs don’t quit on guys easily and know it’s a process.

So it will be interesting.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Listened to Bart Scott this morning and he JWill and Zuniga all think the sheets should roll with Darnold.

Scott said it would be a very Newsome type move to keep him and see what happens. And that’s who JD learned from.

His reasoning was that it covers more bases that way. We can trade back and acquire an additional 1st next year. Giving us 3 1sts. Gives us the ammo to trade for darn near any QB we want then. Whether that’s up in the draft to get a guy. Trade for a proven guy like Watson. Etc. Also gives us a year to evaluate more with a better staff and surrounding players. Maybe he performs and now we have 3 1sts to help the team even more next year. He talked about how great GMs don’t quit on guys easily and know it’s a process.

My worry is next years class is not very good. I know that’s easy to say now but the scouts are hesitant on next year. Apparently qb4 this year (Lance/Mac) would be the #1 guy next year. 

Wouldn’t want us needing a qb next year and pick from a position of desperation when we had Wilson and Fields in our lap. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

It's a good argument and I would understand.  Sounds like they aren't getting good value for him anyway.  Now the question is do we trade down a few picks or trade down a bunch? Carolina wants their QB, we could get 1st, 2nd, 1st plus maybe a roster player.  At 8 it would look like either Pitts or Surtain.  Not sexy but Pitts is easily one of the most talented guys in the draft.  If Darnold cannot succeed with Pitts, Davis, Mims, Crowder then that's a problem.  But at least our QB in 2022 would have weapons.