2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

6 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Patriots should have a comp 3rd for Brady .. as well as I believe 2 comp 4ths this season.  I'm not sure of the depth in this draft but they will have a decent number of mid round picks

Draft seems to be front heavy for QB, WR but a bloated mid-section (haven't we all...) for most other positions, like OL, LB, DBs. DL looks baaad.

11 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Ha.. imagine how much chaos would occur in this forum if this is how the 1st round went ... 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/2021-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-miss-out-first-round-quarterback

Totally possible.. but I feel it's unlikely they go that route

I got a good laugh out of this draft. Perry trying hard to get hits.

5th rated OL in the draft. Really. He is a good player but we are talking the 15th pick at a position that is one of the strongest on the team.

So let see, we are talking BB drafting OL 1st RD with no trade down that funny with a deep draft OL class.   Basically he's had 2 LT in 20 years and he's not sticking with Wynn, OK !  2022 FA with a low price with major upside if he stays healthy.  That's BB all day!

OL with Jaycee Horn, CB on the board   He's talking in other articles, Pats trading away Gilmore and Jackson will leave possibly FA. Funny!

OL in the future  Wynn, Mike Onwenu,  (Hjalte Froholdt or  David Andrews), Shaq Mason, Justin Herron.

Waddle over Smith in the 1st RD that's funny. Well it is Detroit but still.

My last thoughts on Perry's "expert" draft.  Perry has covered the Pats and has seen Harry 1st hand and has Rashod Bateman going in the 1st RD. Your kidding right, they are the same player. Read his profile and than read Harrys.

Based on this draft, Perry your fired!   

Hjalte Froholdt got stolen away by I believe the Giants this season. BB tried to sneak him onto the practice squad and lost. It's too bad too.. we really have 0 depth at C, so resigning Andrews will be huge

I think Waddle could also go first.. look at last season with Ruggs going first? Pure speed is going to get attention. A lot of people believe Waddle could be the better pro and could be a Hill type player

Edited by Crimmage
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Hjalte Froholdt got stolen away by I believe the Giants this season. BB tried to sneak him onto the practice squad and lost.

Watching NFLNW and they were talking about Nick Caserio. I started to wonder if its really a big deal  that he's leaving. My conclusion, its no big deal.  Reason why I don't think its a big deal,  BB makes all the decision. Nicks job was BB ( I don't no any other way to say it) secretary, a pencil pusher. I know its not that simple but in general, most of the staff and coaches are just administered assistants.  I use two examples, Matty P didn't know crap how to run a defense but he could break down everything defense . BB tells him want he wants, get in trouble BB takes over. Brady cover MP calling the D game.  Joe Judge had experience outside the Pats Organization uses what he learned with BB.  Maybe this is confusing, but what I hope you get is BB takes a guy off the street gives a job getting coffee turns him into D/O coordinator. It's strange he never brought Pioli back.

BB the GOAT but sometimes he frustrates the heck out me. How can someone with his status be so petty and stupid.  How  dumb can he be with the HF move. He taught three head coaches. He didn't think they would jump on that move claiming HF.

Draft night with the dog sitting in his chair. He stage that, why. He read the papers and they say his draft stink. BB, I show them, a dog can make the pick. I didn't find it funny, he acted like a 1st grade creep. He didn't do that to be funny. He took time to train a dog to sit in a chair. What a weasel !

Guess I'm venting. Frustrated about the season, sitting here day after day. Pats season done the only thing left to watch is Hallmark Movies!!! Refuse to watch LB -NBA,  three ball.

Edited by m haynes

Desmond Ridder returning to school.. given how bad the QB class apparently is next season I'm not super surprised.. but would have really liked as many QB options as possible this season. 

I would have been all for spending a 2nd/3rd on him as a guy you sit for a year. He could be a top 10 pick next season if he continues to get better next season. 

Dayo Odeyingbo   👍-  DL   6'6 276  size/speed combination  -- BB type player - versatile. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/dayo-odeyingbo-nfl-draft-player-profile-vanderbilt-edge/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iex1LI7wgLo

Bobby Brown III  👍 🌟 NT - 6-foot-4 and 325 pounds  big, strong, can move. "Brown has great size and is one of the best run stuffers in the SEC. "

https://thegamehaus.com/college-football/nfl-draft-prospects-in-the-2021-capital-one-orange-bowl/2020/12/30/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwUKeBksZoY

Ben Stille  6'4 295 - aggressive,  plays end , move in side, hold the point of attack, late RD. Remind me Lawrence Guy.

Ben Stille Nebraska Highlights

https://www.cornnation.com/2020/12/2/21857001/ben-stille-a-scouting-perspective-nfl-huskers

Edited by m haynes

On 1/5/2021 at 5:03 AM, Crimmage said:

Ha.. imagine how much chaos would occur in this forum if this is how the 1st round went ... 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/2021-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-miss-out-first-round-quarterback

Totally possible.. but I feel it's unlikely they go that route

This is now the third time I've seen Darrisaw mocked to us. I didn't get it the first time...

has this dude come out of nowhere? He looks enourmous, but aren't we set at T?

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This is now the third time I've seen Darrisaw mocked to us. I didn't get it the first time...

has this dude come out of nowhere? He looks enourmous, but aren't we set at T?

I think the main thought process is Wynn is injury prone and has 1 year left on his deal.. as well as Cannon could easily retire. 

It really depends on how much you like Wynn and if you think Herron is the starting RT of the future.

4 hours ago, LD696 said:

Opinions on Daviyon Nixon and the chances of getting him? He seems like an athletic disruptor who can provide interior rush, but also plays intelligently against the run. Is he going to go too early for the Pats?

IMO  The DL is one of the weakest positions in the 2021 drafts for the Patriots.  I'm talking skill set. The top DL are more pass rushers than run stoppers. The top four are: Christian Barmore, Jay Tufele, Daviyon Nixon and Marvin Wilson. The one closet to what we need is Barmore but IMO he's a waste of a (high) pick for the Pats.

Nixon is a extremely athletic player ,but he's not going to give you what you need against the running game.  Now if he there for the Pats in the low 3rd round you have to consider him for his rushing skills from the inside.  Last,  I'm not saying he's a dog it's just he doesn't fit what the Pats need for where he's projected in the draft.

Last    Marvin Wilson  is a nightmare waiting to happen. Your heard of Pats way, well he's the extract opposite.  Uses football to promote himself, football get in his way. You can look up the negative crap on him. Don't waste your time 😁

IMO the Pats need DL like Byron Cowart. Strong against the run and can collapse the pocket. They also need a NT. Bobby Brown III ,  ( 4/5 RD) tremendous size at 6-foot-4 and 325 pounds and Levi Onwuzurike.  (3/4 RD). Get both later in the draft.

Hope this helps. Just my 2 cents!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I think the main thought process is Wynn is injury prone and has 1 year left on his deal.. as well as Cannon could easily retire. 

It really depends on how much you like Wynn and if you think Herron is the starting RT of the future.

I do like Wynn, and I think Herron is a decent backup to Onwenu....

I guess if we lose Thuney it makes sense, but we need front 7 help something rotten 

6 hours ago, LD696 said:

Opinions on Daviyon Nixon and the chances of getting him? He seems like an athletic disruptor who can provide interior rush, but also plays intelligently against the run. Is he going to go too early for the Pats?

In the 2nd round, we're on. Early 2nd, for me