2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

About DB assignments: The classic Seattle Cover 3 was praised for it's simplicity and it really is simple. You split the field into thirds- CB-FS-CB and everyone else plays underneath coverages. Thiseanr that often the SS would be near the line or playing a more shallow zone. 

Saleh basically just ran that defense his first two season, but then started to mix it up. He'd show Cover 3 looks but after the snap it would two high safeties a lot of the time.

7 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

About DB assignments: The classic Seattle Cover 3 was praised for it's simplicity and it really is simple. You split the field into thirds- CB-FS-CB and everyone else plays underneath coverages. Thiseanr that often the SS would be near the line or playing a more shallow zone. 

Saleh basically just ran that defense his first two season, but then started to mix it up. He'd show Cover 3 looks but after the snap it would two high safeties a lot of the time.

Did he change what he asks corners to do? In Seattle’s cover 3, they’re asked to press. I think Hall, Austin and Jackson fit that style well. But do you think Saleh will be looking for similar style corners?

Just now, SDotNova said:

Did he change what he asks corners to do? In Seattle’s cover 3, they’re asked to press. I think Hall, Austin and Jackson fit that style well. But do you think Saleh will be looking for similar style corners?

I don't know how often he played press coverage. I'll do some research. The little bit I remember of 49ers games I don't remember Sherman pressing much though.

The good thing about these zone coverages is that it doesn't require the CBs to follow receivers across the field so you don't often need the top end speed like you would in man coverage. Gotta play smart, physical, and quick still.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/sports/robert-salehs-defensive-creativity-paying-dividends-for-49ers/

Decent enough article explaining everything I just said a little better. There was another I read months ago but I can't find it.

When Saleh was hired I went on a little watching spree for a couple weeks watching 49ers games and reading articles to understand what I was seeing.

So on O we've added Davis & Cole to the WR room

There really isn't much left to play with in FA, so we should expect the draft to be predominately offense early

Still have room to improve the DBs in FA and I think filling out our LB corps in the mid-rounds will suffice

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Deshaun will not be playing for Houston regardless if he’s not traded. It’s a train wreck over there. If we trade for him can my boy Stefano hook him up with a masseuse? 

Lmaoooo he'll have to wait after I'm done with mine  

UnpleasantWhichBackswimmer-max-1mb.gif