2021 Patriots Draft

m haynes

55 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Moore ran a time of 4.33 seconds in the 40-yard dash. He also clocked a 4.01-second time in the shuttle and leaped to a 42.7-inch vertical jump.

https://247sports.com/Article/Rondle-Moore-Purdue-football-wide-receiver-2021-NFL-Draft-comparison-Tyreek-Hill-Chiefs-150558929/

that's fine but i dont see it as clearly on the field as i do with tyreek hill versus track numbers

9 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

that's fine but i dont see it as clearly on the field as i do with tyreek hill versus track numbers

Moore would be the 1st piece at WR in the (new) Pats  passing offense. You have a great building block.

Just saying, but its hard to be the only one on offense to show your real talent. Moore played at Purdue and basically had no one else on that side of the ball. Put Moore on a teams like Bama, OSU, and Clemson and I'm pretty sure many would have him much higher in the draft.

Matter of fact, I'm sure OSU would take him with open arms ! He destroyed them as a freshman.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

Jaylen Waddle, Greg Rousseau, Kadarius Toney, Patrick Surtain II, Kyle Pitts, Rashawn Slater, and Travis Etienne are the "high end" non-QB prospects within the range of pick 15 that I see drawing consideration from the Patriots. I'm pretty sure Slater, Pitts, and Waddle will all be off the board by 15. Rousseau and Surtain II could be at 15 but at least one of them will be gone as well.

In the event that only Toney and Eitenne from my list remain and no QB other than Trask is available then I could see a trade down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

In the event that only Toney and Eitenne from my list remain and no QB other than Trask is available then I could see a trade down.

* But I would LOVE to see Toney or Etienne be the pick, too. It is like picking between Tyreek Hill or Alvin Kamara type prospects.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Jaylen Waddle, Greg Rousseau, Kadarius Toney, Patrick Surtain II, Kyle Pitts, Rashawn Slater, and Travis Etienne are the "high end" non-QB prospects within the range of pick 15 that I see drawing consideration from the Patriots. I'm pretty sure Slater, Pitts, and Waddle will all be off the board by 15. Rousseau and Surtain II could be at 15 but at least one of them will be gone as well.

Greg Rousseau, Kadarius Toney, Rashawn Slater, and Travis Etienne.

Greg Rousseau  ---  Lacks football game. He gets away with great size and speed at the college level. Project at the next level.

Kad Toney --- I hate when the Pats draft a Gator.  Gator WRs never workout in the NFL.

Rashawn  --- Like the player, hate the Ol postion in the 1st RD this year.

Travis Etienne ---  General rule never take a RB in the 1st RD. You can get comparable talent in the 2 RDS. EX -- Kenny Gainwell, Javonta Williams.

Your right if the draft doesn't fall our way. They should move down if there no QB, WR or Patrick Surtain II. Also I would pass on Pitts as well. I have to give Devin Asiasi a chance. I have learned with the Pats never use 1st year as a measuring stick!

10 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Toney --- I hate when the Pats draft a Gator.  Gator WRs never workout in the NFL.

I can't denounce a prospect I like just because of the school he went to, especially given the Pats drafted Kyle Dugger who didn't even play division I college ball.

After Van Jefferson, the latest Gator receiver example to enter the draft, and combined with Kyle Pitts' unique success, I look at Toney's school and see no reason to think his skill isn't transferable to the NFL. Unique athlete with wiggle that is rivaled IMO only by Lamar Jackson right now. I suggest you give Kadarius Toney a shot and look at his body of work exclusively without judging him by what others before him did in the NFL.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

I can't denounce a prospect I like just because of the school he went to, especially given the Pats drafted Kyle Dugger who didn't even play division I college ball.

After Van Jefferson, the latest Gator receiver example to enter the draft, and combined with Kyle Pitts' unique success, I look at Toney's school and see no reason to think his skill isn't transferable to the NFL. Unique athlete with wiggle that is rivaled IMO only by Lamar Jackson right now. I suggest you give Kadarius Toney a shot and look at his body of work exclusively without judging him by what others before him did in the NFL.

Dole   That's just me when it comes to Gator to the Pats. However there are no Gators WR in NFL history that made a impact in the NFL. The highest I could find was Percy Harvin and he played for a week and he was gone!

Seems unlikely that they would draft another RB in the 1st round.. they have just way too many needs to fill for a 1st round RB. 

Etienne could be really good but I think BB would have to trade 15 for A LOT to grab him so he could fill other holes on the team and have him be more of a luxury pick. 

Do any teams have 2 2nd rounders? I'm awful at those draft value trades but I could see BB jumping for joy getting 2 2nds and a 3rd for 15 if the QB he wants is taken early.

I say that but if Waddle is there at 15.. I don't want them to trade back.. he would be AMAZING on this team

Edited by Crimmage

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

Seems unlikely that they would draft another RB in the 1st round.. they have just way too many needs to fill for a 1st round RB. 

Etienne could be really good but I think BB would have to trade 15 for A LOT to grab him so he could fill other holes on the team and have him be more of a luxury pick. 

Do any teams have 2 2nd rounders? I'm awful at those draft value trades but I could see BB jumping for joy getting 2 2nds and a 3rd for 15 if the QB he wants is taken early.

I say that but if Waddle is there at 15.. I don't want them to trade back.. he would be AMAZING on this team

Two picks 2nd RD

Miami  36, 50       Forget this, to many pick to make it work. Now if they want to add future picks sure., but that to much work on the calculator!😁

Jacksonville 33,45   This is pretty much equal swap 1.94% Gain Pats.  15 for 33 45

I use Tankerathon when I deal with the draft. It give me a starting point in the draft. Take a look at the players at the end of the 1st and 2nd RD.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

ADDED

Jags makes the trade to get TE Pitts for Lawrence.

Edited by m haynes

59 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

If the Pats pass on Waddle, as I have said before, I will actually lose any remaining trust/confidence I have in the Patriots draft competence.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I'd prefer the Pats to hit skill positions in FA and use the draft to build up options in the front seven (assuming we can't land a top QB). 

Me too. Aaron Jones, Dak Prescott, Tyrod Taylor, Jalen Hurts trade, many wide receivers, Hunter Henry... so much potential and plenty of cap space.

10 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

skill positions in FA

Care to add to this. Which way defense or offense ? Have anyone you would like for the Pats

10 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

draft to build up options

I don't understand options. You talking about a player that can play inside or out?

Not being a wiseguy just like to read about different ways to go about the draft. 👍