2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

Gasp.. you didn't include Rondale Moore, I thought he was your favorite player in the draft! 

I'm also surprised you don't love Toney from Florida given how explosive he is. 

What do you see in Sam Ehlinger? I haven't seen any Texas games so I don't know anything about him.. he is a projected 2nd/3rd rounder or a late round flyer type of guy?

Edited by Crimmage

44 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Gasp.. you didn't include Rondale Moore, I thought he was your favorite player in the draft! 

I'm also surprised you don't love Toney from Florida given how explosive he is. 

What do you see in Sam Ehlinger? I haven't seen any Texas games so I don't know anything about him.. he is a projected 2nd/3rd rounder or a late round flyer type of guy?

Ya I noticed that. Most of these guys are favorites . Odiously I missed on Moore. 🥵 I left off a ton of the 1st rounders which i like but to list them would be stating the oblivious.  Toney scares me. Gator WRs don't seem to pan out in the NFL. Plus I'm gun shy when it comes to the Pats with Gator players. Ya I know Trask is one, maybe I'm desperate for a QB!

Ehlinger I watched all his videos and read up on him. There's a big question with the coaching at Texas. What I like is he started as a freshman. His career did not meet the expectation that many had for him,  but I try to look around that and see if he has the skills  to work with, IMO he does. He also is a monster running the ball. 

IMO the Pats coaching might be the ticket for him to max his talent, which fits right in to what they are doing now. The worse case scenario is he's not starter material however he can be just like Taysom Hill. He would be a major asset at the goal line with the pass run option.

Edited by m haynes

8 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

But..but.. Chad Jackson!, he had that awesome redzone TD once.. he was a Florida wr! .. lowers head and walks away sobbing .. 

It amazing how many Gators we drafted that were complete bust.

Also Just watch the Ehlinger video again . Boy can he run.

I think college coaching is the key when you aren't drafting in the top 5 to guarantee day 1 ready QB's. A guy who has all the tools but it was hidden behind bad coaching or a bad scheme for their skillset. In all honesty I thought that's what we were getting in Stidham but that's a different story. Is that how a guy like Russel Wilson slid to the 3rd round? Or was it really just his height? 

I don't like that Ehlinger only threw 60% when a guy like Trask was 68% .. is he not accurate or is it a matter of scheme again? Seeing Cam makes me terrified of any college QB who isn't considered accurate. Does he have no good receivers? a terrible scheme? Looking purely based off stats he had a much better season last year, any particular reason why he didn't come out as a junior? 

Does he comp to an older Josh Allen coming out of college? A quick google search brings up articles believing he could go in the 6th round or be undrafted.. and is a better college QB than pro ( someone even called him Tim Tebow.. ouch) 

Either way I'm kind of hoping that we double dip at QB in the draft and add a veteran in the offseason. Given how hard it is to find "the guy" i'm totally ok with taking a flyer on a QB in the 4th round or later every season till we get someone ( outside of the typical first 2 round QB that you give a few years to hopefully become the guy). 

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

I think college coaching is the key when you aren't drafting in the top 5 to guarantee day 1 ready QB's. A guy who has all the tools but it was hidden behind bad coaching or a bad scheme for their skillset. In all honesty I thought that's what we were getting in Stidham but that's a different story. Is that how a guy like

Russel Wilson slid to the 3rd round? Or was it really just his height? 

It was the scheme and his height that knock him down to the 3rd. 

I don't like that Ehlinger only threw 60% when a guy like Trask was 68% ..

is he not accurate

He needs more consistency in his throwing motion. He sometimes he gets out over his front leg and he looks like he's throwing a javelin. IMO easy fit.  Based on all the thing I read, he had no help at all from a coaching stand point. They said the place was like a zoo.

or is it a matter of scheme again? Seeing Cam makes me terrified of any college QB who isn't considered accurate. Does he have no good receivers? a terrible scheme? Looking purely based off stats he had a much better season last year,

any particular reason why he didn't come out as a junior? 

Yes   He and his father had a dream his son would be a Longhorn QB. They bleed orange. Unfortunately his father died.

Does he comp to an older Josh Allen coming out of college? A quick google search brings up articles believing he could go in the

6th round or be undrafted.. and is a better college QB than pro ( someone even called him Tim Tebow.. ouch) 

Ya I read that. I thought it was a joke. Watch the kid throw, the  comparison is ridiculous.

Either way I'm kind of hoping that we double dip at QB in the draft and add a veteran in the offseason. Given how hard it is to find "the guy" i'm totally ok with taking a flyer on a QB in the 4th round or later every season till we get someone ( outside of the typical first 2 round QB that you give a few years to hopefully become the guy). 

You made a great point with Allen. Ehlinger doesn't have his arm but IMO he is way ahead of him coming into the (understanding the position) NFL. 

Sorry if this is confusing . I was trying a different way to respond.

He and his father had a dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-olCH8jQb4w

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

Ok Crim you ask for it. 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7VaH1drcrE

I going to say it, Moore is the most dominate offensive weapon in the draft. I would take him over any other player in the draft other than Lawrence, Wilson, and  Sewell.

Just watch the tape. There is not one player in this draft that can change the outcome of game like he does.  He Jules on steroids and the added bonus he can go long.

• Like 1

Moore's biggest issue this draft is his durability, GM's may be scared off by it in the first round... that and the fact that there are so many good WR in this draft similar to last draft. You could have another ~6-8 WR drafted this year who make big impacts right away. 

16 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Moore's biggest issue this draft is his durability, GM's may be scared off by it in the first round... that and the fact that there are so many good WR in this draft similar to last draft. You could have another ~6-8 WR drafted this year who make big impacts right away. 

Well we know one thing BB is not worried about injuries coming out of college! 😄   I love the other WRs in the draft especially Chase, however not one of them can do the this kid can do for your offense.  Also he matches up with our system better than anyone in this draft.  Our offense is basically jet sweep, WR screen. work the middle, pass to the backs, screens. He does this better than anyone and he gives you the add bonus of breaking everyone of them to the house. One missed tackle and he's gone!

Added  I can't get a fix on Z Collins the LB Tulsa . Can he play physical in the middle?

Edited by m haynes

18 hours ago, m haynes said:

It amazing how many Gators we drafted that were complete bust.

Also Just watch the Ehlinger video again . Boy can he run.

Yeah he runs. So much so that it was seriously suggested he fills in at Tight End at Texas. 

He will be drafted, but he's like a day 2 or 3 QB selection I think. 

Is Levi the only DL you like? Any other monsters in the middle we could take a look at?

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah he runs. So much so that it was seriously suggested he fills in at Tight End at Texas. 

He will be drafted, but he's like a day 2 or 3 QB selection I think. 

Is Levi the only DL you like? Any other monsters in the middle we could take a look at?

I haven't found one . There must be a fattie that has nothing written/video about him. There's a kid from Iowa but I didn't like the film on him.

13 hours ago, m haynes said:

I haven't found one . There must be a fattie that has nothing written/video about him. There's a kid from Iowa but I didn't like the film on him.

There's Tufele of USC...

"Pros: Jay aligns at defensive tackle for the Trojan even front defense. He aligns at the 1 shade and the 3 tech for the Trojan defense and is a capable projection to either role at the pro level as well.  He is a good athlete with good quickness, balance on the interior and body control. In the passing game, he is sufficient to generate pressure. Tufele is an explosive athlete who uses his powerful hands to defeat interior linemen inside and get to the QB. He does a good job pushing the depth of the pocket as an interior rusher and has an effective bull rush, as well. In the run game he is very good at the point of attack. He comes off the ball hard, defeats his blocker, shows good agility to get through trash and finds the football. He is extremely difficult to single block when his pad level is good and flashes dominance in both the run and the pass game. 

Cons: This is a player who has some dominant reps over the course of the game. He can afford to be more consistent at playing with good pad level. He has a swim move that he uses inside, however, he can afford to develop a legitimate counter and complimentary move as well. Overall, this is a very good football player who simply needs consistency"

sounds like a pass rusher though. I want a Brandon Williams

Edited by Hunter2_1

Fields performance last night did a lot to help him try and stay as the #2 QB in this draft. I wonder what the Jets are going to think of him.. or if they feel that the only player better than Darnold for them would be Lawrence. 

Chris Olave made himself a lot of money too, he had a hell of a day. Teams could he hoping for him to be this seasons Justin Jefferson and take him ~20-25 after the top 3 guys are taken. 

43 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Fields performance last night did a lot to help him try and stay as the #2 QB in this draft. I wonder what the Jets are going to think of him.. or if they feel that the only player better than Darnold for them would be Lawrence. 

Chris Olave made himself a lot of money too, he had a hell of a day. Teams could he hoping for him to be this seasons Justin Jefferson and take him ~20-25 after the top 3 guys are taken. 

I have to admit I did not watch the entire game however my opinion on Fields stays the same. I thought I would finally get to watch Fields against a good team and really get a good idea if he has what it takes to be franchise QB.

Total disappointment. Clemson defense stinks, they are carried by their great offense. Once Lawrence leaves that's all you will here from that college. Just like Florida ST when Bowden left.

Fields had 6 seconds to throw. How can you judge him. Especially last night. Clemson best corner was horrible,  lucky to be drafted!!! I was so frustrated.  I stared to turn the channel!!!! Did you see Clemson defense they has no glue how to line up. AYFGM!!!

Chris Olave ----  already have him on my FAV list. 😁 I told you I was a draft guru!!!!🤣

Next week will be the test. Hopefully. You have the Trask game to compare. The 6 seconds in the pocket, he better be much better than ( 3 sec in the pocket) Trask.

Edited by m haynes