2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Good player. But we don’t need to be tying up money on the LB spot. We have WAY bigger needs at more valuable positions 

I presume we will need two starting linebackers. Any reliable news on Hewitt coming back? 

I want us to get Jabril Cox in the 3rd round as he would be perfect. 

Edited by xenajets

9 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I presume we will need two starting linebackers. Any reliable news on Hewitt coming back? 

I want us to get Jabril Cox in the 3rd round as he would be perfect. 

I don’t value LB like a lot don’t RB and WR. So I don’t want us to spend a ton in FA or high draft picks on guys. 

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t value LB like a lot don’t RB and WR. So I don’t want us to spend a ton in FA or high draft picks on guys. 

Not sure who does not value WR.  RB is a different story. You may not want to invest anything at OLB but do you think Saleh and JD will?

31 minutes ago, xrade said:

Not sure who does not value WR.  RB is a different story. You may not want to invest anything at OLB but do you think Saleh and JD will?

QB-OL-WR-TE-RB

EDGE-Corner-LB-DT-S

Overall

QB-EDGE-OL-CB-WR-LB-DT-TE-S-RB

You can move some of those around though depending on preference. 

54 minutes ago, xrade said:

I’ve been told on this forum for years by posters that RBs AND WRs aren’t worth 1st round picks. Especially high 1st round picks. That’s why I say that. Bc I’ve disagreed this whole time 

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve been told on this forum for years by posters that RBs AND WRs aren’t worth 1st round picks. Especially high 1st round picks. That’s why I say that. Bc I’ve disagreed this whole time 

They aren't though and history repeatedly has proven that. And it isn't because they arrest valuable but because of the depth of the position. Every year there are so many wide receivers available in the draft and free agency you just have to find the right guys in the right spots. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They aren't though and history repeatedly has proven that. And it isn't because they arrest valuable but because of the depth of the position. Every year there are so many wide receivers available in the draft and free agency you just have to find the right guys in the right spots. 

This pretty much applies for like every position though.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This pretty much applies for like every position though.

I mean you can find gems any where, Brady was a 6th round pick, etc...but overall case studies have proven that the quality of depth, not just the depth but quality of it, is deeper for certain positions even though those positions are extremely valuable. 

Think about not wanting to draft Linebackers early but then you have slow, sluggish Linebackers trying to cover on 3rd down. Or not wanting Defensive Tackles but then you cant stop the run. 

I never consider it an either or decision though, I just think investing everywhere is important.

Per Craig Carton, 3 teams have offered 2nd round picks for Sam Darnold. He speculated that the Jets are holding out for a 1st.

D. Jeremiah suggested if he were the Jets, an ideal scenario would be to package Sam and our 2nd to grab a pick in the top 12.

Edited by SDotNova

23 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Per Craig Carton, 3 teams have offered 2nd round picks for Sam Darnold. He speculated that the Jets are holding out for a 1st.

D. Jeremiah suggested if he were the Jets, an ideal scenario would be to package Sam and our 2nd to grab a pick in the top 12.

Hopefully we can do that and still give up only our #2 and SEA first for Watson (and whatever in 2022), and not all three this year.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Could just be a stupid rumor I’ve heard...

but I can swear I read today that Vegas big time changed the odds of CHI winning the SB today. Bc a Wilson trade is happening.

we will see

god jamals reaction is going to be priceless. couldnt happen to a better guy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Legal tampering period starts Monday. We’ll start hearing some good rumors soon.

I’m expecting we sign mostly waive two guys

Jonnu Smith TE

Corey Linsley C

Curtis Samuel WR

Carl Lawson Edge

Resign Brian Poole CB

Keanu Neal S

Could see all those outside of Neal. No way we Tag Maye and then pay an outsider top Safety money.