2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Kiss of death. " hopefully they actually draft him." He's better than HR. He killed it at the SR Bowl he's a 2nd RD pick,early 3rd.  That what we need in this offense.

He isn't a blow the top off the defense type of guy, but he can do a lot of the shifty things that Edelman used to do. I'm not convinced Edelman will even be on this team next season, but I love bringing in guys from winning organizations who have the talent to make the same impact at the next level. This draft has SOOO many good WR that I think he could def be there in the 3rd, probably not comp 3rd but I fully expect BB to want more picks this season and trade back with either the 1st or 2nd round pick. He's especially going to want to gather 6th round picks so he can draft 2 or 3 starters on the OL. 

They will still need a burner though to pair along with him and Meyers though. Especially given the teams focus on running the ball, they need at least one guy who can keep safeties off the line of scrimmage so Meyers/Rodgers have room to work. That could be a circumstance where Damiere Byrd comes back to fill that void if they cant find someone better. 

Great article on Terence Marshall.

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-rookie-profile-terrace-marshall-jr-fantasy-football/

At this time. 

I'll be bull crap if he's there at 46 and the Pats don't take him.  He's from LSU so he's already a pro. Number 1 guy first day.

The only other  guy they could take is Rondale Moore who IMO will be lone gone.

PS I laughed when all the teams passed on Jefferson last year.  That will go with Chase as well. Who is the number 1 WR in this draft. Its him and all the rest.

Edited by m haynes

On 2/12/2021 at 7:12 PM, m haynes said:

You could be right. The draft so call experts are now saying 5 QBs could be taken higher than 15 that pushes down great players. Your looking at Parson, Surtain and Farley.  you have to figure Dallas goes for one of the CBs.

Shet I should of read further. Basically what @crimm said

This is exactly why I think we should go for best available for the next several years. Maybe sign a veteran QB or trade for one like KC did with Alex Smith, but reload the roster with talent the next few years.

QB needy teams are making this mistake and we could land a really, really talented player at 15.

We'll see how the first 14 picks shake out but best available is the most important to me. 

If 5 QBs go, that means only 9 players at other positions go before our pick. Based on what the mocks say, I'd say the most likely position for us will be WR or CB. I'd trade Gilmore either way but if we draft a CB, then for sure and pay JC.

15 hours ago, m haynes said:

Great article on Terence Marshall.

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-rookie-profile-terrace-marshall-jr-fantasy-football/

At this time. 

I'll be bull crap if he's there at 46 and the Pats don't take him.  He's from LSU so he's already a pro. Number 1 guy first day.

The only other  guy they could take is Rondale Moore who IMO will be lone gone.

PS I laughed when all the teams passed on Jefferson last year.  That will go with Chase as well. Who is the number 1 WR in this draft. Its him and all the rest.

Funny how the more I research the draft the more I don't want a WR with the first pick. So many guys who could make major impacts on this team, now I don't expect them to try and round out the entire receiving corp with rookies but a double dip could certainly happen. 

If they want a LB who can make an impact, they will need to take him early, WR / S / DL / OL / CB can all be had in the 2nd round or later. 

Don't be surprised if you see a RB in the top 3-4 rounds either.. Harris/Michel/Burkhead haven't been 100% heavy either.. if they can land a RB who is good catching the ball too, I would expect them to take him with White likely leaving. 

Edited by Crimmage
  • Like 1

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/daelin-hayes-nfl-draft-player-profile-notre-dame-edge/

https://nesn.com/2021/02/nfl-draft-rumors-patriots-met-virtually-with-notre-dame-pass-rusher/

Daelin Hayes ND.  Pats interviewed him. He has size BB looks for on D.

---------------------------------------------------

Pats talked to Kenny Yeboah TE Old Miss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDvXuzCAk8

16 minutes ago, m haynes said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/daelin-hayes-nfl-draft-player-profile-notre-dame-edge/

https://nesn.com/2021/02/nfl-draft-rumors-patriots-met-virtually-with-notre-dame-pass-rusher/

Daelin Hayes ND.  Pats interviewed him. He has size BB looks for on D.

---------------------------------------------------

Pats talked to Kenny Yeboah TE Old Miss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDvXuzCAk8

Two notes: 

We know that BB only drafts Michigan edge rushers nowadays lol 

Yeboah from everything I've read is a project. Why would you draft a project after you drafted 2 already?? I think he is more receiver than blocker too.. seems very much like a duplicate player to Asiasi 

2 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Two notes: 

We know that BB only drafts Michigan edge rushers nowadays lol 

Yeboah from everything I've read is a project. Why would you draft a project after you drafted 2 already?? I think he is more receiver than blocker too.. seems very much like a duplicate player to Asiasi 

I think he's a lower RD possibility. Me I don't see the need to drfat a TE unless one fall into your lap and the value is to much to pass on.  And no, I don't want Pitts at 15. 

The players I listed had a virtual meeting  with the Pats .  I have nothing on the players.

What are the odds BB carries 4 TE's on the roster next year? 

I know that Keene played all over the field in college, maybe he transitions more to FB? Vitale seemed like a good option for them there though. 

To me it seems like an awful idea to have 3 essentially rookie TE's and no veteran brought in. The odds of keeping 4 on the roster seems really unlikely.. so I would pass on TE unless you're absolutely blown away. In which case you better focus on them in the offense so you're getting value out of having so many on the roster. 

Jonnu Smith is a great target, sign him to pair with Asiasi and then focus on WR in the draft

• Jonnu is only 25 with 4 years experience
  • Has a lot of potential but hasn't hit over 500 yards in a season so he should be much cheaper than Henry. Could 3 years, 18 million work for both sides? 
Edited by Crimmage

9 hours ago, Crimmage said:

What are the odds BB carries 4 TE's on the roster next year? 

I know that Keene played all over the field in college, maybe he transitions more to FB? Vitale seemed like a good option for them there though. 

To me it seems like an awful idea to have 3 essentially rookie TE's and no veteran brought in. The odds of keeping 4 on the roster seems really unlikely.. so I would pass on TE unless you're absolutely blown away. In which case you better focus on them in the offense so you're getting value out of having so many on the roster. 

Jonnu Smith is a great target, sign him to pair with Asiasi and then focus on WR in the draft

• Jonnu is only 25 with 4 years experience
  • Has a lot of potential but hasn't hit over 500 yards in a season so he should be much cheaper than Henry. Could 3 years, 18 million work for both sides? 

Really like Smith. Is a great TE after the catch, and works the zones well. Not sure what he's like as a blocker, but as a receiver, he's up there