2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

44 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

He's played 19 games in the last 3 years. I don't think that will garner top safety money.

Still he is looking for big contract because when he is on the field he delivers. 3 out of last 5 years with 100 tackles per season warrants that.  As for Jets, they are likely waiting until FA cooling down.  IF Neal is still there, sign him at halfway or whatever.    I agree with KONY about Jets won't talk seriously with Neal during non tampered period.  

11 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Per Craig Carton, 3 teams have offered 2nd round picks for Sam Darnold. He speculated that the Jets are holding out for a 1st.

D. Jeremiah suggested if he were the Jets, an ideal scenario would be to package Sam and our 2nd to grab a pick in the top 12.

I prefer packing Darnold during the draft.  JD can deal him away prior to draft if return is too rich to sneeze on.

13 hours ago, xenajets said:

I presume we will need two starting linebackers. Any reliable news on Hewitt coming back? 

I want us to get Jabril Cox in the 3rd round as he would be perfect. 

Dylan Moses, Nick Bolton and Jabril Cox would be fantastic addition at LB.   If you want to have a natural inside LB just in case what would happen to CJ Mosley then Bolton is highly recommended.  Moses played inside last year and it kind of hit his draft value. 

Problem is that JD will look for big and fast player.  Mitch Parsons in 1st and Baron Browning in 1st/2nd fit that mold as high level priority (LB).   Browning's intelligence needs work. Parsons is one of generational talents meaning money talk all the way.

I think Jets should sign FA to bolster starting LB group and draft one or two LB whenever JD sees value.

12 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

I could see them aiming for a guy like Trey Lance in the draft. Both play a similar game, similar build.

Patriots?  That is crazy to think Bill Belicheck will actually draft qb with nearly empty experience in 1st.

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Well, it took Tom the freaking Brady more than one season to lead the BB squad.

Ya but Cam is no Tom. Cam is a broken down soon to be 32 year old QB that always had his legs and now he does not. I would loke for the pats to draft Trask or Mond. I think they will use there first round pick oon one of these guys. The other QB's will be gone and BB is getting close to calling it a career. If he has 2 more seasons of 8-8 or less he will fold up and leave. He is hoping one of these guys will be good and leave the Pats with a franchise QB. 

I thought Cam would return. Which I’m ok with. Going against a Saleh defense if he gets his players in here. Won’t let Cam do a lot of what he lies to do. Shouldn’t be able to run away from our front 7 and he just isn’t a great passer.

What Miami does concerns me WAY more