2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Feels like we are in slim pickings territory. I expected more players to be cut. Weren’t the Saints suppose to be under the cap by 4PM?

I thought I rad somewhere, just a blurb really, that all teams were under the cap. If you are looking at OTC, they typically don’t change anything until they have all the details. That is why they are not indicating Lawson to us. They probably don’t know all the details. 

I have been thinking about the Sam situation. JD did state he would not make a decision until he evaluated the top QB prospects at there pro days. So far, JD seems to be a man of his word. He says nothing but when he does he follows through. No BS GM speak. 

Man I cant even go on Jets twitter. The vast majority of this fan based are composed of mindless, insufferable, miserably fans that complain no matter what we do. Like be a little realistic. We are a tough sell and aren't in the market to overpay as that's not the way we are looking to build. Last offseason was a bunch of band aids to get through the year and see what we had. This year hes going to add pieces to keep building a foundation, but fans just think it means were going to go from worst to first because we have cap room. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

Man I cant even go on Jets twitter. The vast majority of this fan based are composed of mindless, insufferable, miserably fans that complain no matter what we do. Like be a little realistic. We are a tough sell and aren't in the market to overpay as that's not the way we are looking to build. Last offseason was a bunch of band aids to get through the year and see what we had. This year hes going to add pieces to keep building a foundation, but fans just think it means were going to go from worst to first because we have cap room. 

I've learned to just laugh at them all. It's actually quite entertaining. Grab a Guinness and type #jets in twitter and see everyone calling Douglas a fat idiot.

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Every time someone signs somewhere they say Joe is sleeping. Like is he supposed to just force guys to sign here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

24 years old, emerging, arguably under-uutilized and somehow over-rated

I guess I'm not looking at the same circles as you because all I've heard is people gushing about him for months.

He had a high catch rate on a fair amount of targets last year and made some people miss in the open field, but I question his ability as a focal point of an offense. I think he's a good player but I don't think he's a bidding superstar.

Edited by Sandwhich2

4 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I guess I'm not looking at the same circles as you because all I've heard is people gushing about him for months.

He had a high catch rate on a fair amount of targets last year and made some people miss in the open field, but I question his ability as a focal point of an offense. I think he's a good player but I don't think he's a bidding superstar.

I think,too, he would primarily play slot, correct?  If so, does LaFleur utilize the slot receiver much?  We all know gase did, but will LaFleur.  I realize we can’t have too many good options at WR, but perhaps paying over $10M is not for this offense. I assume Crowder will finish out his contract, then we can replace him. Hell, maybe Berrios is the heir apparent. Who knows. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Every time someone signs somewhere they say Joe is sleeping. Like is he supposed to just force guys to sign here. 

I literally said to one idiot who says joe is sleep and we have all this money he doesnt know hes doing..."Sell me on signing with the Jets without ridiculously overpaying". Its an incredibly hard sale. Overpaying simply puts us back in a hole that took him two years to get out of. The roster is bare...hes is building a foundation of youth slowly. He is collecting draft assets and is sticking to his plan. I am fine with his work.

36 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

The Facebook NY Jets group is by far the worst thing on the internet. By far.

2 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

The Facebook NY Jets group is by far the worst thing on the internet. By far.

I belong to GGN as well. I rarely comment there. At least half the members are insufferable.  They do have some very knowledgeable posters. Not as much as here which is why I like it. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I belong to GGN as well. I rarely comment there. At least half the members are insufferable.  They do have some very knowledgeable posters. Not as much as here which is why I like it. 

I read some of their material. Couple good writers. The comment section is just a laugh riot.