2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

On 2/13/2021 at 11:43 AM, Bobby816 said:

He’s one of my favorite non Jets in the league. So of course I’d love to see him in our jersey. But it just doesn’t make sense for him or us.

We get Watson and become more of a win now team. Then it could be entertained.

If we did get Watson and gave up all those first round pick we would be far from a win now team, Watson was 4-12 last year he would be 4-13 with us. we just have to many holes to fill at this period of time, RB,  WR. LB, Pass rusher, CB and a real place kicker. I still can't figure out how to get that impact player on offensive. But I think I see you point, SF would be a perfect landing spot for Watson, the Niners, have enough talent to get back to a SB. I am sure if we didn't a QB problem Douglas might go best offensive player in the draft at #2

40 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

If we did get Watson and gave up all those first round pick we would be far from a win now team, Watson was 4-12 last year he would be 4-13 with us. we just have to many holes to fill at this period of time, RB,  WR. LB, Pass rusher, CB and a real place kicker. I still can't figure out how to get that impact player on offensive. But I think I see you point, SF would be a perfect landing spot for Watson, the Niners, have enough talent to get back to a SB. I am sure if we didn't a QB problem Douglas might go best offensive player in the draft at #2

I think people have to realize if we trade for Watson (unlikely). We aren’t giving up everything to get him. We have 3 picks in the top 34 this year. We aren’t giving up all of them. We have a ton of cap space and he isn’t taking up a ton of it. So we can sign some other big time FAs.

It wouldn’t be get Watson and do nothing else. There’s tons more that we’d be able to do to make us a contender to make the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think people have to realize if we trade for Watson (unlikely). We aren’t giving up everything to get him. We have 3 picks in the top 34 this year. We aren’t giving up all of them. We have a ton of cap space and he isn’t taking up a ton of it. So we can sign some other big time FAs.

It wouldn’t be get Watson and do nothing else. There’s tons more that we’d be able to do to make us a contender to make the playoffs.

A good example of what you are saying is the Jets O line two years ago are they were horrible and the worst in our history, But in one year with only one O line draft picks and FA pickups it was much improved, and Douglas isn't finish building it. I am sure in this years draft we are going to see a early run on WR;s & RB.s like never before. Miami setting at 4 in the draft is a sure bet to go offensive the same thing can be said for the Jags. At this point in time Douglas is just sitting back and waiting to see how we do in the FA market before he makes any draft decisions. Right Now i DO NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH THE SECOND PICK  IN THE DRAFT, WE HAVE SO MANY OPTIONS.

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Something to stay optimistic about......

This time last year TB was a FA. Gronk was a WWE wrestler. AB was in jail and Fournette was about to be cut.

So things can change fast

LOL All we need to do is trade for Tom Brady and we will be all set. LOL

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Something to stay optimistic about......

This time last year TB was a FA. Gronk was a WWE wrestler. AB was in jail and Fournette was about to be cut.

So things can change fast

That is, of course, unless you are a Jets fan. 

51 years and waiting for this guy. I am sure doumeyer has waited longer.

Guys I like:

RB: Jamaal Williams, Matt Brieda, Mike Davis, Tevin Coleman, Malcolm Brown, Gus Edwards, Marlon Mack

WR: Corey Davis, Curtis Samuels, Kendrick Bourne, Marvin Jones, Nelson Agholor, David Moore, Tim Patrick, DeDe Westbrook 

TE: Gerald Everett, Jonnu Smith

IOL: Nick Easton, Austin Blythe, John Miller, Lane Taylor, Jermaine Eluemunor, Jon Feliciano

DE: Carl Lawson, Romeo Okowara, Ronald Blair, Solomon Thomas, Benson Mayowa, Melvin Ingram

LB: Jayon Brown, Alex Anzalone, Devondre Campbell, Jarrad Davis, Reuben Foster, Craig Robertson

CB: Ahkilo Witherspoon, DJ Hayden, Kwaun Williams, Chidobe Awukie, Troy Hill, Cam Sutton

tried not to put any big names/Bank breakers on there

I like Jamaal Williams too but I think he either gets re-signed by GB or hits the market and gets a bigger contract than anyone expects.

Tevin Coleman I just want nothing to do with. I've never been a big fan and I'm just tired of hearing about him. I don't think he's any good and he's lost some of his speed at this point.

Gus Edwards is an interesting name.

30 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I like Jamaal Williams too but I think he either gets re-signed by GB or hits the market and gets a bigger contract than anyone expects.

Tevin Coleman I just want nothing to do with. I've never been a big fan and I'm just tired of hearing about him. I don't think he's any good and he's lost some of his speed at this point.

Gus Edwards is an interesting name.

I don’t think we need to be targeting  anyone in FA at Arab that costs a ton or that’s older. That’s why a guy like Mack is perfect. Young and won’t cost a ton. And doesn’t force us to have to draft a RB high. We sign a bet for cheap... they can’t be relied on and we can’t have Ty or Perine getting a ton of touches on offense.

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think we need to be targeting  anyone in FA at Arab that costs a ton or that’s older. That’s why a guy like Mack is perfect. Young and won’t cost a ton. And doesn’t force us to have to draft a RB high. We sign a bet for cheap... they can’t be relied on and we can’t have Ty or Perine getting a ton of touches on offense.

Yeah I agree. A bargain RB or two is needed but I don't want to invest too much into the position through FA.

Might not be a popular opinion but I'd love to grab Sermon in the draft in the 3rd round.

1 hour ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Might not be a popular opinion but I'd love to grab Sermon in the draft in the 3rd round

I would love Sermon in the third. After watching a couple OSU games at the end of the season, he was a stud. I somehow doubt he lasts that long though. Would not mind trading up into round two if he is within reasonable striking distance. 

• Like 1