2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

If we're going down the rabbit hole of QBs it should start and end with Jameis really.  He's the only guy with enough untapped potential that's worth investing in as competition for our young QB.  If you can get him to just cut his turnovers he's a legit QB in this league.  Even better than Sam really.  

Let Jameis start the season until the rookie (Wilson) is ready.  Trade Sam for a 2 and move on.

That's the best case scenario really for us.  

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

If we're going down the rabbit hole of QBs it should start and end with Jameis really.  He's the only guy with enough untapped potential that's worth investing in as competition for our young QB.  If you can get him to just cut his turnovers he's a legit QB in this league.  Even better than Sam really.  

Let Jameis start the season until the rookie (Wilson) is ready.  Trade Sam for a 2 and move on.

That's the best case scenario really for us.  

I think Jameis needs to go somewhere and actually start. Not be a bridge guy. We do our offseason correctly and get better on offense... I could see Jameis actually playing good (call me crazy). So then are you benching him even if he’s playing well for the #2 pick? So maybe we then wasted the 2nd pick.

If we’re adding a QB along with a rookie... it has to be a guy that is a get that can start but actually in no way is maybe an answer for us at QB.

I do not think Winston is leaving NO. Chances are this is Brees’ last year. They are in serious cap trouble so I do not see them signing a FA QB. Hill is not a QB, he is an athletic player but not a starting QB. NO will keep Winston and work with him in the offseason to be the teams starting QB in 2021. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Jameis needs to go somewhere and actually start. Not be a bridge guy. We do our offseason correctly and get better on offense... I could see Jameis actually playing good (call me crazy). So then are you benching him even if he’s playing well for the #2 pick? So maybe we then wasted the 2nd pick.

If we’re adding a QB along with a rookie... it has to be a guy that is a get that can start but actually in no way is maybe an answer for us at QB.

If he plays good then trade bait.  Having two good QBs is never a bad thing.  He probably wants to start and we offer him that chance so it seems like a good fit.  He isn't getting handed a starting job anymore that ship has sailed.  Even in NO it isn't a guarantee he is the starter in 2021.

We still move Sam for a 2 and aren't forced to start our young QB from day 1 if they aren't ready.  Win win win.

Edited by Rockice_8

37 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

If Watson is available we better go after him hard 

Apparently he likes Bienamy. We make Buenamy HC and I can see him putting us on his list of teams he’d waive his no trade close for. But the state of the team now... I’m sure we are a team he’d reject a trade to

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Apparently he likes Bienamy. We make Buenamy HC and I can see him putting us on his list of teams he’d waive his no trade close for. But the state of the team now... I’m sure we are a team he’d reject a trade to

Yes I don’t think he would want to come here in this current situation either 

16 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yes I don’t think he would want to come here in this current situation either 

If Watson wants out of Houston bad enough, he won’t be that picky. It would be one thing if gase was still here, but almost any new coaching staff will certainly make us more desirable. Couple that with the very short list of suitors and that no trade clause is almost useless. If he were to invoke the clause against the Jets then we could assume he does not want out that bad and he is just playing games.