2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

1 minute ago, Sapo28 said:

Trent Brown getting traded to the Pats means Thuney will at least see free agency. We need to sign him. 

While I do agree that Thiney will hit FA... them getting Brown has nothing to do with that. Thuney is a G, Brown is a T

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

While I do agree that Thiney will hit FA... them getting Brown has nothing to do with that. Thuney is a G, Brown is a T

And they had a great rookie  in Onwenu who needs to stay on the field + Cannon coming back. Someone is moving to guard on that line...

While you can credit a team for having depth on the offensive line that would be over kill. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My predictions with 1 week to go are this for us in FA.....

Corey Linsley (C)

Will Fuller XVI (WR)

Romeo Okwara (Edge)

Gerald Everett (TE)

Jamaal Williams (RB)

Jason Verrett (CB)

Linsley, would be a key pickup, but the rest won't made me forget Marshall, Decker, & ivory.  If Douglas comes out with one star WR & one top O lineman in FA it would take all the pressure off the  rest of his draft picks To me that is the key to start the off season. It sure looks like we will draft a QB at 2 and that put so much pressure on him to go offensive again with pick # 23. We really need another mid first round pick. I wonder if Douglas  is thinking about trading down a few spot, and still be able to get fields and get that extra first round pick. That has to be on his mind. it sure on my mind. Youi know I hate trading down but this year could be our best option, but we have to end up with fields. 

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

And they had a great rookie  in Onwenu who needs to stay on the field + Cannon coming back. Someone is moving to guard on that line...

While you can credit a team for having depth on the offensive line that would be over kill. 

Onwenu is better at G anyway.

As I said... I think they let Thuney walk. But what they do at OT doesn’t matter what they do at OG. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

This is true and has been proven. But I will add that this approach is excellent when you have a team with few holes. We are not that team. We still need a lot of talent that will take a long time if we just relied on the draft. I am not suggesting going all in on 4 or 5 really good FA’s. But we should get at least two.  Imagine if we sign Henrickson and Linsley/Thuney. We could then draft a WR and CB/OLB at 23 and 34.  We would certainly add a “value” WR in FA and probably a TE and RB. Now this team is starting to look good. The following offseason we can add more value FA’s and less top money FA’s. We still have a number on high draft picks to further fill in the, hopefully, few holes and start getting those talented backups that can be brought along slowly to start when a contract comes up. Sustainable and good. That is our goal. 

Washington often chased high priced free agents and got burned. Same with Oakland. I really cant name a team who chased high priced free agents and won. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Because Sam Darnold sucked. 

Bc the talent sucked. And he was responsible for let’s say 20% of that talent between the 2019 season post draft. 2020 FA and draft period and season.

So he did have a hand in why we sucked.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Washington often chased high priced free agents and got burned. Same with Oakland. I really cant name a team who chased high priced free agents and won. 

Packers spent big on 2 edges and that helped them.

KCs defense is a lot of FAs.

TBs team is a lot of FAs.

LAR are a lot of FAs

Tes building through the draft is always best. But ToT hunk if you spend money when you have it on highly talented players is false. It’s spending big money on overpaying above average players that burns teams. And this FA class has A LOT of highly talented players worth spending on.

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

Onwenu was drafted as a Guard I believe. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Packers spent big on 2 edges and that helped them.

KCs defense is a lot of FAs.

TBs team is a lot of FAs.

LAR are a lot of FAs

Tes building through the draft is always best. But ToT hunk if you spend money when you have it on highly talented players is false. It’s spending big money on overpaying above average players that burns teams. And this FA class has A LOT of highly talented players worth spending on.

HIGH PRICED FREE AGENTS.