2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

If we take any QB and he busts JD is done. He didn’t have any problems last year so I’ll take that as a good sign.

The thing is he will have like three years to see if he is a true bust or not. Close to the end of his contract. What if we keep Sam and he is who he has been for three years?  

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

If we wanna draft a rookie and ease him in that’s fine with me, but we both know that’s not happening with the second pick.

How does anyone know that?  JD is not impetuous. He seems to be cautious and calculating. I am certain that will extend to the coaching staff. There is 0 reason to rush a QB into the game before he is ready. They are not on the hot seat and I am also certain Woody will be patient with JD’s plan thus no mandate other than to improve steadily. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

How does anyone know that?  JD is not impetuous. He seems to be cautious and calculating. I am certain that will extend to the coaching staff. There is 0 reason to rush a QB into the game before he is ready. They are not on the hot seat and I am also certain Woody will be patient with JD’s plan thus no mandate other than to improve steadily. 

I understand the level of pessimism because we’ve been burned recently but to use that as a reason to not get a better player in here is ridiculous. 

The logic behind not drafting a QB is ridiculous and if he’s ready to play then play him. Just because Sam has failed thus far doesn’t mean the next kid will. 

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

I’d hope so but generally in the NY market the pressure mounts fast. Jets don’t get the benefit of the doubt of making the correct decisions anymore 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Not drafting a QB in the first is still a crazy idea to me. I like Fields, Lance, and Wilson. So I'm cool with any of them. I'm still a Lance fan, but these Qbs are talented and could mesh well with the talent we're adding around the position

I just feel Fields is the safe pick, he held up well in the Alabama, game and made so nice throws plus he should that he is a good runner. Most of those teams Wilson played were no more than junior colleges. That is all i know about Wilson so there is no way I can judge him. I have not bought into this Wilson HYPE yet. We made one big mistake in drafting a QB sure don't want to make another mistake. So somebody tell me what he did that he deserve to be the second pick in the draft. And please don't tell me about the ridiculous schedule he played. Wilson might be a great athlete but we most know more. I am going to wait till after the combines to know more, that is the only fair thing to to.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I just feel Fields is the safe pick, he held up well in the Alabama, game and made so nice throws plus he should that he is a good runner. Most of those teams Wilson played were no more than junior colleges. That is all i know about Wilson so there is no way I can judge him. I have not bought into this Wilson HYPE yet. We made one big mistake in drafting a QB sure don't want to make another mistake. So somebody tell me what he did that he deserve to be the second pick in the draft. And please don't tell me about the ridiculous schedule he played. Wilson might be a great athlete but we most know more. I am going to wait till after the combines to know more, that is the only fair thing to to.

Go watch some film and you’ll notice the attributes;

Arm talent

Fast release

Works his progressions

Moves the pocket

Can throw off his base

Can throw on the run

Good mobility

Accurate

Tough

Theres so much to like but y’all know that and instead focus on his schedule meanwhile I remember some of you like Trey Lance who played against 1-AA competition.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Go watch some film and you’ll notice the attributes;

Arm talent

Fast release

Works his progressions

Moves the pocket

Can throw off his base

Can throw on the run

Good mobility

Accurate

Tough

Theres so much to like but y’all know that and instead focus on his schedule meanwhile I remember some of you like Trey Lance who played against 1-AA competition.

Nobody is question his athletic ability how is he going to standup to the play in the NFL. Has anybody ever seen him play a real strong college team? Most us have never seen him  play. What else is there to focus on than is very week schedule.

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Nobody is question his athletic ability how is he going to standup to the play in the NFL. Has anybody ever seen him play a real strong college team? Most us have never seen him  play. What else is there to focus on than is very week schedule.

All qbs will face the same dilemma at next level.   Many qbs from major schools failed anyway.

17 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The top prospects in the country are almost always on loaded teams with competitive advantages. Like I said the only QB we should draft is Mac Jones by the standards guys are setting. 

23 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You can find every Zach Wilson throw on the internets