2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

7 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

This pretty much leaves Brian Poole as the only slot guy available in FA. JD needs to just sign him.

Poole is good at man coverage.  Also, he had shoulder surgery so he may not ready for physical exam or whatever. 

He won't get good contract elsewhere anyway.

I'm quite surprised that none of the guys who were with Saleh have signed with us, but then again they cannot sign if Douglas does not make an offer. So, I would love to know whether he made offers to guys like K. Williams, Tartt, Hyder and Witherspoon. Or if he is planning to make Sherman an offer.

No, we did not need to bring in all of those guys and become San Francisco East, necessarily, but doesn't the GM believe having SOME winning players who know the head coach and can provide guidance and leadership is important???

This is starting to take on the feeling of an immensely LONG rebuild. I don't think it needed to be this, but if you don't spend money and you still have massive holes everywhere heading into the draft...

For the record, I don't think Douglas is doing Saleh any favors here. Rookie head coach in a market that only knows losing, and he has not done much to help him out. 

I think a lot assumed the players our coaching staff had with the 49ers are who they exactly wanted or want to recreate, but it's also possible they were just working with who they were given. 

I would have loved to sign some of the guys from that team, but it's not a big deal. Within the first 4 rounds alone, we could possibly land starters at CB, OG, RB, QB, LB, and TE. There are some names I wish we could have added, but the talent is there in this year's draft class. 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think a lot assumed the players our coaching staff had with the 49ers are who they exactly wanted or want to recreate, but it's also possible they were just working with who they were given. 

I would have loved to sign some of the guys from that team, but it's not a big deal. Within the first 4 rounds alone, we could possibly land starters at CB, OG, RB, QB, LB, and TE. There are some names I wish we could have added, but the talent is there in this year's draft class. 

This draft is deep in CBs and OL.  Hopefully we take 2 each of those early.  Later picks can be BPA for positions of need.

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Vinny Curry is visiting us

From the vet pass rushes out there I think  any of Clowney, Dunlap,Smith, Ingram, Houston and Griffin would be fine. Can’t have enough pass rushers. Anyone know what Curry is like nowadays!?

Edited by xenajets