2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

I think Watson being moved is a 50/50 chance. I just don't think we have all the info. as usual. If he is moved I think the Jets are right at the top and I give it 90% chance he is moved to the Jets. So baically if Watson is moved it would be with the Jets. I'm not buying the Miami thing at all. I just don't see Miami moving on from Tua after 1 year of picking him #5 overall. This would be a big black eye on both the coach and GM. I think Houston is throwing this out to have at least 1 team compete against the Jets and get full value for him. I don't think it will happen because JD is to smart for that. In the end IF Watson is traded the Jets would move the #2 pick, Sam Darnold and Seattle first round next year. This will give them a young QB to work with, the #2 pick which could be moved for more first round picks to rebuild that line or they could go with Sewell to cover Darnolds blind side. 

41 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think Watson being moved is a 50/50 chance. I just don't think we have all the info. as usual. If he is moved I think the Jets are right at the top and I give it 90% chance he is moved to the Jets. So baically if Watson is moved it would be with the Jets. I'm not buying the Miami thing at all. I just don't see Miami moving on from Tua after 1 year of picking him #5 overall. This would be a big black eye on both the coach and GM. I think Houston is throwing this out to have at least 1 team compete against the Jets and get full value for him. I don't think it will happen because JD is to smart for that. In the end IF Watson is traded the Jets would move the #2 pick, Sam Darnold and Seattle first round next year. This will give them a young QB to work with, the #2 pick which could be moved for more first round picks to rebuild that line or they could go with Sewell to cover Darnolds blind side. 

I think Miami isn’t a likely destination Bc that pick is actually HOU. Imagine the fans outrage to trade for the pick that’s supposed to be yours already. I think the organization has too much pride to do that. If HOU is trading Watson its to draft a QB. And we give them the best chance to do that. Add the draft capital we have and cap space... we are a likely destination. But I think the hold up might be Watson actually getting traded. I’d agree that if he is traded we have the best chance to land him. I just think the chance of him actually getting traded isn’t high.

A lot of out-there thoughts about the Watson thing, jeez.

First off, Watson has a NO TRADE CLAUSE. It doesn't matter who the Texans want to do business with, all that matters is where Deshaun wants to go. If he says "I'm not agreeing to a trade to the Jets", then it doesn't matter if we offer our whole draft from now until 2030, it still won't force a trade thru. That is where the conversation needs to start before all. Does he even want to play in NY? Lucky for us he seems to be up here a lot and embraces the superstar platform he has and what better place for that than NYC? OR, would he rather play in Miami, where the team is closer to winning, closer to his home, warm weather year round, no COVID lockdowns, and no income tax? It's ultimately up to Deshaun.

Second, 50/50 chance he leaves, really? Watson is as good as gone. He's at odds with the OWNER of the team who is going nowhere. Cal McNair can't even get in touch with Watson. Every report says it's worse than we've all heard and you have his peers supporting the move on Twitter. Why do you think the Texans are having internal trade discussions? It's because they know he's played his last down as a Texan and they have no other choice unless Nick Caserio wants to play hardball and miss an opportunity to rebuild his team.

However, this could potentially be a blessing in disguise for the Texans. That team is in cap HELL and has no draft capital. That is a team on the down and are paying the price for the BOB reign of terror. This trade would effectively be a reset button for them and would allow them to build around a guy like Zach Wilson on a rookie contract. Tough pill to swallow given we are talking about a top 5 QB in the league, but the Texans situation is pretty dire. They reportedly want 3 firsts and another high pick, I'm not sure I'm even willing to do that when we can just draft Zach Wilson. It would come down to price for me, but 4 premium picks and 3 firsts is too rich for me.

Edited by jetjuice

41 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

First off, Watson has a NO TRADE CLAUSE. It doesn't matter who the Texans want to do business with, all that matters is where Deshaun wants to go. If he says "I'm not agreeing to a trade to the Jets", then it doesn't matter if we offer our whole draft from now until 2030, it still won't force a trade thru. That is where the conversation needs to start before all. Does he even want to play in NY? Lucky for us he seems to be up here a lot and embraces the superstar platform he has and what better place for that than NYC? OR, would he rather play in Miami, where the team is closer to winning, closer to his home, warm weather year round, no COVID lockdowns, and no income tax? It's ultimately up to Deshaun.

Second, 50/50 chance he leaves, really? Watson is as good as gone. He's at odds with the OWNER of the team who is going nowhere. Cal McNair can't even get in touch with Watson. Every report says it's worse than we've all heard and you have his peers supporting the move on Twitter. Why do you think the Texans are having internal trade discussions? It's because they know he's played his last down as a Texan and they have no other choice unless Nick Caserio wants to play hardball and miss an opportunity to rebuild his team.

However, this could potentially be a blessing in disguise for the Texans. That team is in cap HELL and has no draft capital. That is a team on the down and are paying the price for the BOB reign of terror. This trade would effectively be a reset button for them and would allow them to build around a guy like Zach Wilson on a rookie contract. Tough pill to swallow given we are talking about a top 5 QB in the league, but the Texans situation is pretty dire. They reportedly want 3 firsts and another high pick, I'm not sure I'm even willing to do that when we can just draft Zach Wilson. It would come down to price for me, but 4 premium picks and 3 firsts is too rich for me.

The Texans are looking into Eric B. as their HC and he was one guy Watson wanted. The Texans may start to show signs they want to fix the relationship. This is why I gave it a 50/50 chance. If Eric B is the next HC I think the chances decrease a lot on Watson being moved. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

He’s liked posts about him getting traded to the Jets. I think it’s safe to assume he’d accept a trade to us

Just now, jetjuice said:

I would think he would like a post of him getting traded just about anywhere at this point. 

I would doubt that. I think he likes the Jets because we have Saleh as the HC and A LOT of players and coaches love JD. I don't know what it is about JD but the NFL coaches and players love him as a GM. 

• Like 1

A trade only makes sense if it is on our terms. I certainly would not want to deal for Watson if there is a big market for him and if Houston is going to get a major haul in return. I want him at a discount, or not at all. I want him if the Texans run out of options and he definitely wants out. 

We are not one player away from anything. We are in the midst of starting over. So, the last thing we need to do is put all our eggs in one basket, as appealing as that basket may be. 

Sit tight. Do not panic. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would doubt that. I think he likes the Jets because we have Saleh as the HC and A LOT of players and coaches love JD. I don't know what it is about JD but the NFL coaches and players love him as a GM. 

You talk as if you are in NFL circles. 

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’m gonna keep it a bean with you...I have the reading comprehension of a Pre-Schooler....what does this mean

Saleh spoke about he this isn't just a business and that he will do everything for his players and always be there for them.

Edited by KingOfNewYork
  • Like 1