2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

57 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Didn't see the quote.  Heard him and Mims had some questionable things to say about Sam but didn't see the exact quote.

I posted it in another thread. Apparently, some guy interviewed Mims and Perriman. They did not say good things about Sam’s play on the field.

21 minutes ago, xrade said:

I posted it in another thread. Apparently, some guy interviewed Mims and Perriman. They did not say good things about Sam’s play on the field.

Yup. I think Perriman is a moron and needs to go. You never go to the media and rip on your QB no matter who that is. You can find a replacement for hm no problem. The guy is not that good anyways. 

27 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

What are people using to say Elf is not a starter??

Watch the Baldy Breakdown of Big Ticket and see how great Elf was.

Some just look at PFF and make form their judgements. From actually watching him play, I think he was decent in run blocking. Less so in pass pro. I would like to keep him but make sure we have a good backup plan in the form of a talented prospect.

On 2/9/2021 at 12:53 PM, jetfuel34 said:

No you are right but this is a top 2 guy for QB and he even struggled. I'm a huge guy that wants the OL before anything. I think drafting a QB with this line will just set that QB back too. You have to have 5 good OL guys. This is why I would like to trade down and grab Sewell to lock up the tackle postions for the next 10 years. Once you have that good OL pretty much any QB can be a top 15 QB. 

It's funny I am completely with you on drafting Sewell and shoring up the O line.

However, that is no reason to endorse Sam Darnold. Saying Mahomes struggled on the grandest stage against the best team in the NFC with a turf toe injury that needed surgery is similar to Sam Darnold underwhelming for three seasons is quite a stretch.

The Chiefs know they have to shore up the O line and everything will fall into place. Once we shore up the O line, we will still need a quarterback to perform behind it. Huge difference.

• Like 1

Appears Thuney will in fact hit FA. That he really has 0 desire to resign with them and the cost to tag him again is just too much.

On another note. There's a lot of rumors linking us to Marlon Mack. Who I really like. I wanted us to draft him and have put him in several mocks for us.