2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

Just now, xenajets said:

Really hope not. I’d love him here next to big ticket. 

Meh. Out of our control and I want Linsley a little more anyway. One thing it could signal is that this may be BB’s last rodeo. Think about it. BB rarely agrees to big money contracts. He always lets players walk knowing the team can overcome and he will get a comp pick. He may spend this year to make a playoff run and damn the cap next year. Plus, if they are willing to shell out the $ for Thuney why not just tag him again and try to work out a longer term deal? Why chance it?

15 minutes ago, xrade said:

Meh. Out of our control and I want Linsley a little more anyway. One thing it could signal is that this may be BB’s last rodeo. Think about it. BB rarely agrees to big money contracts. He always lets players walk knowing the team can overcome and he will get a comp pick. He may spend this year to make a playoff run and damn the cap next year. Plus, if they are willing to shell out the $ for Thuney why not just tag him again and try to work out a longer term deal? Why chance it?

If the reports about us wanting BOTH Thuney and Linsley are true and by some miracle we landed both then a:

Becton-Thuney-Linsley-McGovern-Fant offensive line maybe up there with the best of them. 

59 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I'll be upset if we lose Curtis Samuel to Jacksonville 

It’s going to be tough. His college coach and guy who drafted him are in Jax.

He’d be a nice guy fit our scheme though. So I’m hoping we land him as well.

35 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Pats trying to resign Thuney. Not surprised which is why when people kept saying he was a lock here it made little sense. Pats have a ton of cap space.

Two years in a row we had plenty of money to spend on FA'S with our current roster and QB issues, All we will end up with is second tier players. The chance of us getting a tier one player are slim to none.

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Two years in a row we had plenty of money to spend on FA'S with our current roster and QB issues, All we will end up with is second tier players. The chance of us getting a tier one player are slim to none.

Well when you’re a bad team players aren’t lining up to sign here and overpaying is how we ended up in a mess to begin with. We’ll see what happens. I’m not going to over react because I’ve seen this before. It’s hard to get on a GM for finally having a plan and principles. Signing the top free agents doesn’t always mean anything. The redskins used to win FA every year. Make smart decisions with the money and crush the draft. I feel like half the forum is going to be killing Douglas by 7pm tonight lol. 

What you say is sad but true, and you are right about 7 pm tonight, Tonight at 7pm i will put on another Hallmark movie where everything is nice, and i won't get aggravated. Just remember what a said a week ago about me not been optimistic about the FA market.