2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Well this should put an end to the Watson talk. We need every single draft pick we can get our hands on.

Including a trade down from 2 to 4 and possibly deals involving Mosley and Darnold. But even at that point, we might still have a shot if Watson is still holding out well into training camp.

2022 and 2023 draft picks matter little to me right now. Move them for a franchise quarterback.

Just now, Jag68Sid87 said:

OK, but I'm not saying we should keep Lewis and Van Roten. I do think we should try to upgrade the interior. Maybe a Trai Turner? Maybe we can find a starter later in the draft.

But Sewell would definitely be an upgrade and a plug-and-play tackle for us.

I just dont see what options are out there. Turner didn’t have a good year last year apparently but would be an upgrade for sure. Sewell would be nice but I’m not taking a RT at #2. Would have to be in a big trade down for missing out on Wilson.

I know your not keen on going qb at #2 and to be fair I expected us to improve the line and receivers in FA so that the rookie would have something around him. If we don’t do that which to be honest there is still people out there that can help us but if not then i wouldn’t want to bring in a rookie into this mess of an offense. 

Just now, JetsandI said:

Jets will miss Wilson after trading down.  Easily.

Good. I don’t want to bring a rookie into this situation unless he’s sitting on the bench until next year.

going from his level of competition to the NFL and what the Jets will surround him with is too tall of a task 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

I just dont see what options are out there. Turner didn’t have a good year last year apparently but would be an upgrade for sure. Sewell would be nice but I’m not taking a RT at #2. Would have to be in a big trade down for missing out on Wilson.

I know your not keen on going qb at #2 and to be fair I expected us to improve the line and receivers in FA so that the rookie would have something around him. If we don’t do that which to be honest there is still people out there that can help us but if not then i wouldn’t want to bring in a rookie into this mess of an offense. 

I think we could conceivably trade down to 4 and still get Sewell. After that, I think Cincy will pick him fifth overall. 

So if we can trade down to 4, we should do it.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Good. I don’t want to bring a rookie into this situation unless he’s sitting on the bench until next year.

going from his level of competition to the NFL and what the Jets will surround him with is too tall of a task 

Apologies.   I thought trading down and taking qb.

• Like 1