Week 17 GDT: Squish the Fish or Rest the best?

Trentwannabe

The regular season is coming to an end. Remarkably week 17 is here already and the Bills currently sit in the 2nd seed with a record of 12-3.

Coming to town are the surging Miami Dolphins who’s playoff hopes are on the line even though they are 10-5.  

Miami is starting Tua and potentially getting Parker back this week. Buffalo may be resting some starters even though what the players and coaches have said publicly suggest other wise. Buffalo can still get the 2nd seed with a loss, they would just need Pittsburgh to lose to Cleveland.

I think Sunday will end up being the Matt Barkley to Gabe Davis and Duke William show with some Moss, Singletary and Williams runs sprinkled in. Expect a vanilla offense and defense from the Bills. 

With Miami fighting for their life and Buffalo likely looking at the bigger picture, I suspect Miami comes out on top. But I think it’ll be a close game.

Dolphins 23

Bills 17.

*Note* If the Bills starters play a half or more, I’ll say Bills win 31-17.

With the ability to have the best record since 1992 on the line, the possibility of the 2 seed in our hands, I think you play the game as if it was week 1 or 8 you just go out there hope for no injuries and win this game to allow the team to have a chance at back to back home playoff games. Bills have been on fire and one team that is having a similar run is the Ravens as they are hot right now. If  Bills lose then they have to hope a browns win in order to not only lock in the 2 seed but avoid playing the ravens. I get injury and rest can be important but I think an easier road to the superbowl is even more beneficial. Ideally my scenario is Bills, Steelers, Titans, Colts, and Ravens win this weekend. Bills would face Dolphins, Steelers play colts, titans vs ravens. If you look at divisional round then the bills could play steelers at home while Kc has to play ravens or titans which both can give them some difficulty at this time of the year.

Not sure if this matters or not on your decision thinking but Browns just had another COVID breakout this morning so you cant count them as an easy win over steelers

Edited by soflbillsfan

Dolphins at Bills in January...takes me back to the Jan 1991 playoff game in the Buffalo snow where Miami dropped 34 pts on Buffalo and still lost by double digits (a common theme during important games vs Buffalo back then). That game was amusing with everyone slipping and sliding in the snow, it was a close one after Miami cut the lead to only 3 pts but shortly after another Bills TD the Fins fumbled a kickoff return enabling Buffalo to score 2 TD's in the blink of an eye and game over. I wonder how many TV remotes I've thrown through the years with a Marino-like quick release?

This game has a Don't Know vibe because Buffalo already clinched the division awhile back and aren't desperate for a win. Plus it might snow again. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Welp Fitzpatrick has COVID so it is sink or swim for Tua Week 17 and possibly round 1

No idea how Tua is allowed to play. There is video of them together sunday during game. And you cant tell me they werent near each other for QB meetings and practice.

29 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

No idea how Tua is allowed to play. There is video of them together sunday during game. And you cant tell me they werent near each other for QB meetings and practice.

Most likely, judging by the Dolphins practicing, the Dolphins are already quite confident who, where, and when Ryan contracted it and hasn't had close contact with anyone since (not a huge surprise; teams have been keeping backup QBs relatively isolated already recently, for obvious reasons).

Meaning it was probably a family member and after Saturday's game at Las Vegas. 

Of course, if they're wrong and another positive test comes between now and Sunday, we'd be completely screwed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

That’s assuming he had it before the game last week. Which is very unlikely. 

It’s no different then Yeldon being out but Singletary and Moss not being a close contact. 

On 12/31/2020 at 9:49 AM, bigbadbuff said:

I don't think we win even if we play our starters a full half.

I suspect we will be facing Cleveland first round. Which makes me INCREDIBLY sad.

I think we end up playing Colts.

Browns beats Steelers backup

Colts beat Jags

Ravens beat Bengals

Titans beat Texans

And Bills Beat Dolphins...

But who knows anything can happen. There are so many scenarios with 4 teams tied for 3 spots.

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Kroft has been inactive lately anyway but now without him and Gilliam available the Bills are thin at TE. Likely see a lot of Knox tomorrow.

Im expecting a Becker call up tomorrow... maybe a Duke Williams or JJ Nelson as well.