2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

Just now, Crimmage said:

I really want a FAST slot WR to help Jones. They need to give him a poor mans Waddle .. Elijah Moore / Toney / Eskridge / Darden /etc. 

Get that.. a developmental OT / CB  and I'll be happy

If they traded up for Elijah Moore that would be sexy

4 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I really want a FAST slot WR to help Jones. They need to give him a poor mans Waddle .. Elijah Moore / Toney / Eskridge / Darden /etc. 

Get that.. a developmental OT / CB  and I'll be happy

3 minutes ago, mission27 said:

If they traded up for Elijah Moore that would be sexy

not a big moore guy but he isn't terrible. this is the year to look for exactly what you are mentioning @Crimmage

plenty of guys. Amari Rodgers too.

Yup, they can probably grab a great guy in the 3rd even. 

I'm now wondering if Cam is going to be on the roster.. he's TOTALLY different from Jones.. how is he going to be the bridge? It makes a lot of sense that they wanted Alex Smith before he retired. 

1 minute ago, Crimmage said:

I'm now wondering if Cam is going to be on the roster.. he's TOTALLY different from Jones.. how is he going to be the bridge? It makes a lot of sense that they wanted Alex Smith before he retired. 

You're really overthinking this. Unless Mac completely obliterates natural expectations, Cam is the starter for at least this year..

1 minute ago, Crimmage said:

I'm sure

But hypothetically what are the cap implications if they trade for Jimmy and cut Cam?

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

You're really overthinking this. Unless Mac completely obliterates natural expectations, Cam is the starter for at least this year..

Maybe for Week 1.  I think its 70/30 Cam Week 1.  More like 50/50 by the end of the year tbh.

2 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

Depends on how Cam performs, Bill wont just create QB controversy if the playoffs are in the cards.

Also depends on how Mac plays.  If he's lights out in the pre-season, and he gives us the best chance to win, he'll be the starter.  

I don't think they mind paying Cam some $$$ to be a good back-up and good guy in the QB room.