2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

18 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

9. NE (trade 15th, 46th and 2022 2nd round rounder to Denver) - Jones or Fields *

I would like the trade if we still had our 3rd pick. That pick is kicking our butts. Pats are idiots they should smash every camera in the building.  Imagine we lost the pick taping the frigging Bengals for what Patriots All Access, who the heck would watch it!!!! Sorry got off target.

If I were running the draft, my strategy would be to (try) trade down at least two times in the 1st and than draft Mond. I would do the same thing Dolphins did this year. Accumulate picks and use them to target a player such as Mond.

I have a hard time trading both picks even for ( I can't be a fan here ) Jones. There are only two QBs in this drafts without glaring holes. The other have flaws in their game. This draft is loaded, I would use all my picks to move up into the 1st three rounds and target the following.

1  Mond  1/2 RD

2. Z Collins 1/2 RD

3. Asante Samuel Jr. 2nd

4. Jamin Davis  2/3  Nice one Hunter!

5 Alim McNeill  2/3

Here what my picks would be.  

1st  Mond   Trade back into 1st with Capital from 15th trade.

2nd Asante Samuel Jr.

2nd Jamin Davis

3rd  Alim McNeill 

And if I have any picks left I take Mills in the 4th.  That's right two QBs. I traded Sid for additional ( low) picks.

My strategy THIS year would be to target certain players. I don't care about drafting 10 players after I signed all the free agents.

Kraft wanted a new strategy I'll give him one!😁

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

I would like the trade if we still had our 3rd pick. That pick is kicking our butts. Pats are idiots they should smash every camera in the building.  Imagine we lost the pick taping the frigging Bengals for what Patriots All Access, who the heck would watch it!!!! Sorry got off target.

If I were running the draft, my strategy would be to (try) trade down at least two times in the 1st and than draft Mond. I would do the same thing Dolphins did this year. Accumulate picks and use them to target a player such as Mond.

I have a hard time trading both picks even for ( I can't be a fan here ) Jones. There are only two QBs in this drafts without glaring holes. The other have flaws in their game. This draft is loaded, I would use all my picks to move up into the 1st three rounds and target the following.

1  Mond  1/2 RD

2. Z Collins 1/2 RD

3. Asante Samuel Jr. 2nd

4. Jamin Davis  2/3  Nice one Hunter!

5 Alim McNeill  2/3

Here what my picks would be.  

1st  Mond   Trade back into 1st with Capital from 15th trade.

2nd Asante Samuel Jr.

2nd Jamin Davis

3rd  Alim McNeill 

And if I have any picks left I take Mills in the 4th.  That's right two QBs. I traded Sid for additional ( low) picks.

My strategy THIS year would be to target certain players. I don't care about drafting 10 players after I signed all the free agents.

Kraft wanted a new strategy I'll give him one!😁

Mond in the first round is that?

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Mond in the first round is that?

Yup trade down in the 1st or go back in with a trade. Pats better know their market and  if they have to piss off the Kipers of the world so be it.  IMO you can't wait for him to drop to 46. The next guy up will be Trask after that its a dart throw.

I don't care where a guy is ranked that means crap to me. I like Mond but it up to the Pats to fix his flaw.  If they can't i would move on with a trade down. I want 5 players in this draft from the 2/3 RDs. That what I would do this year.

ADDED   No QB left to draft. I make moves to come out of this draft with 5 players. Here's my list. I would use all resources , trade , players, 2022 draft to get the five. Bold  and I spoil my shorts!!!

• Asante Samuel Jr
  •  Eric Stokes
  • Tyson Campbell
  • Jamin Davis
  • Alim McNeill
  • Landon Dickerson
  • Kelvin Joseph
  • Jackson Carman
  • Rondale Moore
  • Dyami Brown
  • Amari Rodgers
  • Tyler Shelvin
  • Elijah Moore

Edited by m haynes

Well it getting close, so I thought I throw my 1st legit attempt at what the Pats draft would look like based on some of the players I like and what the Pats would do based on previous drafts patterns.

This is not how I would draft but it does have some of the players I like. The players I want badly marked in bold.

15.     Jaycee Horn [ CB ] South Carolina
46.     Alim McNeill [ IDL ] NC State
 96.    D'Ante Smith [ OT ] East Carolina
120.   Kenneth Gainwell [ RB ] Memphis
122.   Chazz Surratt [ LB ] North Carolina
139.   Ihmir Smith-Marsette [ WR ] Iowa
177.   Davis Mills [ QB} Stanford
188.   Trey Hill [ IOL ] Georgia
197.   Cameron Bynum [ CB ] California
242.   Buddy Johnson [ LB ] Texas A&M

PS left out trades becasue that's impossible to predict and gives me a Popsicle headache!!

The only reason that BB picked QB Mills was to keep Kraft's mouth shut! 😁

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1