2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

At least we would know the direction of the franchise somewhat. Because that’s still a mystery at this point 

2 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think so. Everything changed when we dropped down to No. 2.

With Lawrence, you can sell NYC, the cap space, the future, etc. Without him, you can't sell anything to anybody.

I think the evidence speaks for itself. JD will build the team his way and we will go as far or as short as his drafting will take us. I don’t think for one second if we had Lawerence that JD would be doing anything different than he has already, 

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think so. Everything changed when we dropped down to No. 2.

With Lawrence, you can sell NYC, the cap space, the future, etc. Without him, you can't sell anything to anybody.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Some of you are asking for impossible tasks. Imagine trying to sell someone a house at fantastic price but it needs work on just about everything. It’s in a bad neighborhood and the taxes suck. Now there’s someone else selling you a nicer house in a nicer area with low taxes and the house is just about ready to move in and the price is very similar. That’s what Joe Douglas is competing against. Good luck winning at sale. Only way to fix this piece of £€%# house is to invest in it to fix it up. One thing at a time. That is what the draft is to us. We are a piece of dog $#%@ house in the middle of the hood and we can’t seem to sell it. 

You said at 7 pm the **** is going to hit the fan you were only one minute off.

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Reminds me of that old video from Radio City with the fans when we passed on Sapp and Marino and countless others lol

Oh yeah.  I remember that day very well.  It was funny if you weren't a Jets fan, but then again, every team has passed on a Hall of Famer or two far more times than we probably realize.

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I think the evidence speaks for itself. JD will build the team his way and we will go as far or as short as his drafting will take us. I don’t think for one second if we had Lawerence that JD would be doing anything different than he has already, 

He wouldn't have to, because instead of chasing players he would be able to have players come to us.

That is what we lost when we won...two games.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Some of you are asking for impossible tasks. Imagine trying to sell someone a house at fantastic price but it needs work on just about everything. It’s in a bad neighborhood and the taxes suck. Now there’s someone else selling you a nicer house in a nicer area with low taxes and the house is just about ready to move in and the price is very similar. That’s what Joe Douglas is competing against. Good luck winning at sale. Only way to fix this piece of £€%# house is to invest in it to fix it up. One thing at a time. That is what the draft is to us. We are a piece of dog $#%@ house in the middle of the hood and we can’t seem to sell it. 

I get the analogy but we’ve said this regime after regime. At some point we need to take action. Last year we were coming off a great end to the year and could of gone out and strengthen but in fact we got worse. Cleveland were in the exact same boat yet they brought in talent both in FA and the draft and became a playoff team. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Oh yeah.  I remember that day very well.  It was funny if you weren't a Jets fan, but then again, every team has passed on a Hall of Famer or two far more times than we probably realize.

I can't wait for Jaguars to draft Wilson instead of Lawrence.😊

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think it made it more comical the fact it was in NY and the moans and groans from the fans just made it great TV. 

Just now, JetsandI said:

I can't wait for Jaguars to draft Wilson instead of Lawrence.😊

That possibility has definitely crossed my mind.  I was actually hoping that since Chris Simms has declared Wilson his #1 QB in the draft, maybe the Jets would give us a pick or two to jump ahead of us to get him.  Hahaha. 

Seriously though, it won't always be this way for these teams.  The down years move slowly sometimes, but before you know it, we could be playing each other in the AFCCG and looking back at days like this and laughing.

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

I think it made it more comical the fact it was in NY and the moans and groans from the fans just made it great TV. 

Definitely.  If it had just been a few fans booing, you would have had to feel sorry for them.  It was funny because of the big, rowdy crowd.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

That possibility has definitely crossed my mind.  I was actually hoping that since Chris Simms has declared Wilson his #1 QB in the draft, maybe the Jets would give us a pick or two to jump ahead of us to get him.  Hahaha. 

Seriously though, it won't always be this way for these teams.  The down years move slowly sometimes, but before you know it, we could be playing each other in the AFCCG and looking back at days like this and laughing.

You can't be serious (said with my best John McEnroe voice).

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Definitely.  If it had just been a few fans booing, you would have had to feel sorry for them.  It was funny because of the big, rowdy crowd.

It was like a rock concert and the Jets were the act who forgot their lines. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

This or we would compete for having the most top picks in 20's.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I said it this year last year and four years ago Macc, set this team back seven years with his horrible drafting & and bad player moves. Look how it has effect us today. Nobody wants to come here.

Edited by doumeyer