2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

11M this season for us then mid 30's going forward but we can move around eventually. 

Yeah 11m is **** all. Obviously when it gets in the 30’s we need to plan more effectively but all the top teams have expensive qbs and still have quality rosters. 
Think about it another way...we’ve led the league in the last few years in losses and ******* cap space!! I’d rather get the Johnson's spending their money on the team!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xrade said:

I just can’t see Miami bailing on Tua so soon. He was a #5 pick in 2020. Teams typically don’t cut bait that quick. And please do not mention Az and Rosen. Completely different situation. 

Agreed and Tua was decent this year. However they'd be smart to make us up our offer if anything. 

10 minutes ago, xrade said:

I just can’t see Miami bailing on Tua so soon. He was a #5 pick in 2020. Teams typically don’t cut bait that quick. And please do not mention Az and Rosen. Completely different situation. 

Yeah I think they give him more time (as they should really) not really sure who would be competition in a trade as other than Jax (who will take Lawrence anyway) Houston can have their pick of qbs at #2. 

Edited by xenajets

17 minutes ago, xrade said:

Tua was straight trash this year, if you can upgrade to a top 5 qb who is not that much older than Tua you do it without hesitation 

I'm not going to assume Miami wouldn't trade Tua in a package to get Watson. They benched him at one point and jerked around between him and Fitz. This could definitely turn into a bidding war, but we will have a good chance to get him. Our #2 pick puts the Texans in position to draft Watson's replacement sooner. We have the picks this year and next year that can play a part. I'm sure their new GM would love to have an additional first round pick next year. 

I can’t believe Houston put themselves in this situation. I equally can’t believe the Jets might be in the mix. But if true, getting g Watson would be amazing.

The number 2 pick is a lot more valuable to Houston then the 3rd pick if they prefer one of the QBs in the draft. There’s no guarantee that guy would be there at 3. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 2

- Watson geotags a location in Edgewater NJ (40 mins from Florham Park

- Comments on a picture of him whereing a Montana jersey

- Rumors he wanted the Texans to interview Robert Saleh

- Jets have the cap and the picks to get it done with more than enough left over to build around him.

- Daniel Jeremiah floating trade rumors for his good buddy Joe Douglas

- Biggest threat, Miami with Tua. Going to come down to Fields/Wilson/Sam vs Tua. 

- If racism is an issue in Houston then Tua and Fields may not be options, Wilson is a perfect fit for the Jets so good chances he doesn't make it to #3.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

Tua was straight trash this year, if you can upgrade to a top 5 qb who is not that much older than Tua you do it without hesitation 

Tua played like 6 games as a rookie with Parker as the only known WR. One could argue their WR corp was worse than ours. Their lead RB (Gaskin) was out most of the second half. Tough spot for a rookie QB.

I am sure Miami will not cut bait. GM’s are loath to admit mistakes so quickly if it really was a mistake. Miami will not dump Tua so quickly especially since is cheap for the next 4 years. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

However they'd be smart to make us up our offer if anything

I can’t see Miami doing that. This isn’t baseball. There is always the chance of it backfiring. Imagine Miami countering our offer or even making an initial offer and JD or any other team calling their bluff. What then?  Maybe in FA when the stakes are much lower it happens but not in a situation like this. That is something only BB would try to pull off. 

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

I can’t see Miami doing that. This isn’t baseball. There is always the chance of it backfiring. Imagine Miami countering our offer or even making an initial offer and JD or any other team calling their bluff. What then?  Maybe in FA when the stakes are much lower it happens but not in a situation like this. That is something only BB would try to pull off. 

All Miami has to do is leak interest, the Texans could even do it without the Dolphins caring as long it forces us to give up more than we need to.