Week 17 GDT: Squish the Fish or Rest the best?

Trentwannabe

8 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills called up Becker, Antonio Williams, Dane Jackson and Mike Love.

Becker and Jackson were the free Covid call ups according to Sal.

Interesting list. Becker is a no brainer.  Mike Love suggests we might give Jerry Hughes a vet rest day. Jackson could mean we either sit White or give Norman a vets rest day. And Williams called up with Yeldon still on COVID List... doubt he will be active.

Kinda surprised we didnt bring up a reciever so we can move McKenzie into the Beasley role this weekend. 

3 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Interesting list. Becker is a no brainer.  Mike Love suggests we might give Jerry Hughes a vet rest day. Jackson could mean we either sit White or give Norman a vets rest day. And Williams called up with Yeldon still on COVID List... doubt he will be active.

Kinda surprised we didnt bring up a reciever so we can move McKenzie into the Beasley role this weekend. 

I think them bringing up Mike Love, really means that Trent Murphy is done. He clearly is in the dog house and should have been one to be let go at the beginning of the year, but with covid I see why they kept him as Espenesa is starting to finally carve out a much larger role then when the season started. 

I expect Dane Jackson to see some time on the field as they need to see what he can do with Norman being a fa and Levi being an RFA they only have tre, taron, and Gaines on the active roster next year. 

11 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills starting DEs and Tre White are inactive. Every other starter is active. 

Bills running a risk with only 7 active OL IMO.

Ty has an illness non covid related.

Bummer that tre isnt out there as I think he is a huge difference maker but better have him stay healthy then injured. I assume offense will play the 1st half and move on from there. 

9 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ty has an illness non covid related.

Bummer that tre isnt out there as I think he is a huge difference maker but better have him stay healthy then injured. I assume offense will play the 1st half and move on from there. 

Too bad about Ty. With his age and contract expiring I imagine we’re looking for a new swing tackle next year.

The flow of this game will be interesting. If we see the browns up big on Pittsburgh, I imagine guys start coming out. 

5 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Let's see what AJ Epenesa can make an impact. I'm good with this.

Him, Daryl Johnson and Mike Love should all be pretty fresh and rearing to go and make a name for themselves. 

Last year Duke Williams performance helped earn him a roster spot for the WC game. Wonder if that happen today for someone.