2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Poor? I dont know if I agree with poor. I wanted more from some, but 3 players ended up being starters. Last year just sucked. Im not dwelling on it. Lets move forward lol. 

OK I read all the pros & cons on Douglas first years drafting from our board members. I gave him a pass on last years draft, however this year will be different. We have SIX picks in the first 98 players in the draft. we have #2,23,34,66,87.98, all this picks will be well scrutinize by all us. We will have a real idea what kind of GM we have after both the FA period and the 2021 draft. LORD HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL if he ***** this offseason up.

I don't think we should be crowning JD the greatest drafter of all time, but it's a bit pre-mature in my opinion to be so harsh on his first draft.  They've literally been in the league one year.  A unique year, like none other, with no pre-season.  

It's too early to say he's a great drafter, the same way it's too early to say he sucks at drafting.  Give the kids some time to acclimate to the game.  

Just now, Fort4242 said:

I don't think we should be crowning JD the greatest drafter of all time, but it's a bit pre-mature in my opinion to be so harsh on his first draft.  They've literally been in the league one year.  A unique year, like none other, with no pre-season.  

It's too early to say he's a great drafter, the same way it's too early to say he sucks at drafting.  Give the kids some time to acclimate to the game.  

This is all true. I have faith in JD simply because he addressed two areas high in the draft that have been ignore forever; OT and WR. You can argue we have selected WR in the 2nd fairly recently, but those picks had nowhere the talent and hype Mims had. Hall has a lot of promise and should not have been thrust into the role so quickly but he showed promise - great pick. Almost the same for Davis. Mann did not show as much as we had hoped, but is there any doubt getting a starter in round 6 regardless of position is more valuable than a 5th WR?  Mann just needs to reproduce his college days which for a punter should not be difficult.

That is 5 out of 8 picks that have potential to be long term starters. When was the last time we could say that?

I think unfortunately the only tier 1 FA we sign is Thuney. Every one else a tier or 2 down. Which for me is bad. Signing Will Fuller doesn’t help us much for example. Signing a guy like Mack helps but isn’t a difference maker. We need difference makers.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think unfortunately the only tier 1 FA we sign is Thuney. Every one else a tier or 2 down. Which for me is bad. Signing Will Fuller doesn’t help us much for example. Signing a guy like Mack helps but isn’t a difference maker. We need difference makers.

Marvin Jones is a solid tier 2 guy.  Wouldn't be upset, unless we skip WR early.

A.J. Green would be a nice addition. His value has dipped the last few years because of injury, but he would be worth the gamble. In terms of talent, he is top tier. 

I think a guy like Kendrick Bourne will definitely be on our radar due to the connection with LaFleur and Saleh. 

I too would not mind Marvin Jones at all. Solid addition.

What about Golden Tate, would he be an option for a slot guy who can make plays?

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Marvin Jones is a solid tier 2 guy.  Wouldn't be upset, unless we skip WR early.

Ehhhhhh. If I had to rank the FA WRs I’d want it’d go like this.

Godwin

AR15

Davis

Golladay

JuJu

Samuel

Hilton

Fuller

Watkins

Green

Jones

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Trai Turner the talented OG for LAC is on the trade block. Shouldn’t cost much Bc apparently they’re going to cut him if they can’t get something for him.

Should be a deal we should be all over. 

I dont know much about him. I know their line was considered just as bad if not worse than ours. Not that its gospel but his PFF grade is abysmal. Maybe just a bad year for him? I will take your word on it though I dont know him as a player but the little research I did have him really doing well his first few years. 

I still want Thuney and a day two guard in the draft badly. Guard play was so bad last year.

I would not mind Turner but only in FA. I would not trade for him and his $11M salary. This is with the assumption we either get a top iOL in FA or plan on selecting one early in the draft. Turner by himself is not an exciting get. I would also only offer a little more than the GVR contract. 

1. Regarding the conversation on Joe's presser, if I am not mistaken, he DID say that we have a large amount of money and will look to spend it

2. Judging our defensive rookies at this point isn't smart. Every defense struggled this COVID-ridden year, especially rookies.

The only picks that I am not excited about are Perine and Morgan

24 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think we're definitely going to spend some money. The market has talent in the positions we need along with those who will be released/traded for cap reasons. I don't think he's going to be as cheap as he was last offseason. 

The question is will he get top talent or just a lot of “value” guys?  Chances are a bit of both but we really need talent and not just a bunch of bodies.