2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

Do we know if any scouts were sent to Monds pro day? 

Also it appears that Josh was in Florida today, anyone seen news about Trask? Did he throw? Interesting that they would send Josh there.. who else would he really want to see other than Trask? Pitts will be gone, maybe Toney? 

12 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Do we know if any scouts were sent to Monds pro day? 

Also it appears that Josh was in Florida today, anyone seen news about Trask? Did he throw? Interesting that they would send Josh there.. who else would he really want to see other than Trask? Pitts will be gone, maybe Toney? 

I watched his pro-day. I was not impressed. My concern was his accuracy. Especially on out patterns. Also he was not hitting his receiver in their short routes. Ball was late and off target.

Last it was a boring work out, basically it put me to sleep!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

I watched his pro-day. I was not impressed. My concern was his accuracy. Especially on out patterns. Also he was not hitting his receiver in their short routes. Ball was late and off target.

Last it was a boring work out, basically it put me to sleep!

Ouch, must be why it wasn't getting any publicity .. Mond didn't get much either but at least I saw a few highlight throws end up on the internet. 

"Florida also boasted wide receiver Kadarius Toney, their shifty playmaker who is viewed as one of the most athletic weapons in the nation. He finished with a 4.41 40-yard-dash, complementing his quick time with an impressive 11-foot-4 broad jump and a 41-inch vertical jump."

Anyone surprised by Mr. Krafts comments regarding the draft? 

I find it interesting that he felt the need to say the drafts have been lackluster but they appear to be doing things a bit differently now. Wonder what that is, could it have to do with Josh going to a few pro days? Would be interesting if he is getting more involved in scouting offense while Bill takes more time with the defense? 

Of course the scouts are a major part of the decision making process .. or maybe they haven't been heard enough in the past and that's why many have left? 

30 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Of course the scouts are a major part of the decision making process .. or maybe they haven't been heard enough in the past and that's why many have left? 

The scouts seemed to have been less involved in recent years than is typical for other teams, according to Albert Breer this morning.

Not shocking. The decisions still fall on Bill ultimately but the process needed to be evaluated years ago.

I've been saying it for a while that the drafting is terrible and fireable for any GM but it is Belichick. No one wanted to hear it, but last year was the final straw. I hope things get better.

I believe this is Bill's final year.

Bill went to the Miami U pro day presumably to check out Greg Rousseau and Jaelen Phillips.

Here's part of why:

I'm not a big fan of either with the 15th pick but early second round or very end of first is fine for either.

An underrated prospect with a day two projection who is a definitive first round talent and could be a late riser a la Chandler Jones is Rashad Weaver from Pitt. People like Patrick Jones but I don't at all. Same thing with Jalyen Twyman. Both overshadow Weaver for no reason at all and to me it is obvious. Weaver is a top 15 talent IMO this year.

16 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If SF draft Jones, and Fields is still on the board - would you go all out to get to 4 or 5?

The more I think about it.. the more I feel you should trade up to get any of the top 5 QBs if it is a guy you think has potential to be a top 10 guy in the future. The only way I don't do that is if for some reason BB and company like Mond more than the 2 QBs available after SF picks.

My goal in the trade would likely be to try and include as many picks this year as possible.. like 1st/2nd/3rd this year and 1st next year along with a 2nd the year after that .. something along those lines. This draft is known to have more unknowns than any other in recent history ( no combine, many players with a year off, less games played,etc.) .. I think if you are ever going to trade up it should be now. They also have 3 4ths which can be used to trade up for a specific player or even traded for a future pick. 

If you draft a player this season they can sit for this year then take over next.. if you punt on QB you're only going to have a later pick next season.. be harder to trade up in a worse QB class.. and still have to draft a player who needs to sit for at least a year with lower upside. You need to get a QB this draft or you're just kicking the can further down the road with no solution. Robert Kraft certainly seems to not want that to be the case. 

42 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

The more I think about it.. the more I feel you should trade up to get any of the top 5 QBs if it is a guy you think has potential to be a top 10 guy in the future. The only way I don't do that is if for some reason BB and company like Mond more than the 2 QBs available after SF picks.

My goal in the trade would likely be to try and include as many picks this year as possible.. like 1st/2nd/3rd this year and 1st next year along with a 2nd the year after that .. something along those lines. This draft is known to have more unknowns than any other in recent history ( no combine, many players with a year off, less games played,etc.) .. I think if you are ever going to trade up it should be now. They also have 3 4ths which can be used to trade up for a specific player or even traded for a future pick. 

If you draft a player this season they can sit for this year then take over next.. if you punt on QB you're only going to have a later pick next season.. be harder to trade up in a worse QB class.. and still have to draft a player who needs to sit for at least a year with lower upside. You need to get a QB this draft or you're just kicking the can further down the road with no solution. Robert Kraft certainly seems to not want that to be the case. 

Yeah maybe has to be this year

Although next season you have to think there would be fewer QB needy teams. I'm not ruling out another 7 or 8 win season which would see us in a similar position. 

I'm still unsure if I'd go all in this draft or next

Edited by Hunter2_1