2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I understand the level of pessimism because we’ve been burned recently but to use that as a reason to not get a better player in here is ridiculous. 

The logic behind not drafting a QB is ridiculous and if he’s ready to play then play him. Just because Sam has failed thus far doesn’t mean the next kid will. 

I was responding to the idea that a rookie QB, whom I think we draft at two, will come in and start right away. I believe any rookie, even Lawrence if by some miracle he fell to us, would sit for a bit. Maybe until the bye week.

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

I was responding to the idea that a rookie QB, whom I think we draft at two, will come in and start right away. I believe any rookie, even Lawrence if by some miracle he fell to us, would sit for a bit. Maybe until the bye week.

Maybe, it depends on who the back up is and how well the QB has done in the pre-season. 

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Honestly seeing how our FO has been so tight lipped this kinda makes me think they might go with Lance or Fields

I dont see how thats what you gathered from it, its just speculation around the league. No one knows anything for sure. The Jets are picking #2 so locking themselves into a non-Lawrence guy doesn't hurt them at all. 

11 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Honestly seeing how our FO has been so tight lipped this kinda makes me think they might go with Lance or Fields

We really wouldn’t need to BS anyone though because there’s zero chance if we wanted Lance or Fields we could risk trading down. If your happy with a qb in the top 10 you can’t get cute trying to trade down and still get them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I just feel Fields is the safe pick, he held up well in the Alabama, game and made so nice throws plus he should that he is a good runner. Most of those teams Wilson played were no more than junior colleges. That is all i know about Wilson so there is no way I can judge him. I have not bought into this Wilson HYPE yet. We made one big mistake in drafting a QB sure don't want to make another mistake. So somebody tell me what he did that he deserve to be the second pick in the draft. And please don't tell me about the ridiculous schedule he played. Wilson might be a great athlete but we most know more. I am going to wait till after the combines to know more, that is the only fair thing to to.

I'm really not worried about the competition QBs play anymore because we've had guys like Wentz, Flacco, Allen, and others come into the league ready from schools people forget even exist. BYU isn't exactly a strong program either. When I'm looking for a QB, I look for quick release, ability to move in the pocket, scramble while keeping their eyes down field, toughness (took shots and still didn't crumble), and of course the accuracy. I see all of these things from those three. It just comes down to who checks the boxes mentally. I only have Lawrence above them because his accuracy. These three do everything else better than him. 

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

That’s not the logic to not draft him. That’s just the cherry on top 

the logic is to build the team first then add the QB into a better situation 

Logic is being in position to draft an elite talent at QB and not passing on the opportunity.

28 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Exactly, they're making it seem like waiting one year to bring a guy in will change anything. 

We already improved the defense and pass catchers.  If we grab a plug a play guard and maybe another one from somewhere the team around the rookie won't be so bad.  At least not bad enough that he'd be ruined like Sam.

Now you go into 2022 and the QB has a year under his belt, the guys should be comfortable with the system, and we have 2 firsts to improve the roster even more and dare I say it make a playoff run.

Makes zero sense to stay with Sam.  None what so ever.  Hes so mediocre it's like people are afraid to aim to be great and would rather be safe.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

Just now, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Let’s copycat the Chiefs, sign Alex Smith, draft Wilson and let Smith start the season. If we’re competitive (fighting for playoff birth) ride it out. More than likely, we’re treading water or worse, and we put  Wilson in the last few weeks. 

That could work.   Still I dont know if Smith actually can play football.  Physical activity has taxed his healed ankle.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Let’s copycat the Chiefs, sign Alex Smith, draft Wilson and let Smith start the season. If we’re competitive (fighting for playoff birth) ride it out. More than likely, we’re treading water or worse, and we put  Wilson in the last few weeks. 

Alex Smith might be fed up with that lol but I would do it even though he has a noodle arm, he's a tough SOB. 

• Like 1