2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

17 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

All Miami has to do is leak interest, the Texans could even do it without the Dolphins caring as long it forces us to give up more than we need to. 

Well in that case if I am JD I would ignore Miami’s feigned interest. JD is probably thinking they won’t give up on Tua and give up valuable assets.  JD may even elicit a chuckle at such game play.

Quite honestly, the only team I would worry about making any serious inquiry is Jax.  They have the #1 pick and the cap space to afford Watson’s contract. 

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

Well in that case if I am JD I would ignore Miami’s feigned interest. JD is probably thinking they won’t give up on Tua and give up valuable assets.  JD may even elicit a chuckle at such game play.

Quite honestly, the only team I would worry about making any serious inquiry is Jax.  They have the #1 pick and the cap space to afford Watson’s contract. 

I'm sure Houston would ask but at the same time being within the same division, no way they make a deal of that magnitude. 

Was looking at the NO cap situation Kwon Alexander be a cap casualty ($ 13m in cap savings if cut) or a trade target for us. Kwon played under Saleh and with the move to a 4-3 base he’d come in as a quality starter with a knowledge of Saleh’s system.
I could see Cashman playing one of the OLB backer roles but outside of him that other OLB spot becomes a hole on this defense. 

Draft a DE, CB, and retain Maye and the defense is looking good. 

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

Was looking at the NO cap situation Kwon Alexander be a cap casualty ($ 13m in cap savings if cut) or a trade target for us. Kwon played under Saleh and with the move to a 4-3 base he’d come in as a quality starter with a knowledge of Saleh’s system.
I could see Cashman playing one of the OLB backer roles but outside of him that other OLB spot becomes a hole on this defense. 

Draft a DE, CB, and retain Maye and the defense is looking good. 

He suffered an torn Achilles. No need to go after Alexander. If healthy he would have been good but not now. 

I think Curtis Samuel might be the guy at WR, could play a role similar to Deebo for us granted we’d probably have to move on from Crowder but I’d be fine with that if it meant getting Samuel. Add Him, Kendrick Bourne, and a 2-4th round rookie and I think we’d have a solid well rounder WR core for whoever starts at QB next year

54 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He suffered an torn Achilles. No need to go after Alexander. If healthy he would have been good but not now. 

He’s not dead.. NO cuts him (+$90m over the cap) and we could sign a vet with scheme familiarity for pennies. 

Just now, Sapo28 said:

He’s not dead.. NO cuts him (+$90m over the cap) and we could sign a vet with scheme familiarity for pennies. 

He's not dead, but he might as well be in terms of football lol.

Dude tore his ACL in 2018, tore his pectoral muscle in 2019 and then suffered an achilles injury this year. That's only the last three years. Had injuries before that as well. Trust me, better to look elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Las Vegas has the fav to win it with a 2 to 1 for Watson. I still feel he is being moved. This got way out of control. Heck even the Jets took Sam's input on the HC. Watson probably knows this and he wanted Saleh as a top choice for the Texans job. Saleh did not even get an interview. 

I think trade the #2 pick overall, Sam Darnold, and seahawks 1st round in 2022. If they want a little more like a 3rd this year or next. That would be about my limit. 

When thinking of trade ideas for Watson... I cant help but think of that we really need to realize how valuable the 2nd pick in the draft is. When trading for a player of that caliber it normally involve multiple 1st rounders. But I'd guess that more than 75% of that time the team getting the picks doesn't know the exact pick when making the trade unless its a swap of 1st rounders and things like that. The draft trade chart is normally pretty on par or close to it on what teams get for trades for picks. Our 2nd pick is valued at 2600 points. So what does that mean. I'd like to think that in general when a team is trading for future 1sts they are assuming that pick will be middle of the pack. That's just safe to assume. So for example the 16th pick in the draft this year is worth 1000 points. Making our 2nd pick a point value of 1600 more than an average pick in Round 1. Why is that important? Bc it in essence Puts our 2nd pick at the value of 2 1st rounders at around the 9-10 pick. Our 2nd pick alone is the value of 2 top 10 1st rounders. So for those thinking we need to trade 3 1sts for Watson. Our 2nd pick is worth 2 top 10 1st rounders. So a trade of the 2nd pick and a 1st next year is the value of 3 1st rounders. Which is about what it would cost to get him.

We shouldn't be offering anything more than the 2nd pick in this years draft and either our or SEA 1st next year... at max.

That would give us Watson and still able to hold 1st rounders in these next 2 drafts.

• Like 1