2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think that was actually a respectful thing by HOU.

Let him choose his next team. Not trade him to whoever you want.

I think it’s a mess because it should have never come to this for them. He’s the face of their franchise and likely will be forever. Him wanting out kinda puts it all into perspective for just how bad it’s gotten.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think it’s a mess because it should have never come to this for them. He’s the face of their franchise and likely will be forever. Him wanting out kinda puts it all into perspective for just how bad it’s gotten.

Totally agree. But it's just odd that they realize that need to start over and cut him when Watt the professional he is, never "forced" his way out. Yet Watson who wants out they wont let go.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Totally agree. But it's just odd that they realize that need to start over and cut him when Watt the professional he is, never "forced" his way out. Yet Watson who wants out they wont let go.

This is probably the one good thing Texas did this off season.  Watt was too expensive to keep so Houston cuts him early so he can latch on somewhere else sooner rather than later.  I would not mind him on the Jets for a reasonable deal if he wants to keep playing.

I would love Watt here. But if we don't land Watson (and I don't think we will), I don't see Watt coming here.

Marlon Mack is talented, but I am worried about spending FA dollars on a guy with his durability issues. I know RBs all lack durability for the most part, but that is why it is important to find guys who are more durable than others.

I'd still rather draft an RB to be our starter because there would be less tread on the tires.

39 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Marlon Mack is talented, but I am worried about spending FA dollars on a guy with his durability issues. I know RBs all lack durability for the most part, but that is why it is important to find guys who are more durable than others.

I'd still rather draft an RB to be our starter because there would be less tread on the tires.

Why not both options?  I would not mind a backfield of Johnson, Mack and 3rd rookie like Williams, Gainwell etc. Perine and Guerreiro on the PS as backups. Not too shabby IMO. 

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I would love Watt here. But if we don't land Watson (and I don't think we will), I don't see Watt coming here.

Mack wont cost top dollar, he's not Aaron Jones. He's coming off an Achilles injury as well, so that will lower his price.

That Achilles injury is the only injury he's really ever had. So not sure how he has durability issues. 

Would LOVE Marlon Mack. He would be a great back for us and the type of back that would thrive in the outside zone. 

Watt is not a fit for this team. Hes an aging declining DE that is not nearly the type of speedy athletic outside rusher we want to play the wide 9. Not to mention we are a completely rebuilding situation, we need to keep adding youth and speed, not aging vets that wont help us much. I love JJ Watt, but he should not even be a thought to be brought here and he shouldnt think about us either. 

13 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Would LOVE Marlon Mack. He would be a great back for us and the type of back that would thrive in the outside zone. 

Watt is not a fit for this team. Hes an aging declining DE that is not nearly the type of speedy athletic outside rusher we want to play the wide 9. Not to mention we are a completely rebuilding situation, we need to keep adding youth and speed, not aging vets that wont help us much. I love JJ Watt, but he should not even be a thought to be brought here and he shouldnt think about us either. 

Watt would be a waste of cap space. We have a good IDL already. Resources need to be spent elsewhere.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

I thought he played a 5T. I know we need a 7T/9T, but don’t we also need a 5T?

We need edge pass rush. We will being playing more of a base 4-3. So we can have bigger DEs... but Watt still doesn’t really give us what we need.

I don’t think he’s even considering us or us even considering him unless we get Watson and we become a contender. 

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think he’s even considering us or us even considering him unless we get Watson and we become a contender. 

Yeah. I think he would want Pitt. and JD wants to get younger and faster. I still think he is a decent 4-3 5T but he is on the downside of a stellar career. 

58 minutes ago, xrade said:

Yeah. I think he would want Pitt. and JD wants to get younger and faster. I still think he is a decent 4-3 5T but he is on the downside of a stellar career. 

He’s one of my favorite non Jets in the league. So of course I’d love to see him in our jersey. But it just doesn’t make sense for him or us.

We get Watson and become more of a win now team. Then it could be entertained.

Did anybody read this clown Max Goodman who wrote on the Jets site today about his proposed trade for the Jets

It is so stupid i won't even write down the  details of this insane three way trade. Why would the Jets even put his blog on their website.

This was under the site NY JETS news

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 9:05 PM, doumeyer said:

Did anybody read this clown Max Goodman who wrote on the Jets site today about his proposed trade for the Jets

It is so stupid i won't even write down the  details of this insane three way trade. Why would the Jets even put his blog on their website.

This was under the site NY JETS news

Is this the Wilson/Watson thing?

If there was a deal involving those two there is no way the team giving up Wilson wouldn't demand Watson and vice versa.