2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Me too.    Waldo formula is useless because not all participate completely.   I don't like the combination of Combine numbers and Pro Day numbers.

Agreed. Not using the data from the same testing facility introduces statistical error.  I still wanted to give it shot and see how it compares to reality. It was not too bad in the past in terms of predictions. 

52 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I honestly don't care how much we pay Thuney. He's going to make a huge difference along with the rookies we're going to draft. 

I am not sure what the tag for OG’s is, but he is definitely worth that plus a little more. Beyond that I would look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Agreed. Not using the data from the same testing facility introduces statistical error.  I still wanted to give it shot and see how it compares to reality. It was not too bad in the past in terms of predictions. 

Still worth using the pro day data.

I read somewhere that GM’s treat pro day and combine numbers the same. They don’t see it as the pro day numbers aren’t as good the way fans do.

13 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Still worth using the pro day data.

I read somewhere that GM’s treat pro day and combine numbers the same. They don’t see it as the pro day numbers aren’t as good the way fans do.

Yeah, I’ll have to find that info. 

30 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am not sure what the tag for OG’s is, but he is definitely worth that plus a little more. Beyond that I would look elsewhere.

There are plenty of options out there, but I realized we go crazy about these big contracts that become average two years later every offseason. So I'm not too worried about it. All I really want in FA is a top WR, OG, and a competitive TE on offense.