2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Another Jennings?

No, He plays like he's at least "awake" from what I see which is limited. They say he a 5/6th rd pick however he does play with a motor unlike Jennings.   By the way Jennings was one of the players that I didn't want the Pats to draft. 

It looks like he relies to much on physical gifts but has limited technique, he does make an effort.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Parson's character concern is that he got into a fight with another PSU player, and another time where he reacted badly to a 'racist' instagram post. 

https://lionstalk.com/t/micah-parsons-character-issues/8965

I don't think we're talking Reek Hill with him

I read some of the comments from the article and there is concerns with Parsons other than this case. It's his maturity. Someone posted in the comments  section,  " Bucky Brooks, who is a Parsons family friend, calling him immature."

https://twitter.com/billym_91/status/1347575759012032516

I don't know what Brooks relationship is with Parsons however the Pats have to really take a look before they choose him.

I would be concerned about his maturity and what will happens after he gets millions. Parsons just alone on talent will be the face of your franchise, will it be a good or bad look ! I just don't know.

Look I'm not questing his talent but we have see this time and time again. Money and maturity goes hand in hand.

I don't think BB will have to think about Parsons much.. some GM is going to fall in love with his tape and draft him before the Patriots have a chance. 

BB is probably hoping that one of the top 3 CB are available.. all three of them have a chance to be elite.. and we know how much Patriots defense changed once they added an elite corner. 

• Like 1

Here is a fascinating article on the QBs in the draft. Here's is Junes Jones evaluations. It's his professional opinion.

I'm not looking for a debate if he's right or wrong but what he saying about the QB's. He gives you ( I assume) valid points that he observed and justifies. 

I know it's his opinion but you have to respect his knowledge of the game.

Look,  I'm taking Lawrence 1st but I have to question why? Is it becasue I watched him and read and been told how great he is or do I or the  so call draft experts  really know the difference!

Also a lot of what he is saying is the crap I have been pointing  out on the Pats board. 😁  Lance is a 2/3 RD pick!!! Wilson is a stud and Jones is a better QB than most give him credit for.

Last I know its one opinion but someone such as BB might think the same and have the balls to pass on Lawrence. I'm just thinking out loud here. There is no way others GMs could pass on Lawrence without folding under the pressure and the outcry of fans.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-trevor-lawrence-qb-3-thats-how-one-former-nfl-coach-grades-him-205523234.html

Edited by m haynes

21 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I don't think BB will have to think about Parsons much.. some GM is going to fall in love with his tape and draft him before the Patriots have a chance. 

BB is probably hoping that one of the top 3 CB are available.. all three of them have a chance to be elite.. and we know how much Patriots defense changed once they added an elite corner. 

This seems likely, for me

Mac Jones has grown on me to the point where I wouldn't break my TV if he was drafted at 15.

To say he is better than Lawrence is a stretch, and say it's because of Lawrence's receiving talent making plays for him to look more accurate than he is.. yikes. 

Jones is def accurate, but I don't think he's as accurate as his numbers.. nobody is, 77% completion is nuts. His receivers def made plays for him to look more accurate than he is. 

I'm ok with a rookie starting, but I really hope they are given talent around them.. putting a rookie through this offense will ruin them

Edited by Crimmage

Pats draft Jones and also build a formidable  OL using a 2nd pick on OT. There are really good OTs in the 2nd rd. Players like.

Jalen Mayfield  Michigan Wolverines

Jackson Carman Clemson Tigers

Liam Eichenberg Notre Dame

Teven Jenkins Oklahoma

Example You now have  Jalen Mayfield, Wynn, Andrews Mason, Onwenu Or a combination with the players listed. You than go after WRs such as Terrace Marshall Jr., Elijah Moore and Tylan Wallace.

IMO Very impressive offense with the backs we have on the roster.

PS Gilmore traded to Dallas pick 44.

• Like 1

Pats contact

Buffalo running back Jaret Patterson

https://nesn.com/2021/02/patriots-2021-nfl-draft-rumors-jaret-patterson-meeting-contac

Also What i like to do when I look at players videos is to also check other players that are not highlighted in the video.  The Buffalo center #62, 6'5" 300lbs, stood out. He was crushing people.

Looked him up, this is what I found. 

Highest-graded centers

1. Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa - 91.5 2. Landon Dickerson, Bama - 91.3 3. Mike Novitsky, Buffalo - 91.2 4. Drake Jackson, UK - 89.5

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1342198862442803210

Edited by m haynes

37 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

If David Andrews somehow doesn't resign with the team, you've got a lot of day 1 starter Centers in this draft. 

Definitely want DA back but I'm always looking for future replacement for veteran. As I have mentioned in other post. I hate when we are shorthanded on the OL. When DA went out we were lost for a replacement for the whole season. It stinks!

Every time I have theses OL thoughts I hear in my hollow head,   Newhouse Newhouse Newhouse!!!😁

I'm actually surprised Andrews hasn't been resigned already, on the open market he could get 10+ Million. I expected him to settle in the 7-8 Million range because he seemed like a guy who really wanted to stay here for his entire career. I wonder if the team has concerns about his health long term which is why they may let him walk. 

As long as Scar is still around as a consultant to help pick which OL to draft, they could honestly find a guy late and I'm sure they would be fine. If i remember correctly Andrews was an UDFA and he started his first season. 

The plan may have been to have Dustin Woodward learn for a year then take over.. but ya know.. he retired like 2 weeks after being drafted lol

Phil Perry's Mock;

1st round

15: TRADE - 15th overall + 46th overall + 2022 2nd round pick to Atlanta

moved to 4th: Zach Wilson, QB

2nd round

recoup the 2nd round pick by trading Stephon Gillmore to 49ers

43; Walker Little, T (considered one of the best players, not just tackles, in football in 2018. It's a Gronk-like pick. Robbery in the 2nd round)

3rd round

96; Benjamin st Juste, CB (he has us working on CBs in FA too. This guy is a 6'3 corner)

4th round

120; Marlon Tuipulotu, DT (Lawrence Guy comp)

139; Hunter Long, TE

145; Shi Smith, WR

5th round

159; Adetokunbo Ogundeji, EDGE

I'm not sure about trading back into 2nd round to pick a good but injured tackle. Otherwise, I love this...

I think it would take a lot more than that to get up to 4. At minimum the 2022 2nd being a 1st rounder. 

A 2nd round pick is about as good as we could expect for Gilmore, but at the end of the day we know this draft would be judged 100% on if Wilson is a franchise QB. 

I admittedly don't really like the rest of his draft, we've already drafted an injured high upside tackle in Cajuste and I don't think he's ever seen the field. 

I would hope that BB put a lot of money in the offense if he had a draft like this because otherwise Wilson has nothing to work with