2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

its simple. draft better. thats the only thing he can do to get us out of the hole. nobody is signing free agents to a roster that looks like ours. if his drafts arent baring fruit after 3 years then we are in trouble with him. he inherited an atrocious situation because macagnan drafted terrible and gave out overpayments like candy. 

Yeah, but I don't think that is enough. We also need to bring in proven winners who can change the culture, once and for all. Guys who will absolutely not accept losing. 

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

We’ve never executed good trade downs so I think we are being wayyyyy optimistic to think we are suddenly going to do two. 

Im just gutted we’ve not gone out and improved the offensive line. I’m not all about that shiny new toy and wanting all the received it’s just getting the big guys up front who have been there and done it. Just shocked we’ve been so slow and missed out in some good options. 

I'd be shocked if we did properly nail one trade down here. I feel like we need to get Sewell now. If I were the GM I'm not  sure I'd even risk losing him on a trade down. The dolphins and bengals are both significant risks to take him. 

The last time our team was good  we had a dominant line, good defense and a good running game. 

IMO wr would have only been the justifiable target with our top frp if we had been able to secure a guy like Thuney. We needed to get better up front and he is the kind of talented and experienced vet that could have instantly reinforced the line.  With him I would only take the wr if we missed on Sewell and we should only miss on Sewell of we get blown away on multiple trade backs that would set us up with a boatload of picks to rebuild everywhere.

10 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

You could have the best GM in the world and still not be able to convince players to come to one of the worst teams in Football. It’s not the GM it’s the JETS. 

Part of the best GM would be sealing deals and negotiating and selling the dream and aspirations of where we are going. We also supposedly had a coach everyone wanted to play for. 

All gas no breaks was the mantra. ******* joke shop. Will we be the worst team in the division again? 

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

And the irony is, we would have been a great landing spot had we gone 0-16 instead of 2-14!

Typical Jets.

You are correct if we had the rights TL this would be a whole different day

ct

Edited by doumeyer

3 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I'd be shocked if we did properly nail one trade down here. I feel like we need to get Sewell now. If I were the GM I'm not  sure I'd even risk losing him on a trade down. The dolphins and bengals are both significant risks to take him. 

The last time our team was good  we had a dominant line, good defense and a good running game. 

IMO wr would have only been the justifiable target with our top frp if we had been able to secure a guy like Thuney. We needed to get better up front and he is the kind of talented and experienced vet that could have instantly reinforced the line.  With him I would only take the wr if we missed on Sewell and we should only miss on Sewell of we get blown away on multiple trade backs that would set us up with a boatload of picks to rebuild everywhere.

It is what it is at the end of the day. For opinions on what should or shouldn’t be the way to create a roster it’s simple a team like NE went out and got better today. Plain and simple. Hopefully we can say the same thing but as time ticks on it’s become more apparent that the better talents just simply ain’t coming here. 

• Like 1

I feel your pain Jets fans.  Things have been a lot quieter than I thought they would be for the Jaguars so far too.  At least you guys can tell yourselves that you're saving space for Watson.  We can't even do that.  Anyway, good luck the rest of the way.  Hopefully your front office has a few tricks up their sleeve that nobody is thinking about yet.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I feel your pain Jets fans.  Things have been a lot quieter than I thought they would be for the Jaguars so far too.  At least you guys can tell yourselves that you're saving space for Watson.  We can't even do that.  Anyway, good luck the rest of the way.  Hopefully your front office has a few tricks up their sleeve that nobody is thinking about yet.

Reminds me of that old video from Radio City with the fans when we passed on Sapp and Marino and countless others lol

• Like 1

Some of you are asking for impossible tasks. Imagine trying to sell someone a house at fantastic price but it needs work on just about everything. It’s in a bad neighborhood and the taxes suck. Now there’s someone else selling you a nicer house in a nicer area with low taxes and the house is just about ready to move in and the price is very similar. That’s what Joe Douglas is competing against. Good luck winning at sale. Only way to fix this piece of £€%# house is to invest in it to fix it up. One thing at a time. That is what the draft is to us. We are a piece of dog $#%@ house in the middle of the hood and we can’t seem to sell it. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

Some of you are asking for impossible tasks. Imagine trying to sell someone a house at fantastic price but it needs work on just about everything. It’s in a bad neighborhood and the taxes suck. Now there’s someone else selling you a nicer house in a nicer area with low taxes and the house is just about ready to move in and the price is very similar. That’s what Joe Douglas is competing against. Good luck winning at sale. Only way to fix this piece of £€%# house is to invest in it to fix it up. One thing at a time. That is what the draft is to us. We are a piece of dog $#%@ house in the middle of the hood and we can’t seem to sell it. 

I think as Jets fans, we reserve the right at this point to not give a crap about excuses.