2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am the one that questions this kid head but even I think that offer is bad. How about #2 (Fields/Wilson) plus next years Seattle FRP plus 2022 3rd. That is a decent opening offer and one I would be good with. I hope you are correct that leaving Houston and coming here will make him happy.

That would be the guarantee of the deal. We get a try franchise QB, they get the next best thing and then we add whatever else we need. No team can guarantee them a new QB except us, Dolphins could give them Tua but I doubt they give them Tua and 3. If they take 3 then they’re still not guaranteed their guy unless.

No team can be any offer we make, we have to do this deal if it’s reasonable. 

36 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

1st, Seattle 1st, future 2nd, trade Sam to Washington and they send their higher 3rd round pick to Houston.  Houston gets a QB, another 1st and then has multiple 3rds plus a future pick.

Jets- Watson

Texans- NYJ 1st, SEA 1st, NYJ 2022 2nd, WAS 3rd

WFT- Darnold

If I'm reading that correctly

Edited by KingOfNewYork

15 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Maybe a single really good player since we'd have significantly less money 

Not sure who posted it but I don’t think his cap would be much higher than Sam this year due to Houston paying most of his salary being traded....could easily fit in a top tier guard and another receiver. 

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes something like that.  Heck it could even be a NO 2nd if they like Darnold. 

If we are doing three 1sts then I like it spread out over 3 years.

Makes more sense in a way to not mortgage our immediate future and having Seattle's picks helps a ton. If we did 2021-2023 straight up and we are actually winning 9/10/11/12 games then the firsts aren't killing us and then having Seattle's picks basically offset it. 

In a way it'll be like Adams+ for Watson and we would all do that.

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Not sure who posted it but I don’t think his cap would be much higher than Sam this year due to Houston paying most of his salary being traded....could easily fit in a top tier guard and another receiver. 

11M this season for us then mid 30's going forward but we can move around eventually. 

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we are doing three 1sts then I like it spread out over 3 years.

I would draw the line at 3 FRP. We are still rebuilding and need those picks. I could do 2 with the rationale that one would be used on a QB draft pick anyway. That makes Watson a FRP, SRP and some throw-in  better than a draft pick which he is. I hope that makes sense.