2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

17 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

here's my patriots big board for the first two days, guys I expect and would be happy with:

draft prospects 2021

zach wilson, qb

trevor lawrence, qb

penei sewell, t

kyle pitts, wr/te

justin fields, qb

ja'marr chase, wr

jaycee horn, cb

christian barmore, dt

jaylen waddle, wr

trevon moehrig, s

aaron banks, g

rashawn slater, t/g

christian darrisaw, t/g

zavon collins, lb

baron browning, lb

ihmir smith-marsette, wr

amon-ra st. brown, wr

rashad weaver, de/olb

kellen mond, qb

mac jones, qb

kyle trask, qb

jalen mayfield, t/g

tyson campbell, cb

terrace marshall jr, wr

elijah molden, cb/s

trey lance, qb

daviyon nixon, nt

michal menet, c/g

jackson carman, t

asante samuel jr, cb/s

nico collins, wr

devanta smith, wr

kelvin joseph, cb/fs

alex leatherwood, t/g

alijah vera-tucker, t/g

rashod bateman, wr

rondale moore, wr/rb

josh myers, c/g

jayson oweh, olb/de

carlos basham jr, de

creed humphrey, c

kadarius toney, wr/kr

levi onwuzurike, dt

jaylen twyman, dt

kwity paye, olb

Added Christian Darrisaw and Penei Sewell to this. Everything else remains the same as in original post.

Any prospects you hate/love from this board?

Love: 

• Jaycee Horn
  • Zavon Collins
  • Asante Samuel jr 
  • Kwity Paye
  • Daviyon Nixon

Hate: 

• Nico Collins ( don't need another N'Keal Harry) 
  • Kadarius Toney ( I think he's going to be Cordarelle Patterson at best..bust)

Lukewarm: 

• Christian Barmore ( overrated, going to get overdrafted) 
  • Baron Browning ( For every amazingly athletic play, I see another missed tackle that looks like BB wouldn't like him) 
  • Kellen Mond ( seems to have all the tools, lots of college experience, played well in senior bowl .. i'm getting more interested over time in him being drafted here) 
  • Terrace Marshall ( could be a #1, seemed to have drop issues though) 
  • Rondale Moore ( he would be perfect, but worry about injuries)
  • Kyle Trask ( In the right situation maybe he turns into Kirk Cousins) 

Those are the people on the list who stood out to me, I didn't bother with any prospects who I don't believe will at least last till 15. 

I know you seem to be big fan of Ihmir Smith-Marsette and Amon-ra St. Brown .. can you give me a breakdown on them? Don't know anything about either prospect ( they guys in the round 2-4 range?)

58 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Kwity Paye

Disagree on Paye. I see a guy with short arms who get overpowered and isn't athletic enough to compensate as a DE. If all he is asked to do is stand up and rush the passer then I can see the potential but otherwise I think people will be disappointed. Michigan doesn't have a great track record with edge guys. Winovich is the best.

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

I know you seem to be big fan of Ihmir Smith-Marsette and Amon-ra St. Brown .. can you give me a breakdown on them? Don't know anything about either prospect ( they guys in the round 2-4 range?)

Ihmir is a first round talent to me. Has the hand eye coordination, speed/quickness, route running, discipline, and patience of a good NFL receiver. Played at Iowa and did a lot of blocking so I think his production is less than the more hyped receivers. He is the type of receiver the Steelers always seem to get between day 2 and 3 that every other team passes up inexplicably.

St. Brown has a lot of the great traits that polished prospects have. Plus jump ball guy, big frame, requisite speed and route running. Just a solid player. Kind of like USC alum Robert Woods but with a little more height advantage that he uses well to his advantage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Added Christian Darrisaw and Penei Sewell to this. Everything else remains the same as in original post.

These are the players I want no part of. Except the QBs. This is the year to draft one, even if its a gamble.

justin fields, qb ------ He a hit or miss. Can he read a defense.  I won't complain is he's all you can get.

amon-ra st. brown, wr ---  Hell no, I hate his game. Slow speed and quickness. Another Harry profile.

trey lance, qb  ----  Last QB I would take. Shows nothing other than an arm and legs. HS offense in college.

daviyon nixon, nt  ---- Doesn't fit in Pats scheme. He a shoot the gap player. No effective against the run.

nico collins, wr    -----   Hell no, I hate his game. Slow speed and quickness. Another Harry profile.
rashod bateman, wr ----  Hell no, I hate his game. Slow speed and quickness. Another Harry profile. 4.3 my butt!!
carlos basham jr, de  ---- To small can't play 2 gap at he pro level.

kadarius toney, wr/kr ----- I hate FLA players. WR never pan pot at the next level. Kiss of death for the Pats!!!

Note when I see the comment,  best strength is 50/50 balls it tell me he can't separate.

Edited by m haynes

On 3/18/2021 at 5:12 PM, Crimmage said:

Love: 

• Jaycee Horn
  • Zavon Collins
  • Asante Samuel jr 
  • Kwity Paye
  • Daviyon Nixon

Hate: 

• Nico Collins ( don't need another N'Keal Harry) 
  • Kadarius Toney ( I think he's going to be Cordarelle Patterson at best..bust)

Lukewarm: 

• Christian Barmore ( overrated, going to get overdrafted) 
  • Baron Browning ( For every amazingly athletic play, I see another missed tackle that looks like BB wouldn't like him) 
  • Kellen Mond ( seems to have all the tools, lots of college experience, played well in senior bowl .. i'm getting more interested over time in him being drafted here) 
  • Terrace Marshall ( could be a #1, seemed to have drop issues though) 
  • Rondale Moore ( he would be perfect, but worry about injuries)
  • Kyle Trask ( In the right situation maybe he turns into Kirk Cousins) 

Those are the people on the list who stood out to me, I didn't bother with any prospects who I don't believe will at least last till 15. 

Horn is a player I love as well. He is just putting up elite testing numbers, I don't think he is there at 15. With corner being a premium position I could see there being a run at the position in the teens. Samuel will go higher than expected imo.

On 3/18/2021 at 4:25 PM, DoleINGout said:

Horn. I fully expect him to be an All Pro corner. I wouldn't mind that pick at 15 at all if we don't love a QB but he won't be there. He is too talented.

18 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

absolutely LOVE him. He defends slants, go's and fades really well and he is hard nosed and comes up to make tackles in the run game and even blitzes. Great tackle technique and always goes after the ball. 

• Like 2

After this offseason, nope. 

They have 80 players signed right now.. 10 draft picks already.. what's he going to do with more picks? 

Unless he is trading picks out into next years draft I don't see much of a point in stockpiling picks. 

Gilmore/Jackson could be gone after this season.. drafting a top end corner who can get ready to take over is a good decision. Hell I'd be all for packaging picks to trade back into the first to be able to grab a QB and Corner in the first round if they are the right guys. 

• Like 1

With the number of veterans signed to this team, I don't think you'll have enough roster spots for a large number of rookies. That's my concern. 

Are roster sizes going to be increased because of 17 game season? covid? Only way I can see them making a bunch of picks is if the roster sizes are increased. 

I'd be totally happy with them drafting 4-5 players in this draft. Consolidate all of those picks into impact players within the top 3 rounds .. QB / CB / WR / OT / RB and I call it a perfect offseason  

• Like 3