2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

When thinking of trade ideas for Watson... I cant help but think of that we really need to realize how valuable the 2nd pick in the draft is. When trading for a player of that caliber it normally involve multiple 1st rounders. But I'd guess that more than 75% of that time the team getting the picks doesn't know the exact pick when making the trade unless its a swap of 1st rounders and things like that. The draft trade chart is normally pretty on par or close to it on what teams get for trades for picks. Our 2nd pick is valued at 2600 points. So what does that mean. I'd like to think that in general when a team is trading for future 1sts they are assuming that pick will be middle of the pack. That's just safe to assume. So for example the 16th pick in the draft this year is worth 1000 points. Making our 2nd pick a point value of 1600 more than an average pick in Round 1. Why is that important? Bc it in essence Puts our 2nd pick at the value of 2 1st rounders at around the 9-10 pick. Our 2nd pick alone is the value of 2 top 10 1st rounders. So for those thinking we need to trade 3 1sts for Watson. Our 2nd pick is worth 2 top 10 1st rounders. So a trade of the 2nd pick and a 1st next year is the value of 3 1st rounders. Which is about what it would cost to get him.

We shouldn't be offering anything more than the 2nd pick in this years draft and either our or SEA 1st next year... at max.

That would give us Watson and still able to hold 1st rounders in these next 2 drafts.

Bro I said this last week when we had the other fan in here debating on compensation. 

People online (different sites) have out together trade packages and all of them are putting us in competition with the likes of SF, Denver, Washington. Almost dismissing that our #2 pick and making it similar to their first round picks. 

I truly believe a fair trade for both teams is #2, #34 and our first and fourth next year. Houston can go get their franchise qb or trade back down for a bounty of picks. They could turn the original offer to a ridiculous draft haul if they did trade down from #2. 

Would love us to trade for Deshaun but at the same time if we traded our four 1st round picks over the next 2 years and mid rounders to get him I would be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Bro I said this last week when we had the other fan in here debating on compensation. 

People online (different sites) have out together trade packages and all of them are putting us in competition with the likes of SF, Denver, Washington. Almost dismissing that our #2 pick and making it similar to their first round picks. 

I truly believe a fair trade for both teams is #2, #34 and our first and fourth next year. Houston can go get their franchise qb or trade back down for a bounty of picks. They could turn the original offer to a ridiculous draft haul if they did trade down from #2. 

Would love us to trade for Deshaun but at the same time if we traded our four 1st round picks over the next 2 years and mid rounders to get him I would be disappointed. 

No player is worth 4 first round picks. That is just setting the franchise back huge. I don't care who it is. 

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We had 4 picks in 2000(Abraham, Ellis, Pennington and Becht) I would have traded all 4 of them for Manning or Favre

Looking back on it yes now but during that time you could not make that trade becasue the value is just not there. You are also talking about just taking a hit in one year where this trdae would last years with no 1st round pick. You just can't go for years with no first round pick. 

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Looking back on it yes now but during that time you could not make that trade becasue the value is just not there. You are also talking about just taking a hit in one year where this trdae would last years with no 1st round pick. You just can't go for years with no first round pick. 

Manning and Favre back then?