2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

Good thread

There are a lot of FA WRs that I like: Personally, I don't find Allen Robinson realistic as he has a put up with so much bad QB and team-play in his career. I think he goes to a contender

Will Fuller is one of my favorite WRs in the league, but again, I find it unrealistic

My dream somewhat realistic scenario is: LG Joe Thuney, WR/RB Curtis Samuel, WR Corey Davis, WR Tim Patrick, TE Jonnu Smith, RB Jamaal Williams

Edited by Bianconero

I focus needs to be on who we think we can get at WR in FA. Who does everyone prefer out of the big names.

AR15

JuJu

Godwin

Golladay

Fuller

Corey Davis

The theres a lot of good depth type guys that can start like AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Curtis Samuel, Algholor, Bourne., Higgins, etc.

There's also the trade market, Where there's several teams very high over the cap with good WRs that are getting paid a lot and they might need to move them.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

CLE isnt in a bad cap issue.

But he does have a big contract and may have worn out his welcome. Plus you could argue they’ve played better without him. Just throwing another name out there. He’s still a game changer and we haven’t had one of those in a long long time. 

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I focus needs to be on who we think we can get at WR in FA. Who does everyone prefer out of the big names.

AR15

JuJu

Godwin

Golladay

Fuller

Corey Davis

The theres a lot of good depth type guys that can start like AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Curtis Samuel, Algholor, Bourne., Higgins, etc.

There's also the trade market, Where there's several teams very high over the cap with good WRs that are getting paid a lot and they might need to move them.

Aside from JuJu, I do not care who we get starting opposite Mims.  I would prefer an established vet who can get open and help our young QB. Someone who will be where they are supposed to be so the young QB does not have to overthink.  I also want a WR who is not necessarily a product of the QB but makes his QB better.  And, of course, catch the damn ball.  Depth guys are nice, but do we really want another Perriman (who I consider a depth guy) starting?

Of all those names, Robinson checks the most boxes.  I also like Golladay but was he really more a product of Stafford?

1 minute ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

But he does have a big contract and may have worn out his welcome. Plus you could argue they’ve played better without him. Just throwing another name out there. He’s still a game changer and we haven’t had one of those in a long long time. 

OBJ does not seem like a JD guy.  He wants to instill a culture in the locker room and OBJ may not be the best fit.  Skill wise he would be a plus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The NY market. A new regime. What will more than likely be a new QB. And besides BUF not a crazy tough division. 

It's a new regime no matter where they go as they're going to a new team, same for the Quarterback they'll be playing with. I doubt they also care much about the division, players are competitive.