2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

48 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I can't wait to sign our lord and savior Kyle Juszcyzk

Yeah, was just wondering if they’ll look into bringing in guys from SF to help install their systems. Guys like Beathard, Brieda, Juszcyk, Solomon Thomas, Witherspoon. Guys that won’t break the bank but the coaching staff is familiar with and know the culture coming into the building. 

22 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I know people can't help with it but bringing players from 49ers is a terrible idea.

How is it a terrible idea to bring relatively cheap players into position rooms/meetings to help speed up the learning process?  Plus coming from an organization that just went to the Super Bowl. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

How is it a terrible idea to bring relatively cheap players into position rooms/meetings to help speed up the learning process?  Plus coming from an organization that just went to the Super Bowl. 

Those are mostly scraps and never really work out. The only thing that will speed up the learning process is them actually playing games and watching film.

I'd rather Bless Austin get reps over Richard Sherman, give Huff and Zuniga reps over Solomon Thomas. 

On top of that Saleh has always done what he's done with the things given to him, I'm sure he has ideas for players he wants so Joe will do his best to give him those guys and he'll develop his scheme based around that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

If we bring them in it most likely means they play at the expense of our youth. Sherman is no longer a good CB on the field. If bringing him in is just to get our players up to speed, hire him as a coach. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bianconero said:

My inkling is that Juszczyk, Sherman, and Witherspoon are the most likely to follow Saleh/LeFleur

Juice trains at a facility I used to rent out of.  EDIT- so he's already in NY

I could see Tartt coming, we need another Safety. But definitely going to see a bunch of SF boys coming.

Edited by jetsfan4life51

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Those are mostly scraps and never really work out. The only thing that will speed up the learning process is them actually playing games and watching film.

I'd rather Bless Austin get reps over Richard Sherman, give Huff and Zuniga reps over Solomon Thomas. 

On top of that Saleh has always done what he's done with the things given to him, I'm sure he has ideas for players he wants so Joe will do his best to give him those guys and he'll develop his scheme based around that. 

This.

Edited by jetjuice

If it helps, bring in as many SF guys as possible. The important thing is to start being a competitive team again and win more games. If bringing in a veteran from SF stifles the development of a guy we already had at that position, so be it. We're a 2-14 team. We can't assume the young guys we have will all pan out beautifully. Competition is good. It breeds winning. 

If Richard Sherman is better than Bless Austin, bring him in. 

15 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

If it helps, bring in as many SF guys as possible. The important thing is to start being a competitive team again and win more games. If bringing in a veteran from SF stifles the development of a guy we already had at that position, so be it. We're a 2-14 team. We can't assume the young guys we have will all pan out beautifully. Competition is good. It breeds winning. 

If Richard Sherman is better than Bless Austin, bring him in. 

I do not believe bringing in players from SF just to be mentors adds as much value as adding better FA at the positions. Let the coaches coach and the players play. I can understand the idea because we did it once before and it worked well with Bart Scott and Leonhard. If the SF are good starters do it.

Sherman is just a less stinky Austin. Why bother. Either get a better FA or draft a quality CB (preferred). I don’t want less stinky, I want quality. 

I think Watson is going to be moved. He really wants out bad and Foster and Andre Johnson want him moved too. I think this is becoming a Jamal Adams situation. I would offer the Texans the #2 pick over all this year Sam Darnold and Seattle 1st round pick next year for Watson. I think this will get it done. 

Nothing too surprising but thought I’d share this article as we get excited about what could happen in the off-season.

RB: Nothing too surprising but it’s interesting that they focus on guys with 40 times in the 4.4 or lower. Ty Johnson fits the bill. RBs with sub 4.4 speed are rare. I don’t think any of this years RB’s are expected to hit the mark. But we’ll see come combine.

- Free Agents that fit the bill: Matt Breida, Jerick McKinnon, and Tyler Ervin. Kenyan Drake and Kalen Ballage have 4.45 speed.

OL targets are pretty much the same type of guys we would target under Gase. So got to imagine we just keep moving on getting similar high athletic guys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/01/31/kyle-shanahan-offense-san-francisco-49ers-super-bowl-liv