2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

IMO the 2nd and 3rd pick in the draft is key. If the Jets are foolish enough to pass on Wilson and Dolphins ( which I can't see happening)  keep the pick all bets are off BB will sell the farm.

I also would  go after Jones (ya I know 😁) I think he's perfect for this offense. Smart, accurate, calm and doesn't make mistakes or turnover the ball.  Play action would be deadly with our new weapons.

With Cam back in the fold, I'm now more open to a guy like Fields or Lance.

I think Jones would be fine, but I am skeptical of low-ceiling guys. The comparisons to Brady have me wary because frankly they all seem to overlook what really makes Brady what he is, and that's his psychopathic obsession with being great at football. A guy with the same physical tools and scouting report coming out of college is more likely to end up the next Brian Hoyer or Matt Barkley if he lacks that little spark of insanity that's always driven Brady. 

I think we can all agree Wilson is going to be out of reach. 

Anyone else I'd imagine will be available at 4, I wonder how much would need to be given up to get there. 2 firsts, 2nd next year and 3rd this year? 

With the free agent frenzy I'm also prepared for BB to offer 3 firsts, 2 seconds, a third, Asiasi, Harry, Michel, and Dugger for Watson lol

17 minutes ago, Starless said:

With Cam back in the fold, I'm now more open to a guy like Fields or Lance.

I think Jones would be fine, but I am skeptical of low-ceiling guys. The comparisons to Brady have me wary because frankly they all seem to overlook what really makes Brady what he is, and that's his psychopathic obsession with being great at football. A guy with the same physical tools and scouting report coming out of college is more likely to end up the next Brian Hoyer or Matt Barkley if he lacks that little spark of insanity that's always driven Brady. 

Same, I am totally for Fields. 

2 hours ago, Starless said:

but I am skeptical of low-ceiling guys

This is what I don't get. Number one why do you see a low ceiling for Jones. Never mine, forget that, You say that about Jones, than you turn around and you are OK with taking a complete risk with Lance. I just don't get it.

Some positions which will likely be addressed in this draft: (outside of the obvious QB) 

- C ( Ted Karras Replacement in the middle rounds) 

- LT / RT ( Wynn and Brown may not be around after this season) 

- WR ( Agholor deal could only be 1 yr, Harry could be traded, Edelman retirement, etc. ) 

- RB ( Sony gone after this year, James White Gone now) 

- LB ( Hightower replacement after this year)

- CB ( Gilmore / Jackson replacements)  

Potential Draft Candidates:  

• Alex Leatherwood OT
  • Liam Eichenberg OT
  • Quinn Meinerz IOL
  • Mike Menet IOL
  • Jaycee Horn  CB
  • Asante Samuel jr CB
  • Ifeatu Melifonwu CB
  • Baron Browning LB
  • Dylan Moses LB
  • Zaven Collins LB
  • Kenneth Gainwell RB
  • Demeric Felton RB
  • Javonte Williams RB
  • Elijah Moore WR
  • Terrace Marshall WR
  • D'Wayne Eskridge WR
Edited by Crimmage

here's my patriots big board for the first two days, guys I expect and would be happy with:

draft prospects 2021

zach wilson, qb

trevor lawrence, qb

kyle pitts, wr/te

justin fields, qb

ja'marr chase, wr

jaycee horn, cb

christian barmore, dt

jaylen waddle, wr

trevon moehrig, s

aaron banks, g/t

rashawn slater, t/g

zavon collins, lb

baron browning, lb

ihmir smith-marsette, wr

amon-ra st. brown, wr

rashad weaver, de/olb

kellen mond, qb

mac jones, qb

kyle trask, qb

jalen mayfield, t/g

tyson campbell, cb

terrace marshall jr, wr

elijah molden, cb/s

trey lance, qb

daviyon nixon, nt

michal menet, c/g

jackson carman, t

asante samuel jr, cb/s

nico collins, wr

devanta smith, wr

kelvin joseph, cb/fs

alex leatherwood, t/g

alijah vera-tucker, t/g

rashod bateman, wr

rondale moore, wr/rb

josh myers, c/g

jayson oweh, olb/de

carlos basham jr, de

creed humphrey, c

kadarius toney, wr/kr

levi onwuzurike, dt

jaylen twyman, dt

kwity paye, olb

I do not see a low ceiling with Mac Jones. He doesn't look great physically but he can spin and his accuracy is also tremendous. Trey Lance is too much risk for me personally, same with Fields. 

With Jones I see a starter either way but I also could see him being much more than that. If the Patriots can get him, I would be happy. If they miss there, might as well get an impact player at 15 and go for Mond in round 2.

48 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I'm a Jones guy.  IMO he's going to flourish in the NFL. Unfortunately its will not be with the Pats.  I would love @Crimmage scenario (Trade for Minu) as well but he also can only dream.

I changed my top pick for 15, it's JC Horn .  IMO he's the #1 target at 15.

Checked both players yesterday JC is now my guy.  He dynamic. WOW.

Also, you know how a 1st RD is 50/50 to make it in the NFL. Well if Horn doesn't make it at CB, he will be another  McCourty with Rodneys toughness😁.

He will be the face and leader of the defense.

PS I still don't get the @  sign. 🥵

If you miss out on Jaycee Horn in the first, there are a few corners in the second round worth drafting. Tyson Campbell is a step down from Horn as a prospect but gives you a lot of the same potential. Asante Samuel Jr. and Kelvin Joseph are next in my pecking order with Elijah Molden in the mix too for the late 2nd into the 3rd round.

39 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

If you miss out on Jaycee Horn in the first, there are a few corners in the second round worth drafting. Tyson Campbell is a step down from Horn as a prospect but gives you a lot of the same potential. Asante Samuel Jr. and Kelvin Joseph are next in my pecking order with Elijah Molden in the mix too for the late 2nd into the 3rd round.

Ya agree Dole, but we taking Mond with our 2nd RD pick or using it in trade to get him.  You like CB check this guy .  Kelvin Joseph CB. Can play multiple  positions. Lower RDs gem.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kelvin-joseph-nfl-draft-player-profile-kentucky-cornerback/

18 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Ya agree Dole, but we taking Mond with our 2nd RD pick or using it in trade to get him.  You like CB check this guy .  Kelvin Joseph CB. Can play multiple  positions. Lower RDs gem.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kelvin-joseph-nfl-draft-player-profile-kentucky-cornerback/

59 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Honestly I don't think a QB NEEDS to be drafted this year. If a guy falls to us, great. However, I think it should be BPA all the way with how the roster is constructed at the moment. We have so much flexibility on our roster. 

I think they are prepared to draft a QB high or trade for a good vet. Doesn't mean it should happen, but I think it will.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think they are prepared to draft a QB high or trade for a good vet. Doesn't mean it should happen, but I think it will.

I think it nuts not to come out of this draft without a QB.  You should get a QB and CB with your first two picks.

This is set up for a QB in this draft. There are 6 that have a legit shot based on all that been said about this class. i don't believe that but that another issue, lets say that's true. To not come out of this draft without a QB is a complete waste concerning FA signings. Longest contract with the offensive signing is 4 years!!!!

What happen if Cam AND THIS TEAM take us to the 1st RD of the playoffs we are now a year later and picking at 25!!!!

I don't care if Lance is the guy and I can't stand his game or future. You have take one. I don't want to here the excuse that we didn't feel there was a QB there to pick, than trade.  I don't want to hear ridicules crap from  BB the draft king. Anyone that takes Richards can risk a 2nd in a trade!!!!

Anyone that is OK with no QB drafted has to explain how they would get one in the next 3/4 years. If you reason is a veteran that a good player don't bother, it a waste of time and laughable.

Edited by m haynes