2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

Just now, m haynes said:

I have no idea (good/bad) about next years draft.  Have any 411?

I don't think teams are going to want to trade picks from next year to grab a 3rd / 4th this season. Next year will be a normal year so they will have WAYYY more info on these prospects. This season after the first couple rounds gets a lot more uncertainty than usual.. I think the best you'll be able to do is package two of those 4ths for a 3rd. 

• Like 1

One of the biggest questions I have for today as well is Gilmore... if you are going to trade him, it has to be today. He's not going to play on his current deal, so you either need to extend him a couple years or trade him. 

Trading him and grabbing Asante Samuel Jr wouldn't be the worse decision in the world.. you need speed, especially with Waddle now in the division. While he would certainly be a downgrade this season, I would be very happy long term with a Gilmore for Samuel swap. I'm sure you have a few other good corners out there as well who could be options. 

59 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Ok  What is the next move?  I not sure at this point there are so many good players still on the board. My problem is the gap between 46 and 96.

How will they solve this problem. If they move down they may lose out on the WRs... EX R Moore,  if they don't, they lose out on all the other highly rated players.

They can move a 4th however what will they have to give up with the 4th and not create a gap in the lower rounds.

Forgot they could use a player such as Gilmore, Jackson, Sony or Winovich.

What I see is Rondale Moore would be Mac Jones, Jaylen Waddle. IMO Moore is the same type of player with similar skill level.  One of Mac Jones strength is the short pass. He throw a perfect ball hitting the receiver perfectly leading up the field.

However if they use that pick they don't have a shot at one of my favorite player in the draft, DT Alim McNeill.

Push comes to shove I take Moore.

ADDED   Don't be surprised if the next pick is Landon Dickerson. it just a hunch.

I'm guessing customary 2nd round DB

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

He's not going to play on his current deal

Since when? Last I read he seemed happy to be a Patriot. Like of course behind the scenes he is advocating because no one at his age is going to want to sit on the final year of a deal, but I don't see anything to suggest its make or break

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Ok  What is the next move?  I not sure at this point there are so many good players still on the board. My problem is the gap between 46 and 96.

How will they solve this problem. If they move down they may lose out on the WRs... EX R Moore,  if they don't, they lose out on all the other highly rated players.

They can move a 4th however what will they have to give up with the 4th and not create a gap in the lower rounds.

Forgot they could use a player such as Gilmore, Jackson, Sony or Winovich.

What I see is Rondale Moore would be Mac Jones, Jaylen Waddle. IMO Moore is the same type of player with similar skill level.  One of Mac Jones strength is the short pass. He throw a perfect ball hitting the receiver perfectly leading up the field.

However if they use that pick they don't have a shot at one of my favorite player in the draft, DT Alim McNeill.

Push comes to shove I take Moore.

ADDED   Don't be surprised if the next pick is Landon Dickerson. it just a hunch.

I wouldn't move down. Top 45-50 picks are usually the impact players. And we could end up with a really quality CB, WR or OL at 46. I would potentially look to package the 2 4th rounders to move up in the 3rd round.

16 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Could you imagine if Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah were still available at #46?

Hey, if Mac Jones can survive until 15th anything is possible.

(Okay, I'd settle for Nick Bolton.)

I would lean Marshall or E. Moore if one of the 2 is available. But would also gladly take JOK, Asante Samuel Jr and several of the available OTs.

• Like 1

Looking at the WR room, with 4 TE likely on the team.. they aren't going to have much room. If they get a WR in round 2/3 .. really have to wonder if Harry gets traded. 

An OT makes the most sense at the moment, you could have a great guy at 46 who could be a long term starter after this season when Wynn / Brown could be gone. Wouldn't be surprised if BB tries to even trade Wynn if he finds an OT he really likes. 

Really awesome options 2nd-4th, if we could get 3 guys out of the list below I'd be really happy with this draft.

OFFENSIVE TACKLE
Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State
Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa
Brady Christensen, BYU

CORNERBACK
Tyson Campbell, Georgia
Asante Samuel Jr., Florida State
Benjamin St-Juste, Minnesota
Ambry Thomas, Michigan

WIDE RECEIVER
Elijah Moore, Ole Miss
Rondale Moore, Purdue
D’Wayne Eskridge, Western Michigan
Amari Rodgers, Clemson

SAFETY
Trevon Moehrig, TCU
Richie Grant, UCF
Jevon Holland, Oregon

RUNNING BACK
Kenneth Gainwell, Memphis
Demetric Felton, UCLA

DEFENSIVE TACKLE
Christian Barmore, Alabama

LINEBACKER
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame
Nick Bolton, Missouri
Jabril Cox, LSU
Baron Browning, Ohio State
Pete Werner, Ohio State

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

Looking at the WR room, with 4 TE likely on the team.. they aren't going to have much room. If they get a WR in round 2/3 .. really have to wonder if Harry gets traded. 

An OT makes the most sense at the moment, you could have a great guy at 46 who could be a long term starter after this season when Wynn / Brown could be gone. Wouldn't be surprised if BB tries to even trade Wynn if he finds an OT he really likes. 

Really awesome options 2nd-4th, if we could get 3 guys out of the list below I'd be really happy with this draft.

OFFENSIVE TACKLE
Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State
Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa
Brady Christensen, BYU

CORNERBACK
Tyson Campbell, Georgia
Asante Samuel Jr., Florida State
Benjamin St-Juste, Minnesota
Ambry Thomas, Michigan

WIDE RECEIVER
Elijah Moore, Ole Miss
Rondale Moore, Purdue
D’Wayne Eskridge, Western Michigan
Amari Rodgers, Clemson

SAFETY
Trevon Moehrig, TCU
Richie Grant, UCF
Jevon Holland, Oregon

RUNNING BACK
Kenneth Gainwell, Memphis
Demetric Felton, UCLA

DEFENSIVE TACKLE
Christian Barmore, Alabama

LINEBACKER
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame
Nick Bolton, Missouri
Jabril Cox, LSU

Baron Browning, Ohio State
Pete Werner, Ohio State

Going off your list. added a few players off your list.  Nice job by the way.

I see OL and WR at pick 46 for the Pats.

33. Jacksonville Jaguars -----------------------------Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
34. New York Jets ----------------------------------- Elijah Moore, Ole Miss
35. Atlanta Falcons ----------------------------------- Asante Samuel Jr., Florida State
36. Miami Dolphins (from Houston) ------------------  Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State
37. Philadelphia Eagles --------------------------------  Tyson Campbell, Georgia
38. Cincinnati Bengals ---------------------------------  Samuel Cosmi (not on list)
39. Carolina Panthers ---------------------------------- Terrace Marshall Jr. (not on list)
40. Denver Broncos ------------------------------------ Christian Barmore, Alabama
41. Detroit Lions ---------------------------------------- Azeez Ojulari, Edge rusher, Georgia
42. New York Giants -----------------------------------  Baron Browning, Ohio State
43. San Francisco 49ers -------------------------------  Trevon Moehrig, TCU
44. Dallas Cowboys ------------------------------------  Benjamin St-Juste, Minnesota
45. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Minnesota) ------------- Pat Freiermuth

Just now, Crimmage said:

I would hate to see Moore on the Jets .. he's going to be awesome at the next level. 

If things go that way, I think BB trades back because you've still got multiple LB / WR / OT that he could like

Thinking like BB i agree, but me I would run up for Moore. IMO he can transform an offense like T Hill.

If you are looking for a guy who can do WR screens and scheme open like a poor mans Waddle.. they could go after Eskridge / Schwartz ( super fast) / Darden in the 4th. I kind of doubt BB goes WR in the 2nd round, when he could get a great OT / LB prospect. 

7 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

If you are looking for a guy who can do WR screens and scheme open like a poor mans Waddle.. they could go after Eskridge / Schwartz ( super fast) / Darden in the 4th. I kind of doubt BB goes WR in the 2nd round, when he could get a great OT / LB prospect. 

don't forget his annual 2nd round DB