2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

First I had my heart set on TLaw. Now the Watson rumors. I can’t take it. Are we just setting ourselves up to be played as usual? 

More than likely but it’s fun while the ride lasts......usually ends up crashing and coming off the tracks but hey we are Jet fans so that’s nothing new! 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Our owners are not great, but they're not nearly as bad as the Texans. 

We as fans do not like what they have done regarding FO and coaches in years prior. I believe they realized their mistakes and are correcting them. They hired JD and allowed JD to hire the HC. They are open to changing the reporting structure.  They do not meddle.  They will spend if the GM thinks it is necessary.  I just read somewhere that the Jets are the 14th in net worth in all of sports. They are not hurting for cash  

From a players perspective, they are good owners. They care about social issues and their players. Didn’t Chris stand on the field hand in hand with them? Didn’t he tell them to call him for whatever reason to talk?  We dislike them because they can be too loyal. As a HC you are pretty much guaranteed NOT to be fired during the season. Lance and NYC Architect are probably not Jet fans and only hear the negative from other fans. In other words, they are commenting from a place of ignorance.  I was hard on them over the whole gase thing. They did not make the same mistake and are learning. I am willing to support them for now.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Imagine after everything we've been through, winning that Rams game was actually beneficial!

Between this and the New York Rangers being linked to Pierre Luc Dubois, I can't take it.

Exactly why I wasn't mad when we won. A fighting team is more appealing to a coach and other players. They want a check, but they also want a chance to win or be on a team heading in the right direction. 

I could get down with a Watson to Robinson. It would be the son connection. I know that was pretty bad one. 

I would love for this to happen but the Jet fan in me is saying be careful beacsue it always blows up in your face. Then on the other hand we have to catch lighting in a bottle once every 20 years right?

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Between this and the New York Rangers being linked to Pierre Luc Dubois, I can't take it.

And if they don't get Dubois, still knowing they have the ammo for either Barkov or Eichel when the Sabres suck again and he requests a trade. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, famousj said:

How about Jets trade Sam Darnold and #86 for 49ers #43 and get back Jets 7th rounder?

SF is one of the top destinations for Darnold I would have to think. I also could see us shipping him to back home LAR. They may want to bring in competition for Goff but he's not tradable with his current contract. Darnold is on his rookie deal with a $920,000 base salary this year, good chance he plays home games back in his home state of California next year. That might just be what his career needs.

Edited by jetjuice